5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Vibration

Brain h

Reaction score
I've given up and just accepted the vibration ram is clueless or just dosnt care on fixing the vibration issue
They're not going to fix it.
I've already been through the lemon law process on mine and won the case (monetary damages were awarded, kept the vehicle) the dealers have been told not to admit the fault..they're job is to push you out as far as they can until your warranty is out. I will be trading mine in come this November. Same issue as you..3 dealers, 3 sets of tires,two sets of wheels, road force balance and rotated 8 times, with the last visit to my local dealer the vehicle sat there for 32 days consecutively and after pick up they refused other warranty work on the vehicle....i will never have another fca product and I vehemently tell others to avoid them at all cost.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've already been through the lemon law process on mine and won the case (monetary damages were awarded, kept the vehicle) the dealers have been told not to admit the fault..they're job is to push you out as far as they can until your warranty is out. I will be trading mine in come this November. Same issue as you..3 dealers, 3 sets of tires,two sets of wheels, road force balance and rotated 8 times, with the last visit to my local dealer the vehicle sat there for 32 days consecutively and after pick up they refused other warranty work on the vehicle....i will never have another fca product and I vehemently tell others to avoid them at all cost.

You think similar doesn't happen with other brands? GM still has issues with the LS7/LS3 and LS9 dropping valves and destroying engines in less than 15-20k miles. Ford has issues with the 5.0. Both have death wobble issues in their trucks that have yet to be addressed.

BowDown

Reaction score
I’ve had like 20 vehicles with same driving habits and never seen tire wear even close to this, even after 40,000 miles. The first few thousand miles I drove it like a old man!

Have you tried swapping wheels and tires with someone that doesn't have issues to eliminate that as a source?
My truck drives as smooth as glass thus far up to 90mph. Vibrations are only going to come from a few places, wheels, tires, wheels and tires and driveline (drive shaft).
If you're feeling it towards the rear of the truck, I'd guess wheels and tires, shocks, possibly a brake rotor. The driveline/driveshaft nor the torque converter, as someone else mentioned, IS NOT going to cause tire wear. Tire wear is going to be caused by alignment, shocks or a problem with wheels and tires

Brain h

Reaction score
You think similar doesn't happen with other brands? GM still has issues with the LS7/LS3 and LS9 dropping valves and destroying engines in less than 15-20k miles. Ford has issues with the 5.0. Both have death wobble issues in their trucks that have yet to be addressed.
Never said it didn't happen with other brands.
All I know is I spent 65 grand on a truck that the dealer will not warranty and I cant go over 70mph for fear of it coming apart.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I know is I spent 65 grand on a truck that the dealer will not warranty and I cant go over 70mph for fear of it coming apart.
Same here, I’m told nothing wrong, just drive it, as the tires are chewing up!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree others have problems too. All I want is it fixed and to drive like a new 63,000$ truck should drive!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried swapping wheels and tires with someone that doesn't have issues to eliminate that as a source?
My truck drives as smooth as glass thus far up to 90mph. Vibrations are only going to come from a few places, wheels, tires, wheels and tires and driveline (drive shaft).
If you're feeling it towards the rear of the truck, I'd guess wheels and tires, shocks, possibly a brake rotor. The driveline/driveshaft nor the torque converter, as someone else mentioned, IS NOT going to cause tire wear. Tire wear is going to be caused by alignment, shocks or a problem with wheels and tires
They swapped them, before the rack and pinion was replace but swapped them back when they said rack and pinion was my issue

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They swapped them, before the rack and pinion was replace but swapped them back when they said rack and pinion was my issue
Pics of the 4 tires now, with 7500 miles, balanced 5 times, rotated, alignment done, new rack and pinion! I’m told this is normal wear for a new truck 983A8BF4-22B1-4270-ACDD-67E744D63121.jpeg 41691EBF-C425-49B0-94F7-8E5FF2ADA0EE.jpeg 983A8BF4-22B1-4270-ACDD-67E744D63121.jpeg 16CBAAD1-7345-481A-B053-4BACEA9F113A.jpeg
Holeee chit.... that is pretty amazing. There must have been some other problems with the first truck, like major liability problems they want to sweep under the carpet
Mines going in for trip 7 the 3 different dealers now. The first two told me no more they can do for me. Balance tires every time, replaced rack and pinion, tires are worn. Still has a vibration. 6000 miles is all it has on it!
Something is wrong with the truck causing this!

BowDown

Reaction score

No but your comment suggests you think that. "I'll never buy another FCA product"

BowDown

Reaction score
Pics of the 4 tires now, with 7500 miles, balanced 5 times, rotated, alignment done, new rack and pinion! I’m told this is normal wear for a new truck View attachment 63789 View attachment 63790 View attachment 63789 View attachment 63791

Something is wrong with the truck causing this!

How does this truck drive, any vibration in the steering wheel, does it pull to the left or the right if you let go of the steering wheel?
Have you seen the current alignment specs vs factory?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does this truck drive, any vibration in the steering wheel, does it pull to the left or the right if you let go of the steering wheel?
Have you seen the current alignment specs vs factory?
Vibration on smooth surfaces over 55 mph. Dealer tells me nothing wrong with it. Vibration is more in the seat, pedals and whole truck, not so much the wheel, but I can feel it in the wheel sometimes too.

Brain h

Reaction score
No but your comment suggests you think that. "I'll never buy another FCA product"
I didnt just suggest it..i said it plain as day.
And I will say it again I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FCA PRODUCT.
not only was the vehicle defective i was denied service on a brand new vehicle under warranty at multiple dealerships with owners unwilling to at least try to diagnose my issue of which one was a tail light that was out..all it needed was a bulb.
On another occasion I had the brake squeal that multiple people have had and was refused a ride along to prove it. I have had the worst experience in my entire life owning and driving this vehicle that I paid 63 thousand dollars for. To me my experience is completely unacceptable, if you have had a good experience with your vehicle then great..good for you..im happy for you, but for myself and many,many,many, others our experience has been shameful to say the least. And im am positive those others will back me up on this.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
not only was the vehicle defective i was denied service on a brand new vehicle under warranty at multiple dealerships with owners unwilling to at least try to diagnose my issue of which one was a tail light that was out..all it needed was a bulb.
On another occasion I had the brake squeal that multiple people have had and was refused a ride along to prove it. I have had the worst experience in my entire life owning and driving this vehicle that I paid 63 thousand dollars for. To me my experience is completely unacceptable, if you have had a good experience with your vehicle then great..good for you..im happy for you, but for myself and many,many,many, others our experience has been shameful to say the least. And im am positive those others will back me up on this.
Possibly more frustrating than the vibration issue is the poor service at FCA dealerships. I've been to multiple to try and address my issue and I have really gotten the impression that their service strategy is to ignore problems under warranty. I'm not brand loyal when I buy a car, truck or motorcycle but in my experience, FCA service has been second rate compared to the average service experience at other manufacturers.

American cars and trucks really stepped up their quality after 2008 but FCA service departments feel like they are stuck in the past. This would be fine if the vehicles were priced like pre-2008 American vehicles were. If FCA wants to charge a premium price I think it's fair to expect average service from them.

Brain h

Reaction score
Possibly more frustrating than the vibration issue is the poor service at FCA dealerships. I've been to multiple to try and address my issue and I have really gotten the impression that their service strategy is to ignore problems under warranty. I'm not brand loyal when I buy a car, truck or motorcycle but in my experience, FCA service has been second rate compared to the average service experience at other manufacturers.

American cars and trucks really stepped up their quality after 2008 but FCA service departments feel like they are stuck in the past. This would be fine if the vehicles were priced like pre-2008 American vehicles were. If FCA wants to charge a premium price I think it's fair to expect average service from them.
Exactly.

BowDown

Reaction score
Vibration on smooth surfaces over 55 mph. Dealer tells me nothing wrong with it. Vibration is more in the seat, pedals and whole truck, not so much the wheel, but I can feel it in the wheel sometimes too.

Can you "hear" the vibration? A drive line vibration will have a low bass-y hum/drone to it

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I just drop it off and say let me know when it’s fixed, but they refuse to acknowledge there is a issue. I’ve even said do your tires look like that on your car. Response, we’re talking about your truck not mine. Or would you want to drive a new truck with tires like this. Then I get it’s normal wear!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you "hear" the vibration? A drive line vibration will have a low bass-y hum/drone to it
Haven’t really heard any that I know of. I asked if it could be drive line and was told no. If it was that it would vibrate you out of your seat.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
The GMC family (Silverado and Sierra) have the same issues. Vibrations at 60+. Blamed on the aluminum driveshaft.
So, it isn't specific to Ram (perhaps a different "feel" of vibration, but its there". Some Ford F150's exhibit it as well.
Never noticed it in a TITAN, Should have keep the truck, but needed money during an emergency.

Users who are viewing this thread