5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“2020” Price Negotiated From MSRP

Jim L

Reaction score
I think it is real good considering it is a 2020 but is this across the board or just that dealership?

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I think it is real good considering it is a 2020 but is this across the board or just that dealership?

Just that dealership that I know of. They have two dealerships in Maryland. I pulled their website up and they do have all their 2020’s marked way off. I don’t know anything about this dealership at all. I just reposted what the dealer had posted on another Thread. So I am not promoting them, just sharing information on deals when I see them as I am looking also.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I worked with Connor Cool at Criswell's Gaithersburg CJDR location when I bought my 2019 Limited. Easy to work with and pretty knowledgeable about the trucks.

-John

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We bought my wife a Jeep Cherokee from Koons recently and had a good experience. The processing fee was the same as listed. I believe the issue/question on the delivery fee is to whether they are double dipping with it, but based on how it looked on our invoice it appears they don't, or didn't for us at least. They do remove it to show a lower price, then add it back in, but they didn't add it twice.

I'll be going back when they get 2020's with diesels in.
That was exactly the issue in my case. They double-dipped it. After I pointed it out, the salesman emailed back and said I could get it discounted off, but I decided to just leave dealers who played games (hoping you'd miss it) alone and never went up. It's fine if you scrutinize every line and double check to make sure you are not getting hit with any extra costs, fees or "asterisks" on rebates. I had gotten a bad taste in my mouth over the whole thing so I didn't care what they were offering for savings. If you are happy with them then that's great. I can recommend Kernersville RAM in Kernersville NC, salesman (older guy been there 24 years) named David.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it odd that the RAM dealers in my area (Washington, D.C.) all seem to do this - adding the destination fee back in. The Ford dealers don't do it (at least not when I've been shopping for one).

That said, the dealers were all comparably-priced, and I got a decent deal for May 2019, so I don't really care what they do with the numbers so long as the OTD price is what I'm happy paying. They can discount the truck $40,000 off and then add in the destination 23.5 times and it doesn't really bother me.

-John

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it odd that the RAM dealers in my area (Washington, D.C.) all seem to do this - adding the destination fee back in. The Ford dealers don't do it (at least not when I've been shopping for one).

That said, the dealers were all comparably-priced, and I got a decent deal for May 2019, so I don't really care what they do with the numbers so long as the OTD price is what I'm happy paying. They can discount the truck $40,000 off and then add in the destination 23.5 times and it doesn't really bother me.

-John
If I had let my head rule over the emotions (of getting pissed off) I could have paid a bit less and had a 33 gallon tank and 3.92’s, plus (supposedly) a tonneau cover. However I’d have had a difficult time convincing my wife (who detests car buying) that the additional options were worth it. In the end its are you happy. Theres a poster who loves to fight the dealer for every nickel, and if that floats your boat, fine. Since it was a truck for her, I decided she was more important.

tpetty

Reaction score
I've gotten several local dealers offering around $1500 under invoice (plus rebates) for me ordering a 2020 Longhorn - that is about 2.5% under invoice. (plus any rebates.) Not bad - but I would sure like that 7-8% under invoice from Koons. However, I can't really justify the time & expense of flying 1/2 way across the country for an extra $2k. I'm still waiting on a quote from Laura Ram near St Louis, several members here report great prices there too, and that is only a couple hours away.

The local dealers offering me a couple % under invoice are NOT large volume guys - so that should be something ANY dealer can do for you.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I had asked Lara RAM outside of St Louis for a quote, they promptly gave me one and listed all costs. As they were still several thousand above the DC dealer, I asked if Lara would match. They said no, as they didnt believe the DC price was really going to happen (improper discounts and hidden fees). A least Lara appeared to be straight shooters.

SDVmnt

Reaction score
1568294978291.png

This is on a basically loaded 2020 Limited. I however hate chrome and am trying to find a Sport package Laramie with similar options.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I had asked Lara RAM outside of St Louis for a quote, they promptly gave me one and listed all costs. As they were still several thousand above the DC dealer, I asked if Lara would match. They said no, as they didnt believe the DC price was really going to happen (improper discounts and hidden fees). A least Lara appeared to be straight shooters.
The Koons pricing is legit, or at least it was when I got mine there last fall. They're a high volume dealer, so they tend to offer larger discounts than other dealerships.

RJS

Reaction score
View attachment 35607

This is on a basically loaded 2020 Limited. I however hate chrome and am trying to find a Sport package Laramie with similar options.

Exactly why I bought my 19 Laramie Sport. It stickered out about $60,900 with what I wanted. Local dealer found it 300 miles away a couple weeks back and traded for it. Rebates were higher, about $4700, and he gave me about $3600 more for my 14 Sport than anyone else I dealt with.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The Koons pricing is legit, or at least it was when I got mine there last fall. They're a high volume dealer, so they tend to offer larger discounts than other dealerships.
Thats great for you. :)
Maybe I just had a deeck of a salesperson. No matter, not likely to buy another new RAM in my lifetime.

Jim L

Reaction score
So I contacted Criswell ram after seeing a post about them and I sent them the order sheet I got from a local dealer that has ordered my 2020 ram Laramie quad but have yet to talk price and these folks sent me an interesting price back right awaySticker is 56420 and they took off 13% and then told me I get 4K in rebates for a total of 45K. That is tempting but they are on east coast and I am in Omaha. Going to consider this hard if my dealer here is not close to that price. I did not think rebates would be out on 2020’s just yet let alone 4K worth

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I contacted Criswell ram after seeing a post about them and I sent them the order sheet I got from a local dealer that has ordered my 2020 ram Laramie quad but have yet to talk price and these folks sent me an interesting price back right awaySticker is 56420 and they took off 13% and then told me I get 4K in rebates for a total of 45K. That is tempting but they are on east coast and I am in Omaha. Going to consider this hard if my dealer here is not close to that price. I did not think rebates would be out on 2020’s just yet let alone 4K worth
what rebates are they ?

Jim L

Reaction score
20CL1 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1
39CLB 2020 MY Military Bonus Consumer Cash 39CLB 20CLA1 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1
38CL7 Truck Owner Conquest Retail Bonus Cash 38CL7

DraKhen99

Reaction score

What salesperson did you deal with? It might've been me that mentioned them - that's where I bought my truck.

Most of the salespeople there are good and easy to work with, and they seem to know trucks more than most dealers I've been to.

-John

Jim L

Reaction score
What salesperson did you deal with? It might've been me that mentioned them - that's where I bought my truck.

Most of the salespeople there are good and easy to work with, and they seem to know trucks more than most dealers I've been to.

-John
Carl wilhelm

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
20CL1 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1
39CLB 2020 MY Military Bonus Consumer Cash 39CLB 20CLA1 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1
38CL7 Truck Owner Conquest Retail Bonus Cash 38CL7
I would think the military one would only apply to servicemembers and the conquest one would only apply to folks who have a non-Ram truck, so unless you fall into those two groups, it sounds like they're quoting all *available* incentives, not the ones you'd actually get.

Jim L

Reaction score
Yep I am retired Air Force and have a Chevy Silverado. He sent me rebates that I qualify for

Reaction score
My dealer ordered a truck for me yesterday and sent me the build sheet. Did you guys negotiate price before the order or afterwards? My dealer is saying we will meet once the order is confirmed. I made it clear I am not paying sticker and I plan on getting 5-10% off the invoice column on right side or I have no problem walking and then finding a 2020 on the lot. Just curious on some experiences here since I never ordered before. Thanks

My dealer did the same thing as yours. Until the vehicle shows up they couldn't do any incentive pricing since it can change month to month and the delivery estimate was up to 8 weeks. I didn't argue it because no dealer anywhere in Texas had the truck I wanted. They gave me a flat dollar discount that works out to roughly 8% off of MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread