5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 build and price - minus the price

rsg1963

Reaction score
[/quote] Here is a dirty secret. You can get any dealership to offer you friends and family discount, they will through them around like it is nothing, if they really want to sell a vehicle, or if you find the right sales person, and befriend him, most often talking with them in person for maybe two to three hours total. But it will save you about 8% off MSRP, most likely more, I do not want to give the exact percentages. Also, if you work hard enough, a dealership can discount it enough for Employee pricing, which is a good feeling on the savings; specially if their are rebates.[/quote]

My dealership basically has always allowed me to set the price (within reason). Depending on demand, the vehicles we've ordered (we always custom order ours, even the Jeep) have all been invoice, or up to $500 back of invoice. Rebates are on top of that if they are available. I always deal with their fleet guy so maybe that's why I get the love?

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
ericd post_id=123 time=1517509928 user_id=97 said:
Well I don't do construction or anything so they're not filled with tools. That's why I also don't mind the little bit of bed size loss. I mostly use them for just random storage. Tarps, moving blanket, trailer ball, emergency kit, groceries mostly lol. I'm OCD about keeping the cab spotless so it's nice to have somewhere to put random junk
I always thought that they would work good for those uses. OCD, guilty here. In college, my dad's good friend got a new ZO6, and I would mess with his detailing products, to now, I use 4 different companies, and am the master at the easy ways of keeping a vehicle clean, using the best products, but also not wasting any money on overpriced cleaners, or things that seem useful but are not needed.

I have been wondering about storage. I would like to keep a hunting rifle, blanks, tow straps, tie downs and such - yet, I feel like I am going to run out of room, even though, looking through the truck in Detroit, there is a lot of storage. My favorite is the built in tape measure in the, in floor bin

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Here is a dirty secret. You can get any dealership to offer you friends and family discount, they will through them around like it is nothing, if they really want to sell a vehicle, or if you find the right sales person, and befriend him, most often talking with them in person for maybe two to three hours total. But it will save you about 8% off MSRP, most likely more, I do not want to give the exact percentages. Also, if you work hard enough, a dealership can discount it enough for Employee pricing, which is a good feeling on the savings; specially if their are rebates.[/quote]

My dealership basically has always allowed me to set the price (within reason). Depending on demand, the vehicles we've ordered (we always custom order ours, even the Jeep) have all been invoice, or up to $500 back of invoice. Rebates are on top of that if they are available. I always deal with their fleet guy so maybe that's why I get the love?[/quote]

I feel comfortable in saying, before the test 1500s hit the road, in spy shots, I was about to order a 2500 Laramie with the 6.7 Cummins, and I was looking at $52,000 before taxes.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
relic post_id=122 time=1517509513 user_id=67 said:
Ramboxes might just be my favourite feature I have. My interior is absolutely immaculate after 4 years because of them. Anything that will fit in them goes in them. From groceries to being filled with ice and fresh caught trout. The looks on friends faces when I show up to a campsite with beers sunk in ice on both sides of the bed is priceless. As much as I want the 6-4 bed I will go 5-7 if it's only way to get them.
From what I see in the ordering. It seems as though they are going to ease into productions. I mean, you cannot even order the protection group right away. So I feel they are going to go slow with the crawl, walk, run - when it comes to production. I've always wondered if you can fit a decent sized chainsaw in one of the Ramboxes, I believe they said they are a little larger this model

18ADR

Reaction score
Thanks for the website post, great resource. I've already done 3 configurations! Anyone with a contact at Ram have information on the E-Locker? I'm curious when unlocked does it operate like a Limited Slip Rear or if it operates as an open rear. I also noticed the interesting definition for the Anti Spin Differential: The rear differential can be locked with an electronic actuator so both rear wheels receive equal torque all the time for enhanced traction. Hmm, how different is that from the E-Locker?

relic

Reaction score
mrmachaveli post_id=131 time=1517516466 user_id=90 said:
I've always wondered if you can fit a decent sized chainsaw in one of the Ramboxes, I believe they said they are a little larger this model
I've had my MS261 in mine many times, pretty sure my 460 would fit too.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are dealers accepting orders when there is no pricing available??

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
relic post_id=133 time=1517529833 user_id=67 said:
I've had my MS261 in mine many times, pretty sure my 460 would fit too.
I'm not that big league lol. Just a 362 and a 261

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
VectorZ post_id=134 time=1517530053 user_id=82 said:
How are dealers accepting orders when there is no pricing available??
I can only speak for myself, I know a person. But, I would assume, most are like myself and just trusting that RAM is still going to be competitive on pricing.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2019 Ram configurator is now live on the Ram trucks website. Still no pricing info though.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
The 2019 Ram configurator is now live on the Ram trucks website. Still no pricing info though.
Hear any rumors on when pricing will be released? It has to be soon right? Also, any update on the brake hold feature?
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard on either yet lol. Rumour was price coming this week so we can hope for tomorrow but I'm not so sure at this point.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
warmachine said:
Black Appearance and Sport are late availability
I'm a little disappointed in that too but I get why. Makes sense to ramp up certain trims first and then add on as they go.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

warmachine

Reaction score
Maybe I'll get a Limited with the painted bumpers instead. I'd have to see one in person first tho

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
warmachine said:
Maybe I'll get a Limited with the painted bumpers instead. I'd have to see one in person first tho
I want to see one in person too. I actually like the look, but I'd have to get the Chrome trim around the windows done in gloss black and see if I could get the grille surround done on body colour as well. Although that stuff might not bother me too much in person.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
warmachine post_id=146 time=1517553635 user_id=89 said:
Seeing them in person makes a big change. When I saw the pictures from the media days in Detroit, I was 90% happy with the design and look. Once I saw them in person, I was taken away. Though, I like both front end designs for different reasons. The Laramie style I love because the larger headlights give it the strong feel and look of the 2500s, while the Limited headlights are thinner and give it a more gentle look and elegant, but the grill on the Limited in person is incredible. If I was okay with spending an extra $4K, I would get the Limited, Specially with the headlights moving with the steering wheel.

The chrome window trim vs the standard black/grey is a fifty fifty shot. The only big different is, you need the Limited lower chrome molding or chrome side steps for it to look good, because the chrome blends in better. But the black window trim is fine and blends well with the truck.

The blue sport package they have shown, I am not a fan of blue, nor the color in pictures on the truck, but in person, the entire color match looks great, and is smooth.

I liked the black sports appearance on the old 1500s and the current 25000s, but seeing it in person, there was something I did not like about the black grill, everything else flowed and looked good, but the grill didn't match as well. In the online builder it looks better, as it also does in certain pictures of it that are online, all depending upon the angle and lighting.

It is all a little difficult without seeing them in person, because they do look better than they do in pictures. In all honesty, the headlights on the limited take time to fall in-love with, and I was moreso won over by the grill, that it made the headlights more okay, like a woman whom has a body part that makes up for another part of her not being that great.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
VectorZ post_id=138 time=1517546484 user_id=82 said:
Hear any rumors on when pricing will be released? It has to be soon right? Also, any update on the brake hold feature?
263a.png
To give you hard number for an idea of the price.

a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie, with the options I want is $51,700.

a 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat, with the options I would get is $55,650.

The F-150 has everything on it, with exception to the 12" Uconnect.Though the Ford has:blind spot monitoringadaptive cruise controlparking assistand all of the options I want to get for a 2019 Ram 1500Which areBed Utility groupLaramie Level 2Black bucket seatsSafety Group12" Uconnect5.7 Hemi6'4 bed33 gallon tank20" wheelspower running boardsRubber floor matsTrailer brake controlLimited Slip Rear

Being that Rams always cheaper, I am assuming that the 12" Uconnect will be an extra $750-$1,000Add, that Ram is always cheaper than Ford, I am comfortable that it will most likely be $55,000 if not $54,000

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
I forgot to add, the biggest improvement is the interior. My friend gave me a 2018 Ram 1500 Night edition to drive. I only drove it for part of the day, because it is so uncomfortable compared to a new truck. The only comparison I can make is when you get a new bed and you sleep like crap the first couple days getting use to it. Or the difference between the first day you wear a new paid of 9" boots, compared to a month later.

You feel different, maybe part of this is due to being so tall. But the steering wheel, you can pull close to you as if you are in a car. You feel as though you are more in the center of the steering wheel, the seats fit a great deal better, and it is hard to say, my best friend looked at me at one point, in Detroit and said, dude we've been sitting in here for over ten minutes, which wasn't odd because the two guys before us did as well.

The feel, and how much easier everything is to access, is incredible. If someone offered me a 2018 1500 Laramie for $15,000 but said I had to keep it for 2 years, I would turn them down. I was truly surprised at how much I hated driving the 2018 after sitting in the 2019.

The seats also can be sat lower. I could never order a sunroof in a 1500 because my head would hit the headliner, I like to sit up straight, but in the dual pane sunroof, I was able to lower the seats enough, I could fit more than my head above my head. My only issue with the inside is the fake swede they put in the seats, on the Laramie. It is going to attract dirt. Anyone else getting one, buy a car interior brush to brush them once a week.

Users who are viewing this thread