5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 build and price - minus the price

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
firecadet613 post_id=368 time=1518138278 user_id=92 said:
Nice...any ETA given?
Next Month.... a friend hasn't seen any in the rail cars yet.

If I were other persons, I would consider waiting until April to order one. The amount of mistakes made, when learning to build a new vehicle is high. I remember when I was first put on a line, and
2639.png
.... Luckily there were people to help bail me out. It is hard to screw up big time, but you will make a number of mistakes for a couple of weeks. Assembly line work is pretty idiot proof, but there still is enough room to make subtle mistakes, or if you are like some workers and cheat the safeties to get done quicker.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
So, horrible news for everyone. Looking up the 2019 Cherokee, which has numbers online.

19 Speaker Harmon Kardon System is a $1,095 options

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof $2,095 is the 2018 price on Jeep Cherokee, but in the 2019 it is $1,295. So who knows

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Good news though. Depending on your region - their should be $1,500 to $2,500 in rebates.

Though it is a new vehicle

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Jeep Active Safety Group

$1,495

Includes:Adaptive Cruise Control with StopAdvanced Brake AssistFull Speed Forward Collision Warning PlusLaneSense® Lane Departure Warning PlusParallel and Perpendicular Park AssistRain Sensitive Windshield Wipers

The Safety group for other Chrysler Vehicles FollowPacifica $995Cherokee $995300 $1,695

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Bed Utility Group

(By FCA individual numbers)

LED Light $145Spray Liner $495Bed Step $250

Laramie Level 1

Blind Spot Monitoring $595Auto High Beams and Wipers $545Parksense $445(other options in group apply little value)-since tailgate release is no different for how it releases-foam inserts come standard in 2018-tailgate ajar is a cheap sensor-seat recline, is little more than a latch added

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, it's not a definite but does give some sort of a guideline to go by on option pricing. Thanks for digging around!

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
I cannot say more than this, but 12" screen is a $1,395 option, but so far, this is the only number I cannot factually back up

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Other options

33 Gallon tank - $445Limited Slip - $435Rubber Mats - $125Trailer break - $295

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Interesting, it's not a definite but does give some sort of a guideline to go by on option pricing. Thanks for digging around!
Even looking through 2018s and the 2019 Cherokee. I am highly confused. Because I know its cheaper (at cost) to build 1,000 things compared to 500. Which making the keyless, push button start, rear defroster and others standard options. And making things in group does that. I am still confused as all else, on what the price is going to be.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
mrmachaveli post_id=402 time=1518314455 user_id=90 said:
Even looking through 2018s and the 2019 Cherokee. I am highly confused. Because I know its cheaper (at cost) to build 1,000 things compared to 500. Which making the keyless, push button start, rear defroster and others standard options. And making things in group does that. I am still confused as all else, on what the price is going to be.
Yeah at this point it's something I'm trying to stay away from until I absolutely know for sure. At that point I will have pricing posted right away, one thing I do feel confident in is saying that 1) They won't price themselves out of the market and 2) I don't think they will MSRP any higher than comparable trucks from other brands.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Yeah at this point it's something I'm trying to stay away from until I absolutely know for sure. At that point I will have pricing posted right away, one thing I do feel confident in is saying that 1) They won't price themselves out of the market and 2) I don't think they will MSRP any higher than comparable trucks from other brands.
From my researching. The prices per level will be the same, and only see an increase in the Longhorn and Limited, which is mostly due to the moving headlights, along with options in lower level - which are standard.

One thing it looks like, it could be cheaper for some people to order a higher level trim. As the 12" screen might be cheaper in a Longhorn than in a Laramie.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
What do you think about pricing themselves too close to Ford. The big draw for me years ago, was in 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton, Ram was often $4,000 less, with a few added options. Which I fear, Ram see's - oh, we have X grand we can raise the price and still be competitive, but it is no longer competitive with the standard RAMs used to.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
mrmachaveli post_id=405 time=1518314895 user_id=90 said:
What do you think about pricing themselves too close to Ford. The big draw for me years ago, was in 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton, Ram was often $4,000 less, with a few added options. Which I fear, Ram see's - oh, we have X grand we can raise the price and still be competitive, but it is no longer competitive with the standard RAMs used to.
This is a good question. This probably isn't the best place for me to say this but I have spent most of my life being a "Ford guy," although I have owned Mopars in the past and was very happy with all of them except one.

Now here's the thing, I bought a brand new truck in 2016 as a typical Ford guy I went straight to the Ford dealer and test drove an F150. I found during the drive that the rear end bounced like a pogo stick, the fit and finish wasn't too great and a good portion of the interior materials felt cheap. This was a Lariat crew cab with the sport package, sticker was $66k and change I believe (I'm in Canada).

I went over to the Ram dealer and test drove a loaded 2016 Ram Sport, it had everything that the F150 had and a few other things but obviously had a regular sunroof as opposed to the pano roof on the Ford and no blind spot monitoring which the Ford did have. I found a much nicer riding truck with a nicer interior (I know that is subjective), but it also had much nicer interior materials. Sticker was $64500 and I ended up purchasing it for 49500 with the incentives etc going on at the time.

At least up in Canada the sticker prices are already pretty close to the F150 as well, the Ram is the second best selling truck in Canada with the Silverado only selling 2/3rds as many as Ram sold last year up here. One of the reasons that I bought my Ram was the price difference, but the bigger reasons were the fact that I thought it was a much better riding, higher quality feeling truck. I guess what I'm saying long windedly is that even if they are close to Ford on MSRP if people feel like they are getting a better product they will ultimately still buy even if it isn't the "discount" truck anymore.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - the option pricing looks very similar to Ford (Bigger Fuel Tank, dual panel roof, blind spot monitoring, trailer brake controller). From the looks of it, with RAM you can pick and options better than Ford. I'll have to build out a truck and see how it compares price wise - but my money is on the RAM being cheaper than a similarly equipped F150.

I bought a new '14 and '16 F150. Test drove the RAM both times. Just didn't do it for me (I've had a few Mopars in the past and family retired from Chrysler). The axle hop the F150 had that you drove, easily fixed with new rear shocks - I hear Ford fixed it on the 18s.

That being said, price wise, I could have gotten a RAM with leather and auto climate control for the same price as my F150 with heated cloth seats, manual climate control and dual panel roof. F150 seemed to accelerate quicker off the line, had better crash test ratings and the bigger rear seat won it out for me. However, all bets are off when I buy later this year/early 2019.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
firecadet613 post_id=407 time=1518318410 user_id=92 said:
I bought a new '14 and '16 F150. Test drove the RAM both times. Just didn't do it for me. The axle hop the F150 had that you drove, easily fixed with new rear shocks - I hear Ford fixed it on the 18s.

That being said, price wise, I could have gotten a RAM with leather and auto climate control for the same price as my F150 with heated cloth seats, manual climate control and dual panel roof. F150 seemed to accelerate quicker off the line, had better crash test ratings and the bigger rear seat won it out for me.

Anyone know when RAM will release crash test data?
I've heard that about the shocks as well, I've been meaning to test drive an 18 F150. I wouldn't expect it to be too long to see crash test results on the 19's, I would expect top marks all around this time.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove an '18 Ram the other day - the 8 speed is smooth. A lot smoother than my 6 speed, granted I haven't driven a Ford with the 10 speed. If I bought another F150...I'd get the same truck I have now just a different color. Not sure I want to go that route again. Ford puts HUGE rebates on the XLTs, up to $6,000 at times. Lariat's max out at about $2,500. That $3,500 difference in rebates plus the increased MSRP haven't made a Lariat worth it to me....only makes the RAM that much more appealing!

AndrewGS

Reaction score
My Limited 4x4 with the following:

eTorque Hemi
Anti-Spin Differential
3.92 Axle Ratio
33-Gallon Fuel Tank
Trailer Tow Group
Level 1 Equipment Group
Protection Group
Body Color Bumper Group
Bed Utility Group
22"x9" Polished/Painted Wheels
Panoramic Sunroof

Granite Crystal over Black

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
I haven't steered any of you wrong yet. Pricing will be released March 16th. And as I have said from the beginning, about a week and a half after that, they trucks will be on sale. For a complex price. The base of the truck models will be reasonably prices, but as soon as you want to add something, (zuuooooppp) up goes the price. ie - Laramie no longer comes standard with rear heated seats, that's a more expensive group to add. Want LED bed-lighting, that's a group.

No mistakes, these trucks are nice. but they are going to get expensive, when you desire cool things.

Users who are viewing this thread