5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Vibration

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haven’t really heard any that I know of. I asked if it could be drive line and was told no. If it was that it would vibrate you out of your seat.

A out of balance drive shaft certainly could, also a drive shaft with a failing u joint. Drive it and turn everything off, listen for a low (frequency) hum that increases as speed increases. It'll almost offroad tires but a much lower bassier tone.
that would not explain your tire wear though, and it's possible you have two separate issues going on. If you didn't drop the truck with new wheels and tires, I would question if they did it.

Last edited:

Windy day

Reaction score
I am amazed at how many posts are on here for this. I bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with the same issue. Tire were balanced 8 times in first month. Most surprising aspect of this thread are the comments made by someone from RamCare. I was in touch with RamCare the entire time I was having the issues. After 8 balances, I my RamCare rep told me that tires were not covered and I would have to purchase my own replacements. I told him that this was not a maintenance issue and the tires that came with my $70k truck were defective. He was adament that this is not Rams issue. Finally, the dealership stepped up to replace the tires, but the problem remains. This is my last Ram after the way RamCare treated me. The irony is that my truck is used as a support vehicle for 5 classic mopars I take on the Hot Rod Power Tour each year. You bet I will be happy to share this story when people ask why I drive a Ford or GM to support a fleet of Mopars. Love the truck other than the vibration, but WILL NOT support a company that treats people like this any more.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many posts are on here for this. I bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with the same issue. Tire were balanced 8 times in first month. Most surprising aspect of this thread are the comments made by someone from RamCare. I was in touch with RamCare the entire time I was having the issues. After 8 balances, I my RamCare rep told me that tires were not covered and I would have to purchase my own replacements. I told him that this was not a maintenance issue and the tires that came with my $70k truck were defective. He was adament that this is not Rams issue. Finally, the dealership stepped up to replace the tires, but the problem remains. This is my last Ram after the way RamCare treated me. The irony is that my truck is used as a support vehicle for 5 classic mopars I take on the Hot Rod Power Tour each year. You bet I will be happy to share this story when people ask why I drive a Ford or GM to support a fleet of Mopars. Love the truck other than the vibration, but WILL NOT support a company that treats people like this any more.
My issue is the exact same. I do love the truck, but I hate this problem and no one cares. The reason ram don’t want to put new tires on these trucks is because they already know tires are not the issue! I will never buy this junk again and I’m already telling everyone and anyone to stay away from ram. Buy anything but these ram trucks.

skippy_versys

Reaction score
I purchased new 2019 Ram 1500 classic w/ steel wheels. Have vibration issues. Wheels and tires swapped with identical wheels/tires from another truck. Issue remains. Went to dealer, etc. etc. Dealers pointed to tires. Contacted Goodyear. Goodyear sent me to Just Tires. Just Tires said they are very familiar with Ram vibration issues; in most cases wheels were warped. They threw my tires on balancer. Not 1 or 2 wheels warped. All 4 steel wheels warped. They allowed me to look at wheels on balancer 1st hand. It was glaringly obvious when put on balancer with stationary object next to tire (reference point. Easy to spot). All 4 wheels wobbling. 2 wobbling so bad as if on clown car. This was 2nd set (wheels/tires) doing same thing. Currently working with Ram Care and Dealer. Truck has under 1000 miles on it. Purchased 8/31/20

Side note: Was informed balancing warped wheels will not work.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
I might this as its similar.

Brother looked at a 2019 Tradesman at local dealer. Truck had steel wheels.

18.0–Inch x 7.5–Inch Steel Wheels and 275/65R18 BSW All–Season Tires.

Tires were slightly out of balance and had some round spots. Tires were forced road balanced.

Some of the vibration went away, but was still present.

Wasn't going to buy truck like this. They wanted to warranty the tires out for new ones, but they didn't have any of the similar tires in stock, and we didn't want to make another trip to this dealer 1.5 hours away.

Dealer puts a new set of tires and wheels OFF A '20 REBEL on this truck. Rode PERFECT (aside from the noisy tires - - Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs)

New tires and Wheels = LT275/70R18E OWL AT Tires and 18X8.0 Painted Black Wheels.

This just goes to show a complete set of NEW TIRES and Completely different WHEELS fixed this truck's vibration problem completely. Sometimes its NOT the tires, but rarely are the wheels blamed.

Probably a combination of BOTH here. Mr brother brought the truck, and the dealer ate the loss on the wheels.

OP, are you using "wheels" and "tires" interchangeably? Just askin'?

I purchased new 2019 Ram 1500 classic w/ steel wheels. Have vibration issues. Wheels and tires swapped with identical wheels/tires from another truck. Issue remains. Went to dealer, etc. etc. Dealers pointed to tires. Contacted Goodyear. Goodyear sent me to Just Tires. Just Tires said they are very familiar with Ram vibration issues; in most cases wheels were warped. They threw my tires on balancer. Not 1 or 2 wheels warped. All 4 steel wheels warped. They allowed me to look at wheels on balancer 1st hand. It was glaringly obvious when put on balancer with stationary object next to tire (reference point. Easy to spot). All 4 wheels wobbling. 2 wobbling so bad as if on clown car. This was 2nd set (wheels/tires) doing same thing. Currently working with Ram Care and Dealer. Truck has under 1000 miles on it. Purchased 8/31/20

Windy day

Reaction score
Quick update from my sept post. I took my 2020 Ram Limited Diesel to dealership again and did a ride with service manager. He agreed that he felt the wobble, but has no idea what to do at this point. They balanced tires 8 times in first month, then replaced tires- but problem persists. Dealership kept truck for 3 days to go thru everything. They did a NVH test and confirmed that there is a vibration/resonanc, but told me that it was within the manufacturer guidelines. I have owned trucks my entire life and can‘t accept that the most luxurious and most expensive truck I ever owned is the worst riding. I contacted RamCare again and updated them on this. They opened a case and I am awaiting their response. Should know something within 48 hours. If they can‘t fix it, I will begin the Lemon Law process.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick update from my sept post. I took my 2020 Ram Limited Diesel to dealership again and did a ride with service manager. He agreed that he felt the wobble, but has no idea what to do at this point. They balanced tires 8 times in first month, then replaced tires- but problem persists. Dealership kept truck for 3 days to go thru everything. They did a NVH test and confirmed that there is a vibration/resonanc, but told me that it was within the manufacturer guidelines. I have owned trucks my entire life and can‘t accept that the most luxurious and most expensive truck I ever owned is the worst riding. I contacted RamCare again and updated them on this. They opened a case and I am awaiting their response. Should know something within 48 hours. If they can‘t fix it, I will begin the Lemon Law process.
Same issue here, I told the dealer last week they can give me my money back or give me a new truck. They tell me they need a few days to review my case. I said whatever you had 7 chances to fix it and it’s still not fixed. Mines been rebalanced several times. New rack and pinion, new axles, said they tried new rims and tires, and tried new driveshaft! However the one dealer tells me tires are bad. Sent me to a independent tire shop who tells me rims at least two rims are severely warped, but the tires are not the issue. Mine has had A vibration and balance issues since day one 11 months ago and now has 9500 miles with worn ties. Then ram tells me they will not cover balance anymore, that they only balance once under warranty. Not my fault you pos truck has a issue you can’t fix. This is so unexceptional! Most expensive vehicle I’ve ever had and by far the worst! I’ve already turned several friends and family away from a ram truck!

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Sierra's and Silverado's experience a shake and vibrations too. Had both. The RAM is the last shaky of the 3.
Mine vibrates a little, but not enough to annoy me.
My brothers stopped when he changed from stock 18's to Rebel wheels and tires.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had the same exact thing happen! Mine are Bridgestone. Local tire shop pulled me out also to show me vibrating rims. Also said warped rims and they will never hold balance. Had 3 dealers tell me it’s not the rims lol. They are supposed to let me know by end of the week if they are buying my truck back. If not let the lemon law begin!

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
Well I believe this is my first post on here. Bought my 2020 RAM 1500 LARAMIE 4X4 new with Falken AT3'S on it which I remember had a slight vibration but mostly smooth ride. Had the truck a couple of days and traded in the Falkens for more aggressive Cooper AT3 XLT tires. That's when I began to really notice the vibration. Had them installed on the factory 20" wheels. Tire shop had hell putting them on and scratched all 4 wheels. They offered to replace the wheels and couldn't get 4 factory replacements, so I opted for the 2019 22" RAM replica wheels on 34" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Had bought and installed a 3.5" ReadyLift SST lift kit that had to be reduced to a 2" preload spacer which basically made it a leveling kit. Had a mild clunking noise coming from what I thought was one of the struts and steering shaft. Brought it my local dealer and they changed the front driver side shock and realigned the truck. Picked up the truck and still had the clunking noise. Brought it back to them and they changed the lower steering shaft, still had the noise. Hooked up with their lift kit installation tech. Gave him the synopsis of what I had and he said I've put that lift on trucks like yours. So I got it out of service and he agreed to put the full lift kit back on at the dealership on the side for $350 cash. He calls me the next day and asked if my truck shook real bad when accelerating, I said no. He said well everytime I accelerate the front end shakes really bad. So he contacts ReadyLift and they told him the measurements were too high to reduce it back to a leveling kit. After that they had to change out both front shocks, upper and lower steering shafts, steering knuckle, rack & pinion, tie rod ends, sway bar links, sway bar bushings, etc. Got tires replaced with 35" Toyo Open Country RT's on the account of the vibration which still existed even after new tires. At this point I'm really pissed off and go and spend thousands on a Rough Country 6" lift with coilovers and reservoirs thinking it was going to fix it. Truck was noticably smoother at low speeds with less shaking in the steering wheel and bed...but the vibration persisted. Had the front tires rotated to the back and it was noticably worse in the rear now, so now I knew I had a tire problem. The same tires the tire shop road force balanced 3x's and said were good. The more I drive it the worse the tires got. Now 1 front tire is out of round and 1 rear tire is borderline out of round with less than 2,000 miles on these tires. Tire shop is replacing all 4 tires...for the 3rd time. Dealership refuses to touch the truck and said they've done everything they can do. Everyone is telling me to get rid of it, but I've got so much time and money vested in this thing. Don't think the new tires will fix this. If it does it makes since, I mean everything but the driveshaft and cv axles have been changed. Had the truck for 10 months with 5,000 miles on it. What's it going to take FCA? What's causing these trucks to do this to brand new tires? I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the upper control arms and how they're putting the pad of the tire on the road. Chevy and Ford are both angled down towards the back of the truck very noticably, RAM's is very slightly angled. If so many people are having the same issues than it's something to do with engineering.

Attachments

• 20201008_172149.jpg
    20201008_172149.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 41

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I believe this is my first post on here. Bought my 2020 RAM 1500 LARAMIE 4X4 new with Falken AT3'S on it which I remember had a slight vibration but mostly smooth ride. Had the truck a couple of days and traded in the Falkens for more aggressive Cooper AT3 XLT tires. That's when I began to really notice the vibration. Had them installed on the factory 20" wheels. Tire shop had hell putting them on and scratched all 4 wheels. They offered to replace the wheels and couldn't get 4 factory replacements, so I opted for the 2019 22" RAM replica wheels on 34" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Had bought and installed a 3.5" ReadyLift SST lift kit that had to be reduced to a 2" preload spacer which basically made it a leveling kit. Had a mild clunking noise coming from what I thought was one of the struts and steering shaft. Brought it my local dealer and they changed the front driver side shock and realigned the truck. Picked up the truck and still had the clunking noise. Brought it back to them and they changed the lower steering shaft, still had the noise. Hooked up with their lift kit installation tech. Gave him the synopsis of what I had and he said I've put that lift on trucks like yours. So I got it out of service and he agreed to put the full lift kit back on at the dealership on the side for $350 cash. He calls me the next day and asked if my truck shook real bad when accelerating, I said no. He said well everytime I accelerate the front end shakes really bad. So he contacts ReadyLift and they told him the measurements were too high to reduce it back to a leveling kit. After that they had to change out both front shocks, upper and lower steering shafts, steering knuckle, rack & pinion, tie rod ends, sway bar links, sway bar bushings, etc. Got tires replaced with 35" Toyo Open Country RT's on the account of the vibration which still existed even after new tires. At this point I'm really pissed off and go and spend thousands on a Rough Country 6" lift with coilovers and reservoirs thinking it was going to fix it. Truck was noticably smoother at low speeds with less shaking in the steering wheel and bed...but the vibration persisted. Had the front tires rotated to the back and it was noticably worse in the rear now, so now I knew I had a tire problem. The same tires the tire shop road force balanced 3x's and said were good. The more I drive it the worse the tires got. Now 1 front tire is out of round and 1 rear tire is borderline out of round with less than 2,000 miles on these tires. Tire shop is replacing all 4 tires...for the 3rd time. Dealership refuses to touch the truck and said they've done everything they can do. Everyone is telling me to get rid of it, but I've got so much time and money vested in this thing. Don't think the new tires will fix this. If it does it makes since, I mean everything but the driveshaft and cv axles have been changed. Had the truck for 10 months with 5,000 miles on it. What's it going to take FCA? What's causing these trucks to do this to brand new tires? I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the upper control arms and how they're putting the pad of the tire on the road. Chevy and Ford are both angled down towards the back of the truck very noticably, RAM's is very slightly angled. If so many people are having the same issues than it's something to do with engineering.
I’m asking for my money back or new truck, but I see so many people still having this vibration issue. Not sure I even want a 2021 ram! We all need to get Together with a lawsuit and ram needs to recall several million trucks! I’ve owned 20 vehicles in my life and this is by far my worst experience with anything I’ve ever purchased. Then when you call ram or go to 3 different dealers. They act like no one else has had vibration issues on these trucks, what a bunch of BS!

Reaction score
I’m asking for my money back or new truck, but I see so many people still having this vibration issue. Not sure I even want a 2021 ram! We all need to get Together with a lawsuit and ram needs to recall several million trucks! I’ve owned 20 vehicles in my life and this is by far my worst experience with anything I’ve ever purchased. Then when you call ram or go to 3 different dealers. They act like no one else has had vibration issues on these trucks, what a bunch of BS!
WOW!!!! This is exactly the same answer I get from the two dealerships I've went to due to the vibration. What is Dodge trying to cover up? I put on the Nitto ExoGrapplers, hoping that once they do the road force balance it fixes the vibration (primarily when accelerating) and nothing. Its actually worse than before. I am in 100% on this class action lawsuit. $75K and every time I drive the truck, I want to get back into my 2012 Explorer with 260,000km on it.

Another thing... This vibration is both in the Classic model and the new body. Also when I told the dealership about this website and for them to check it out themselves, the told me 'there is a lot of false information out there' regarding vehicles and refused to look into it themselves.

Bitwise

Reaction score
This thread is extremely disheartening. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2020 or 2021 Rebel in the next month or so but now I’m not sure that’s a good idea. Is this a problem with the Rebel as well?

Reaction score
This thread is extremely disheartening. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2020 or 2021 Rebel in the next month or so but now I’m not sure that’s a good idea. Is this a problem with the Rebel as well?
Disheartening is right.... I've read things about similar issues with Chevs and Fords. Its like a coin toss, are you going to get a bad one or a good one? I guess I should have bought the Tundra... The Rebel is a hell of a truck, can't answer if the problem is in the Rebels as well.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure, but I know after my experience not only with a faulty truck, but how ram and their dealers treat you and ignore youR problems. I’ve wondered many times is it safe for me or my family to even ride in this thing? Definitely do not buy a new ram truck! Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I read many bad reviews before I bought mine too and thought that won’t happen to be and my truck. But guess what it did! I’m looking at a Nissan pro X4 or maybe a Chevy trail boss but the insides of them chevys are so ugly. Good luck!

brettguercio

Reaction score
Sierra's and Silverado's experience a shake and vibrations too. Had both. The RAM is the last shaky of the 3.
My 15 gmc sierra had the vibration issue but at least gm tried to fix it instead of saying can't duplicate/ its normal

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
Manager at the tire shop conjured up a set of 18" REBEL wheels with brand new Duratrac's to test on my truck and it didn't fix anything!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you come out? I built a new 2021 ram I should have in about 6 weeks! Hopefully no problems with the new one!

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm basically at the same crossroads. Filed a claim with Ram Care and will speak to them again on Monday 11/16/20. Spoke with them on Friday 11/13/20 and basically gave them the rundown on my adventures thus far. Going to see what they propose, I'm 1 step away from claiming Lemon 🍋🍋 Law.

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
I might this as its similar.

Brother looked at a 2019 Tradesman at local dealer. Truck had steel wheels.

18.0–Inch x 7.5–Inch Steel Wheels and 275/65R18 BSW All–Season Tires.

Tires were slightly out of balance and had some round spots. Tires were forced road balanced.

Some of the vibration went away, but was still present.

Wasn't going to buy truck like this. They wanted to warranty the tires out for new ones, but they didn't have any of the similar tires in stock, and we didn't want to make another trip to this dealer 1.5 hours away.

Dealer puts a new set of tires and wheels OFF A '20 REBEL on this truck. Rode PERFECT (aside from the noisy tires - - Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs)

New tires and Wheels = LT275/70R18E OWL AT Tires and 18X8.0 Painted Black Wheels.

This just goes to show a complete set of NEW TIRES and Completely different WHEELS fixed this truck's vibration problem completely. Sometimes its NOT the tires, but rarely are the wheels blamed.

Probably a combination of BOTH here. Mr brother brought the truck, and the dealer ate the loss on the wheels.

OP, are you using "wheels" and "tires" interchangeably? Just askin'?
Well I pitched your supposed fix to the tire shop manager who's been feverishly been assisting me through this chaos and he somehow conjured up a new set of 18" Rebel wheels with 80 miles on the Goodyear Duratrac tires. Tested them for about a week and the vibration remained. So this is not the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread