5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“2020” Price Negotiated From MSRP

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Have to let someone else reply to that.. .but Craig just takes a straight 8% below invoice approach, so you may not need to worry about incentives, except for icing on that cake. If he gives the same deal on the Rebel that he did on the Limited, I would start there... And if you are closer to him or don't mind shipping, perhaps just buy from him.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have to let someone else reply to that.. .but Craig just takes a straight 8% below invoice approach, so you may not need to worry about incentives, except for icing on that cake. If he gives the same deal on the Rebel that he did on the Limited, I would start there... And if you are closer to him or don't mind shipping, perhaps just buy from him.

8% of 70k is 5600.. where did all the rest come from?.. I’m in Long Island, NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
And yeah for that drive, I'd probably just buy from him and drive it home to NY from DC.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So is 8 percent off invoice the best they can do?..

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
As far as I know... that is plus any rebates that are live. If you can find a 2020 for even better, awesome!

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Right... 8% below invoice, which is the price you referenced... + TTL

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Just saw a Ram TV commercial stating they were giving 20% off MSRP on all in stock 1500’s. The current offers end tonight at midnight, so this 20% off may be the next sale that starts tomorrow.

MTaylor

Reaction score
I posted this in the other thread, but thought I'd post it here as well since I just bought a 2020.

Ram 1500 Rebel
MSRP - 61230
negotiated - 49000
Discount percentage - 19.975%
Trade-In - 5200
Cash 20000
Tax/License/Reg/Doc/Fees - 5450~
7 year / 100,000 Platinum warranty - 4000

Financing 33214.41 @ 4.3% for 84 months
Payment - 460

FYI, It was very difficult to get this negotiated price. It took hours of haggling and me walking out like 6 times for it to happen. I think the key was, I went at the end of the month, it was a bad sales day for them, they weren't hitting their numbers, I kept my cool and remained respectful and nice. I was willing to walk away.

At the end of the day, I caved a little as I wanted 7K for my trade-in, so if you include that $1800 difference, the discounted price was 17.03%

Hope this helps someone else.

In your ~20% discount ….assume that is comprised of actual negotiations, dealer discount and Mfg rebates? Still very good on a 2020, just want to make sure.

PedalMonk

Reaction score
In your ~20% discount ….assume that is comprised of actual negotiations, dealer discount and Mfg rebates? Still very good on a 2020, just want to make sure.
Yep, this included the $1500 rebates at the time, so the truck was written as 50500 on the paperwork.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Penny

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2020 Laramie night.

$64925 msrp
Paid $53000
18.36% off msrp

Dealer threw in mud flaps and the rubber floor liners.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Those are good incentives on the brand new to dealers lots 2020's... I heard/read RAM was going to continue incentives in an effort to solidify their #2 position in sales. Hope for everyone else's sakes that they do. Obviously incentives are regional but using the low-priced dealer as leverage with your local dealer(s) is a good strategy.

Just remember the hassle factor (long trip, your time, gas and tolls, perhaps an overnight stay, plane fare) of buying several states away, as well as the "gotcha" once they know you have flown out to their area and don't have a truck to drive back with yet. I'd think that would be passing the negotiation hand over to them. Emailed prices back and forth are, well, emailed prices. There's always the (trade-in details) F&I guy to get past. Just a caution! :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online