5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Apple CarPlay GROUP BUY!!!

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Re: CPLAY2AIR
I sent in this question and got a quick response.

Q: How do we know when a new update may be available? Is there something we must do to initiate an update? Thank you for your assistance. PS; I'm using your dongle in my 2019 Ram Truck.
05/26/2020

A: Hi Lou,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You can check available updates online.

Turn on your mobile data to check for updates.

1. Connect your phone to the adapter and wait until CarPlay appears on the screen.
2. Enter 192.168.50.2 in your browser and click “Go.”
3. If you see an update available, click it.
4. Wait until the update bar reaches 100%.
5. When CarPlay reappears on the screen, you’re done!

Let me know. Thank you!

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the steering wheel controls will still work to control music/Siri using this adapter? In my Toyota you lose that functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlckDT

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the steering wheel controls will still work to control music/Siri using this adapter? In my Toyota you lose that functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Under the reviews section on their website you can search for RAM and I found this review. Maybe someone on this forum?
1590668495757.png

Attachments

• 1590668473724.png
    1590668473724.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 33

BlckDT

Reaction score
Just a heads up regarding shipping. I am not sure if it would delay the supposed expedited shipping selection as well if you paid for that. However, I ordered at end of April and still waiting for delivery - standard shipping.

EMAIL RESPONSE TO MY INQUIRY ON DELIVERY TIMING:
"Thanks for reaching out to us. I've checked with our fulfillment team and found that your order is still pending due to strict shipping policies. Since this is an electronic device, customs has held the order for further inspection and we have to wait for it to approve it for export. Once again, our sincere apologies for these uncontrolled circumstances. With the pandemic still affecting routes and most are being suspended, our shipper is doing the best they can to expedite the shipping of your parcel.

Thank you for your patience."

TRACKING OF THE SHIPMENT HISTORY:
1590669460063.png

sawyer84

Reaction score
Wow, looks like they put it on a ship. That right there takes at least 2-3 weeks.

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | DS InTune w/ Jay Greene Custom Tune | B2 Fab. Magnaflow w/ Resonator Delete | S&B CAI | Hellwig Swaybar | 2” Rear Lowering Springs | Tazer

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Once you place your order, please PM me to let me know so I can track for anyone that falls off so I can open up the offer to a few that have reached out wishing they could have gotten in on the deal. Thanks!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Wow, looks like they put it on a ship. That right there takes at least 2-3 weeks.

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | DS InTune w/ Jay Greene Custom Tune | B2 Fab. Magnaflow w/ Resonator Delete | S&B CAI | Hellwig Swaybar | 2” Rear Lowering Springs | Tazer
Not really. Mine took something like 6-7 business days from order to my door (it's air freight).

Last edited:

sawyer84

Reaction score
@Neurobit I don’t question yours was air freight, but I was specifically talking about the guy that hasn’t received his. He posted his tracking info and it says it’s on a ship.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
@Neurobit I don’t question yours was air freight, but I was specifically talking about the guy that hasn’t received his. He posted his tracking info and it says it’s on a ship.

Ah, got it.
I stand corrected.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am guessing that it's on a ship because he did not pay the expedited shipping and that COVID is also having an impact on the way normal freight is handled. This is why the company HIGHLY recommended that everyone pay for expedited shipping.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am guessing that it's on a ship because he did not pay the expedited shipping and that COVID is also having an impact on the way normal freight is handled. This is why the company HIGHLY recommended that everyone pay for expedited shipping.
FYI - I did the free shipping, not expedited, early in covid (ordered march 31st). They used DHL.

Users who are viewing this thread