5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“2020” Price Negotiated From MSRP

Jim L

Reaction score
Yeah I expect the same especially since the rebates I mentioned expire end of this month but hopefully more come out. I am hoping to get at least 10% off sticker when the truck arrives. Thanks

tpetty

Reaction score
I got about 11% off MSRP, plus whatever rebates are applicable, on ordering my 2020 Longhorn.

Unless they take it away, I will qualify for the $1000 conquest and I have $1000 penfed rebates, plus hopefully some black friday type rebates in November.

I will post again in 2 months - or whenever it arrives - regarding the total deal with rebates.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
So in looking at other Threads on here, I just ran across a 2020 order sheet from another poster beta379. His build sheet is for a Limited Ram. I also have a 2020 order sheet that I got within the last month. But I noticed a big difference between his and my order sheets and wanted to ask if anyone here can tell me why there is a difference in pricing. I thought all dealers paid the same for the trucks and options. There was only one difference in the numbers between the two order sheets (except some other options that were different between the two builds). Look at the “Limited Level 1 Equipment Group” Sales Code A69 on both sheets. Why is one higher than the other? I thought all dealers paid the same for the trucks and options. Koons in Washington DC gave me my quote (with hand writing on it) but I’m not sure where his came from. So does anyone know why there’s a difference when we are both starting at the same base MSRP on the same model truck? Thanks!!

Attachments

• B7954180-3E2B-4AE1-B5A3-D8B5C44F4D28.png
    B7954180-3E2B-4AE1-B5A3-D8B5C44F4D28.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 117
  • B07F369C-0663-42A3-A4E4-212C2F873BAB.png
    B07F369C-0663-42A3-A4E4-212C2F873BAB.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 116

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So in looking at other Threads on here, I just ran across a 2020 order sheet from another poster beta379. His build sheet is for a Limited Ram. I also have a 2020 order sheet that I got within the last month. But I noticed a big difference between his and my order sheets and wanted to ask if anyone here can tell me why there is a difference in pricing. I thought all dealers paid the same for the trucks and options. There was only one difference in the numbers between the two order sheets (except some other options that were different between the two builds). Look at the “Limited Level 1 Equipment Group” Sales Code A69 on both sheets. Why is one higher than the other? I thought all dealers paid the same for the trucks and options. Koons in Washington DC gave me my quote (with hand writing on it) but I’m not sure where his came from. So does anyone know why there’s a difference when we are both starting at the same base MSRP on the same model truck? Thanks!!
different color different price for one

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t mean to derail.. Guys that ordered a 2020... Was the Ecodeisel an option when ordering??. Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdn609

Reaction score
Per previous posts on this thread.. I Ordered last week from Craig out of Koons in Virginia... I’m at 16% off MSRP, with rebates / incentives off at pick up... planning on picking up Black Friday timeframe.. fingers crossed it ends up around 20% off ..

Attachments

• 3F17EE71-8509-4FF3-BCB2-2CACF34002F4.jpeg
    3F17EE71-8509-4FF3-BCB2-2CACF34002F4.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 158

ramtruck89

Reaction score

The black appearance package includes the Harman Kardon speakers that usually come in the limited level 1 equipment group, so the cost is shifted to that package.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
The black appearance package includes the Harman Kardon speakers that usually come in the limited level 1 equipment group, so the cost is shifted to that package.

Congratulations!! Let us know how your experience with Koons went once you pick up your truck and finalize the deal. Leaning on buying from them also. Did you have a trade in?

Brianziggy64

Reaction score

Ahhhhhh Ok..........that makes sense. Thanks!!!

tpetty

Reaction score
Seems like Koonz is hard to beat. The $800 processing fee is excessive - but even taking that into account, it's still about $2k better than I got locally (I got about $2k under invoice plus rebates). However, where you are must factor in. For me to get to the East coast (one way plane ticket, hotel stay, gas driving back - and most importantly - taking a day or 2 off work, from the midwest negates the extra $2k. If you are on the east coast, however, go for it!

Jdn609

Reaction score
Seems like Koonz is hard to beat. The $800 processing fee is excessive - but even taking that into account, it's still about $2k better than I got locally (I got about $2k under invoice plus rebates). However, where you are must factor in. For me to get to the East coast (one way plane ticket, hotel stay, gas driving back - and most importantly - taking a day or 2 off work, from the midwest negates the extra $2k. If you are on the east coast, however, go for it!
2hr drive... so far the rep has been very responsive and great to deal with... hope all goes well up through me driving away happy!! Fingers crossed.

PedalMonk

Reaction score
I posted this in the other thread, but thought I'd post it here as well since I just bought a 2020.

Ram 1500 Rebel
MSRP - 61230
negotiated - 49000
Discount percentage - 19.975%
Trade-In - 5200
Cash 20000
Tax/License/Reg/Doc/Fees - 5450~
7 year / 100,000 Platinum warranty - 4000

Financing 33214.41 @ 4.3% for 84 months
Payment - 460

FYI, It was very difficult to get this negotiated price. It took hours of haggling and me walking out like 6 times for it to happen. I think the key was, I went at the end of the month, it was a bad sales day for them, they weren't hitting their numbers, I kept my cool and remained respectful and nice. I was willing to walk away.

At the end of the day, I caved a little as I wanted 7K for my trade-in, so if you include that $1800 difference, the discounted price was 17.03%

Hope this helps someone else.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just was quoted for a 2020 Rebel Ecodeisel
bf053c80de446a3032f26522739f298a.jpeg

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
2020 Limited with Black Appearance package.
MSRP $70,270
Out the door + TTL $59,147

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
I need a deal like this! Did you factory order?

I did, so waiting on it now. You can get that deal, and even slightly better because any rebates that are live when you take delivery would also be included by Craig at Koons who advertises here, but I could not / would not mess with the logistics of getting that truck delivered, so I called around locally until someone mostly matched it. Took a few dealerships to get it done :)

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did, so waiting on it now. You can get that deal, and even slightly better because any rebates that are live when you take delivery would also be included by Craig at Koons who advertises here, but I could not / would not mess with the logistics of getting that truck delivered, so I called around locally until someone mostly matched it. Took a few dealerships to get it done :)

Nice!.. just starting to plan my attack now. I was told that the Rebel models usually don’t have any great incentives.. is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread