5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Vibration

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm basically at the same crossroads. Filed a claim with Ram Care and will speak to them again on Monday 11/16/20. Spoke with them on Friday 11/13/20 and basically gave them the rundown on my adventures thus far. Going to see what they propose, I'm 1 step away from claiming Lemon 🍋🍋 Law.
I finally got a dealer to stand behind me and helped tell ram enough is enough! But until that point ram was very resistant to give in! Good luck! I just want this truck to preform like any new car should, that’s all I was asking for over the last year. Mine now has 10,500 still has the wobble! At least I get to drive it while the 2021 is being built. It was ordered on November 3!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
So, just to catch up here. I sold my 2019 Laramie that had Bridgestone Duelers on 20" rims. Road forced balancing was the only thing that help improve the vibration, but it never was fully resolved. One of the several reasons I decided to sell it. I'm thinking about a new 2021 Limited that has the Goodyears on 22" rims. Anyone been able to confirm vibration issues on 2021 models yet? Also, what about the Limited 22's running Goodyear tires. I'm already worried that the 22's are going to ride rougher to begin with, but if I'm going to have to be concerned that the vibriation issues still exists on the 2021 models and/or those tires and rims, then I may end up not buying a new truck and look elseswhere.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
So, just to catch up here. I sold my 2019 Laramie that had Bridgestone Duelers on 20" rims. Road forced balancing was the only thing that help improve the vibration, but it never was fully resolved. One of the several reasons I decided to sell it. I'm thinking about a new 2021 Limited that has the Goodyears on 22" rims. Anyone been able to confirm vibration issues on 2021 models yet? Also, what about the Limited 22's running Goodyear tires. I'm already worried that the 22's are going to ride rougher to begin with, but if I'm going to have to be concerned that the vibriation issues still exists on the 2021 models and/or those tires and rims, then I may end up not buying a new truck and look elseswhere.
I believe the vibration issues go back to the previous generation 1500. I have not heard of any progress for the 2021. I would look elsewhere or plan on getting your own wheels and tires.

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
I finally got a dealer to stand behind me and helped tell ram enough is enough! But until that point ram was very resistant to give in! Good luck! I just want this truck to preform like any new car should, that’s all I was asking for over the last year. Mine now has 10,500 still has the wobble! At least I get to drive it while the 2021 is being built. It was ordered on November 3!
Update! Had an appointment with the lift shop today and the Shop Foreman with 23 year's experience rode with me and quickly identified my concern. He said it's the valving in the shocks coupled with the spring rate. Found my Rough Country Vertex reservoir shock's preset at 140psi and adjusted them down to 90psi. Said he was able to calm down the jitter but it's still not dialed in. FYI I had this same issue with the factory shocks... chasing the rabbit down the hole! He's going to get with Rough Country to see if they can come up with a fix for properly valving them. My truck had the off-road package with the Falken AT3's 20's. Now rolling on 22x10 RAM replica wheels on TOYO 35/12.50R22 AT3's. Finger's crossed and I'll continue to update as I attempt to catch the rabbit.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 Ram Laramie sport in 2019. It came with Bridgestone's. Had a slight vibration in it to the point it felt like a tire was slightly out of balance since the day I drove it home when it came in. Was worse around 63 to 70 Mph one dealer I bought it from told me it was fine they saw no issue or felt no issues!.....Then once on freeways up around 80 to 85 is would have slight vibration a little worse like out of balance. Went to another dealer where I had bought a new Scat Pack Charger in 2018 with that Dealer having the Truck forced balance done two different times reduced the vibration but never totally went away. I just got really tired of it and bought 4 new Michelin tires for the truck. As they were mounting my new tires guy came out said how many miles you have on your truck? I said 26000 he said wow you have a bent rim that has a bunch of wheel weights on it and still out of balance before he removed the weights!. He had me come back and look at the rim on the balance spinning with no tire on it at high speed. I told him it had been like that since new! He said they will say you did it! I bought 4 after market rims put 4 new Michelins on the new rims and truck is very smooth like should have been when I bought it! Cannot believe Ram truck 60 Grand came with a BENT RIM! It sure is nice now! Just wanted to pass it along to all others.

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 22

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 Ram Laramie sport in 2019. It came with Bridgestone's. Had a slight vibration in it to the point it felt like a tire was slightly out of balance since the day I drove it home when it came in. Was worse around 63 to 70 Mph one dealer I bought it from told me it was fine they saw no issue or felt no issues!.....Then once on freeways up around 80 to 85 is would have slight vibration a little worse like out of balance. Went to another dealer where I had bought a new Scat Pack Charger in 2018 with that Dealer having the Truck forced balance done two different times reduced the vibration but never totally went away. I just got really tired of it and bought 4 new Michelin tires for the truck. As they were mounting my new tires guy came out said how many miles you have on your truck? I said 26000 he said wow you have a bent rim that has a bunch of wheel weights on it and still out of balance before he removed the weights!. He had me come back and look at the rim on the balance spinning with no tire on it at high speed. I told him it had been like that since new! He said they will say you did it! I bought 4 after market rims put 4 new Michelins on the new rims and truck is very smooth like should have been when I bought it! Cannot believe Ram truck 60 Grand came with a BENT RIM! It sure is nice now! Just wanted to pass it along to all others.
Oh my, this is almost my story exactly. However mine has been balanced 7 times in 8000 miles it’s never been off road. They are buying mine back after, new rack and pinion, new front axles. I’ve had the run around with ram and 3 dealers. Even a dealer who said there was nothing wrong. I’ve had 20 vehicles in my life and even drove vehicles to different car lots to help a friend out and not one has driven as poorly as this truck! Truck now has 10,500 it’s out of balance again and tires are all wearing funny on the edges. After ram sends me to the local tire shop as they tell me all 4 tires are bad and they are not replacing them. The local tire shop told me this truck will never hold balance as 2 wheels are severely warped and the other 2 are not much better. What bothers me the most is that whoever is balancing these trucks at the factory has to know this is not right. They would see the wobble like my local tire shop showed me. Quality control must suck at the ram factory! I was also told my wheels had more weights on them then they should ever have. Anyway I ordered a new 2021 with different rims. I love the truck, just not this problem. I hope the new one is problem free🤞Good luck with yours!

Reaction score
Heading to my 3rd visit to the dealer on this vibration issue. A $70k truck and they can’t fix a vibration issue. I’m to the point where I don’t want to drive my truck on the highway, I can’t drive it in the highway without bad vibration. The truck looks nice but scrambles eggs above 70MPH. It vibrates so bad now I think it’s making other things goes bad (alignment, balancing, suspension, etc.).

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Heading to my 3rd visit to the dealer on this vibration issue. A $70k truck and they can’t fix a vibration issue. I’m to the point where I don’t want to drive my truck on the highway, I can’t drive it in the highway without bad vibration. The truck looks nice but scrambles eggs above 70MPH. It vibrates so bad now I think it’s making other things goes bad (alignment, balancing, suspension, etc.).
Frustrating. Before I got my truck fixed (by replacing wheels and tires) I too dreaded highway trips. The vibration was hard for me to ignore.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My thoughts were exactly the same! I hope the 2021 that I am having built does not have this issue! What year, miles and rims does your truck have? Good luck and don’t back down. I finally got ram to buy mine back after a year of hell!

Dennis Baker

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I just purchased a 2018 Ram 1500 with 16,000 miles. The test drive was smooth but, didn't get it on the highway, the hour drive home wasn't bad either. I noticed that the Wrangler SRA's had unusual wear so I replaced with 4 new Kuhmo's which look like the Michelin's and that's when the vibration started being noticed. I bought the tires at Discount Tires, took them to another location and they said that the tires were not balanced, vibration was still there. thook it to another location and they said two tires were out of round, they replaced the tires but, vibration is still there. replaced with michelin's...vibration still there. Took truck to dealership, they said tires were not balanced (BTW every time these tires were balanced they wee road forced) Dealership road forced all 4 but. said there were two which were still in the yellow, had Discount Tire replace two Michelin's in question but, truck still drives exactly the same today as when I started, now I am out an additional $400 for these Michelin's. Like all the rest, the vibration is in my legs, the seat and console at highway speeds. The truck goes back to the dealer Friday, they seemed to be pretty cool to begin with but, service advisor has not returned my wife's texts or calls in two days and he was the one that reached out to my wife first to see if the truck was fixed after it left their dealership the first time. I would also like to note that a 2 year old truck also went in for a back up camera which only worked when it wanted to, a clock on the 8.5" screen that doesn't keep time and a steering wheel heater which already stopped working. They fixed it but, not what I expected for my first Ram. Two friends just bought new trucks, one a Ford and one a Chevy both Crew Cabs like mine, both of theirs have performed flawlessly and ride very smooth. This Sucks ! First time I've had a payment in 20 years and have to deal with this crap !

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I just purchased a 2018 Ram 1500 with 16,000 miles. The test drive was smooth but, didn't get it on the highway, the hour drive home wasn't bad either. I noticed that the Wrangler SRA's had unusual wear so I replaced with 4 new Kuhmo's which look like the Michelin's and that's when the vibration started being noticed. I bought the tires at Discount Tires, took them to another location and they said that the tires were not balanced, vibration was still there. thook it to another location and they said two tires were out of round, they replaced the tires but, vibration is still there. replaced with michelin's...vibration still there. Took truck to dealership, they said tires were not balanced (BTW every time these tires were balanced they wee road forced) Dealership road forced all 4 but. said there were two which were still in the yellow, had Discount Tire replace two Michelin's in question but, truck still drives exactly the same today as when I started, now I am out an additional $400 for these Michelin's. Like all the rest, the vibration is in my legs, the seat and console at highway speeds. The truck goes back to the dealer Friday, they seemed to be pretty cool to begin with but, service advisor has not returned my wife's texts or calls in two days and he was the one that reached out to my wife first to see if the truck was fixed after it left their dealership the first time. I would also like to note that a 2 year old truck also went in for a back up camera which only worked when it wanted to, a clock on the 8.5" screen that doesn't keep time and a steering wheel heater which already stopped working. They fixed it but, not what I expected for my first Ram. Two friends just bought new trucks, one a Ford and one a Chevy both Crew Cabs like mine, both of theirs have performed flawlessly and ride very smooth. This Sucks ! First time I've had a payment in 20 years and have to deal with this crap !
I really hope my replacement truck is vibration free! I have a 8 page narrative typed up that I was going to give to my lemon law lawyer if they made it go that far! Also I think ram knows they have a problem and either they really don’t know how to fix it or it would cost millions to recall ram trucks since 2018. They put several new parts in mine, all just guessing that would fix it. I really think mine is just the rims at this point? Good luck and sorry it sucks, I fought it for over a year!

Sfoster0717

Reaction score
Figured out what to do after a bad seam sealed weld leaking water in the front driverside of the cab, after a leaking rear window letting water run into the cab, the radio freezing a ridiculous amount of times, radio produces no music at all on multiple occasions, bad coil pack, vibration while driving certain speeds, banging in rear of truck. So I I sealed both leaks myself after the dealer magically couldnt find them, bought a hellwig sway bar and end links to fix the bang in the rear, still dealing with the radio issue, bought 6 brand new rims and tires along with all four new bilstien shocks, 3 different alignments and a dozen times at the tire shop checking with road force balancer still dealing with truck shaking, Tried lifting it then purchased 35'' cooper tires with 18'' fuel wheels and still have the vibration, truck does not sit at all so no flat spots in tires, I shut the MDS off everytime i put the truck in drive by pushing the tow haul button and or the gear selector trick, Truck has 30k on it has done the vibration since about 5000 miles cold or hot doesnt matter. Trade your POS in and buy something else, its ashame I loved this truck but WOW does it have issues. Ohh yeah and I tried the cold air intake and a tune as well just for the hell of it as one memeber said it got rid of his vibration I knew it wouldnt but figured it would be fun to see how the truck runs. Might as well buy a daewoo at least they were buy one get one free so you have a spare car when the turd is in the shop. I switched from driving fords for the past 18 years to this I may have had some issues with ford but nothing they couldnt fix. and not nearly as many problems with one truck

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh my, this is almost my story exactly. However mine has been balanced 7 times in 8000 miles it’s never been off road. They are buying mine back after, new rack and pinion, new front axles. I’ve had the run around with ram and 3 dealers. Even a dealer who said there was nothing wrong. I’ve had 20 vehicles in my life and even drove vehicles to different car lots to help a friend out and not one has driven as poorly as this truck! Truck now has 10,500 it’s out of balance again and tires are all wearing funny on the edges. After ram sends me to the local tire shop as they tell me all 4 tires are bad and they are not replacing them. The local tire shop told me this truck will never hold balance as 2 wheels are severely warped and the other 2 are not much better. What bothers me the most is that whoever is balancing these trucks at the factory has to know this is not right. They would see the wobble like my local tire shop showed me. Quality control must suck at the ram factory! I was also told my wheels had more weights on them then they should ever have. Anyway I ordered a new 2021 with different rims. I love the truck, just not this problem. I hope the new one is problem free🤞Good luck with yours!
Sure hate to hear you had all those issues ): Have owned many new Rams and did in fact have one bought back and replaced and was treated very well by FCA so I cannot complain. The bent Rim on mine was a rear bent rim on passenger side not sure if was bent when I got the truck but really with all the pot holes we have it may not have been. It seems when I first got it there was no issues until a short time later. It runs great now no issues after replacing the bent rim. Truck has no other issues what so ever in 28000 plus miles. Really like and enjoy the truck. Sounds like your new one will do very well and hope it does for you! Keep us posted. By the way I really like the new rims too I put on...here is what they look like....

Attachments

• New Moto Metal Wheels 1120.jpg
    New Moto Metal Wheels 1120.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 18

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
Figured out what to do after a bad seam sealed weld leaking water in the front driverside of the cab, after a leaking rear window letting water run into the cab, the radio freezing a ridiculous amount of times, radio produces no music at all on multiple occasions, bad coil pack, vibration while driving certain speeds, banging in rear of truck. So I I sealed both leaks myself after the dealer magically couldnt find them, bought a hellwig sway bar and end links to fix the bang in the rear, still dealing with the radio issue, bought 6 brand new rims and tires along with all four new bilstien shocks, 3 different alignments and a dozen times at the tire shop checking with road force balancer still dealing with truck shaking, Tried lifting it then purchased 35'' cooper tires with 18'' fuel wheels and still have the vibration, truck does not sit at all so no flat spots in tires, I shut the MDS off everytime i put the truck in drive by pushing the tow haul button and or the gear selector trick, Truck has 30k on it has done the vibration since about 5000 miles cold or hot doesnt matter. Trade your POS in and buy something else, its ashame I loved this truck but WOW does it have issues. Ohh yeah and I tried the cold air intake and a tune as well just for the hell of it as one memeber said it got rid of his vibration I knew it wouldnt but figured it would be fun to see how the truck runs. Might as well buy a daewoo at least they were buy one get one free so you have a spare car when the turd is in the shop. I switched from driving fords for the past 18 years to this I may have had some issues with ford but nothing they couldnt fix. and not nearly as many problems with one truck
It's really disheartening to hear your story as mine is not as many issues, but much of the same. I haven't traded mine in yet because I know they're similar issues with Ford and GM trucks, if you read enough. Problem is with all 3 of these brand's it is not on every truck and it's very hit or miss. In my opinion these automakers should know the issues right away and make good on the flaw's by simply replacing the vehicle. It's a crying shame that you have to live through all of the sleepless nights and stress while still having to fight for a resolution. I'm trying 1 more dealership and if it doesn't get fixed I am going to file 🍋 Law against FCA. RAM Care Specialist acts like they don't know anything about this... C'mon!🍋🍋🍋🍋

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I really hope my replacement truck is vibration free! I have a 8 page narrative typed up that I was going to give to my lemon law lawyer if they made it go that far! Also I think ram knows they have a problem and either they really don’t know how to fix it or it would cost millions to recall ram trucks since 2018. They put several new parts in mine, all just guessing that would fix it. I really think mine is just the rims at this point? Good luck and sorry it sucks, I fought it for over a year!
Hello everyone. I am deeply sorry to hear about this vibration you are experiencing, and can certainly understand how it may be concerning. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this concern with your dealer. We are more than willing to get a case escalated on your behalf to a customer care specialist for additional assistance in having this resolved.

Kathryn
RamCares

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's really disheartening to hear your story as mine is not as many issues, but much of the same. I haven't traded mine in yet because I know they're similar issues with Ford and GM trucks, if you read enough. Problem is with all 3 of these brand's it is not on every truck and it's very hit or miss. In my opinion these automakers should know the issues right away and make good on the flaw's by simply replacing the vehicle. It's a crying shame that you have to live through all of the sleepless nights and stress while still having to fight for a resolution. I'm trying 1 more dealership and if it doesn't get fixed I am going to file 🍋 Law against FCA. RAM Care Specialist acts like they don't know anything about this... C'mon!🍋🍋🍋🍋
My thoughts exactly. And yes with all my conversations with ram, they’ve acted like no one else has had the same issues as me. But I know better as I’ve read several story’s that are identical to mine and yes it is very sad! Good luck!

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am deeply sorry to hear about this vibration you are experiencing, and can certainly understand how it may be concerning. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this concern with your dealer. We are more than willing to get a case escalated on your behalf to a customer care specialist for additional assistance in having this resolved.

Kathryn
RamCares
Well I'm not sure how to PM you but I have found new evidence in my case which I'm going to try. More money down the rabbit hole. This seems to be the fix in my case. Screenshot_20201130-123015_DuckDuckGo.jpg

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. And yes with all my conversations with ram, they’ve acted like no one else has had the same issues as me. But I know better as I’ve read several story’s that are identical to mine and yes it is very sad! Good luck!
Screenshot_20201130-123015_DuckDuckGo.jpg
This appears to be my fix.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure how to PM you but I have found new evidence in my case which I'm going to try. More money down the rabbit hole. This seems to be the fix in my case. View attachment 75282
We are happy to hear that this has been resolved, Brandon. For future concerns, we can be reached by sending us a private message from our profile directly here on the forum. Please know that our support is available to you when facing any vehicle concern alongside a dealer service.

Kathryn
RamCares

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
We are happy to hear that this has been resolved, Brandon. For future concerns, we can be reached by sending us a private message from our profile directly here on the forum. Please know that our support is available to you when facing any vehicle concern alongside a dealer service.

Kathryn
RamCares
Hasn't been resolved Kathryn. Just got my driveshaft back from the driveline shop and the driveshaft was out of balance...cost me $120.00...what is FCA going to do to reimburse me? Still don't know if this is the fix either.

Users who are viewing this thread