5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 build and price - minus the price

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Patriot Blue Limited with body coloured bumpers and 4x4 off-road package

This almost exactly what I want as well, I shudder to think of the price though... I really like the looks of the Longhorn, but hate all the kitschy cowboy crap like the barb-wire mats and belt buckles etc. I wonder what tires the 4x4 package comes with?

ericd

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Awesome tool. Here's what I'm going with. I'm on my second longhorn right now and can't give up the Ram Boxes. Any idea how far back the "late availability" will push things?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just built mine. Rebel
1f606.png

relic

Reaction score
Why am I not seeing Harmon Kardon for the Laramie? UGH

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
relic post_id=112 time=1517495545 user_id=67 said:
Why am I not seeing Harmon Kardon for the Laramie? UGH
You are, you have to order Package 2 under the Laramie.

Similar to if you want the LED bed lighting, you have to select the Bed Utility Group.

It is my wishful hope, that RAM, is going to do this like Honda, have only a few options you can order, thus making it cheaper to build.

I selected, and I knew, from my friend whom placed my order last week, that once I selected the 12" Uconnect, RAM basically built the rest of my truck, as you have to selected the Laramie Package 2, and the Saftey Group. In reality all I chose was, bucket seats, bed utility group, power steps, which sucks because I wanted the chrome group, but you cannot order both, because the chrome group comes with fixed side steps, and the larger wheel, and the interior and exterior color.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's part of the Laramie Level 2 package, just listed as 19 speaker audio system. The build and price isn't perfected yet, it's not even supposed to be used by anyone which is why it isn't listed on Rams site yet.
1f609.png

relic

Reaction score
mrmachaveli post_id=113 time=1517498169 user_id=90 said:

Similar to if you want the LED bed lighting, you have to select the Bed Utility Group.

It is my wishful hope, that RAM, is going to do this like Honda, have only a few options you can order, thus making it cheaper to build.

I selected, and I knew, from my friend whom placed my order last week, that once I selected the 12" Uconnect, RAM basically built the rest of my truck, as you have to selected the Laramie Package 2, and the Saftey Group. In reality all I chose was, bucket seats, bed utility group, power steps, which sucks because I wanted the chrome group, but you cannot order both, because the chrome group comes with fixed side steps, and the larger wheel, and the interior and exterior color.
phew, thanks. Got it now. For a second thought I was going to have to get a Limited. That would be awful
icon_lol.gif

relic

Reaction score
ericd post_id=110 time=1517489199 user_id=97 said:
Thanks for posting. Awesome tool. Here's what I'm going with. I'm on my second longhorn right now and can't give up the Ram Boxes. Any idea how far back the "late availability" will push things?

Agreed. I really want Ramboxes with 6-4 bed.

ericd

Reaction score
mrmachaveli post_id=113 time=1517498169 user_id=90 said:

Did they quote you a time frame on when your build might arrive?

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
ericd post_id=117 time=1517500026 user_id=97 said:
Did they quote you a time frame on when your build might arrive?

Yes, but no, but yes.

So I ordered a 6'4 bed, the factory is 'accepting' orders for 6'4 bed until this coming Monday, Feb 5th. But, because I am not ordering Late Arrival packages, like the Protection Group, which they will order me the plates and I'll install them down the road. From what I have read online, and from them speaking with the guy in charge of where trucks are placed in the build order. Most likely the first week of April, if I am lucky the third or fourth week of March. This depend in-part to whether we drive and go pick the truck up from Sterling Heights, since I am about 70 miles from the plant, or wait for it to be trucked down.

Since, living next to the Jeep Plant, I know how much manufacturers like to build a crap load of vehicles, and park them on their numerous lots, which is something to see in real life, on a good day the Jeep Plant will turn out about 340-430 vehicles per 12 hours.

Understanding the issues, of new building and the time it takes to get fully familiar with the process, it depends on the issues they do or do not have. In college I did worked for Jeep, which, it takes maybe a week of 10 hour days 6 out of every 7 days before you have the entire process down, and yet you still will work with a person for 2 more weeks, before they allow you to work on your own, to make sure you do not slow the line down. But, if you have read, you know the issues of adding a new vehicle to a line, ie the Dodge Demon.

The owner of this site, has good insides also. I could see them pushing out a bunch of 5 foot bed to dealers by the end of February, if things good well, since those are the only orders they are taking in full from dealers currently. Though, you have to include the time it takes to line up the trucks, get them on rail cars, travel them, then most dealers will not pick up vehicles, until they have enough to load a transport semi with, so they could sit at a local car depot for another week or few.

Jim Morison, head of RAM, has told numerous sources they will be at dealers, the end of Q1Ralph Giles, the guy who turn Chrysler exterior and interior design around, said the beginning of Q2

I'd go with end of March.

Equally for PRICINGJim Morison has said, when pushed about price. With the reporter saying, with all of this luxury, this has to be an expensive truck, which Jim responded, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the price.Contrary, Ralph Giles, who is now a high executive, when asked about pricing, made a comment to the effect, that it'll be the same value you have expected from RAM.

Add these two up, and the fact that Ford has always been overpriced, in comparison to RAM trucks with similar options, if not more, by 3-6 grand. I'm expecting the truck to still be a grand or two cheaper than an equal F-150, at worst. The only cheviot being the 12" unconnect.Though, with how ordering looks, and things being bundled most than before, it is always cheaper per volume to build 100 of something verses 50, so I am thinking that we might be surprised.Though basing off of Ford, and what I know dual pain roof is about $2,000Adaptive Cruise is $1,000Bed Utility Group is $800Power Steps $1,00019 Speakers $75012" Screen $700-$1,000 (depending on option)

It is hard for me to fully give solid numbers to others, as with Employee Pricing, makes a decent change in cost.

Stating, crew cab Laramie with 6.4ft bed, 5.7 hemi, 4x4, Laramie level 2, 12" uconnect, Side Steps, Bed Group, nicer wheels. And the forced options you have to accept. I am assuming an MSRP of $55,000-$56,000. But, I would not be surprised if it comes in around $54,000.It all depends on how much that Safety Group you are forced to order, in a Laramie to get the 12" Uconnect costs, since all they are adding is the sensor in the windshield, and the rest is software, as all of the other sensors come optional.

Also, if you like Weathertech floor mats. The new RAM rubber floor mats are amazing, they are cut to fit perfectly, with no gaps.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
relic post_id=115 time=1517498544 user_id=67 said:
phew, thanks. Got it now. For a second thought I was going to have to get a Limited. That would be awful
icon_lol.gif
Yeah, I kind of do research for my career. But, I am actually teaching the sale woman, whom is processing my order, all of the options and what you have to order to get certain things. I am still half tempted to have them see what a Longhorn would cost me, being it would give me what I want, and allow me to exclude a few things I do not desire, or desire to spend the money for.

Here is a dirty secret. You can get any dealership to offer you friends and family discount, they will through them around like it is nothing, if they really want to sell a vehicle, or if you find the right sales person, and befriend him, most often talking with them in person for maybe two to three hours total. But it will save you about 8% off MSRP, most likely more, I do not want to give the exact percentages. Also, if you work hard enough, a dealership can discount it enough for Employee pricing, which is a good feeling on the savings; specially if their are rebates.

ericd

Reaction score
Interesting insight. thanks. I'm just hoping these Ram Boxes don't cause a huge shift in the deliveries. My last Longhorn was a custom build and I was quoted 1 month for delivery. It ended up being 4. It was torture. I don't know if I can go through that process again lol

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
ericd post_id=120 time=1517503605 user_id=97 said:
Interesting insight. thanks. I'm just hoping these Ram Boxes don't cause a huge shift in the deliveries. My last Longhorn was a custom build and I was quoted 1 month for delivery. It ended up being 4. It was torture. I don't know if I can go through that process again lol
Sadly, I have heard or seen little for them, with 6'4 beds. I've never been a fan of them, but I can see their usefulness. What do you most often use yours for? I've always been curious, but have never known anyone with them

relic

Reaction score
Ramboxes might just be my favourite feature I have. My interior is absolutely immaculate after 4 years because of them. Anything that will fit in them goes in them. From groceries to being filled with ice and fresh caught trout. The looks on friends faces when I show up to a campsite with beers sunk in ice on both sides of the bed is priceless. As much as I want the 6-4 bed I will go 5-7 if it's only way to get them.

ericd

Reaction score
mrmachaveli post_id=121 time=1517508699 user_id=90 said:
Sadly, I have heard or seen little for them, with 6'4 beds. I've never been a fan of them, but I can see their usefulness. What do you most often use yours for? I've always been curious, but have never known anyone with them
Well I don't do construction or anything so they're not filled with tools. That's why I also don't mind the little bit of bed size loss. I mostly use them for just random storage. Tarps, moving blanket, trailer ball, emergency kit, groceries mostly lol. I'm OCD about keeping the cab spotless so it's nice to have somewhere to put random junk

ericd

Reaction score
relic post_id=122 time=1517509513 user_id=67 said:
Ramboxes might just be my favourite feature I have. My interior is absolutely immaculate after 4 years because of them. Anything that will fit in them goes in them. From groceries to being filled with ice and fresh caught trout. The looks on friends faces when I show up to a campsite with beers sunk in ice on both sides of the bed is priceless. As much as I want the 6-4 bed I will go 5-7 if it's only way to get them.
It's weird they're not offering them on both. They've had them on both sizes the past few years. Maybe they'll offer them later. I'm the same as you. They're my favorite option on the truck. As much as I want my new one day 1, I'm gonna have to wait for the Ram Boxes

Users who are viewing this thread