5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Apple CarPlay GROUP BUY!!!

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've noticed with mine if I have Waze running and stream music I get issues. If I switch to the music screen and don't have Waze on screen it seems to be fine. I need to test that a little more but quite annoying. Does this use bluetooth or wifi to actually transfer data?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So I've noticed with mine if I have Waze running and stream music I get issues. If I switch to the music screen and don't have Waze on screen it seems to be fine. I need to test that a little more but quite annoying. Does this use bluetooth or wifi to actually transfer data?
It uses WiFi.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It uses WiFi.
I thought so, it would be stupid to use bluetooth since its such low bandwidth. Guess I need to go sit in the truck with my signal analyzer and figure out where the best spot for either my phone or the device should be. Wonder if it uses 2.4 or 5ghz. I would hope 5ghz given the extremely short distance.

Gozar

Reaction score
I have that happen as well, it almost seems like it needs to "warm up" music is choppy for the first 10-15min then it smooths out. It was worse until I tuned off the WiFi hot-spot in the truck, but still happens. I need to check if it needs an update. iPhone 8+ and USB extender cable.
Quick update, I think my issue is cell coverage, before this device I used the WIFi hotspot in the truck, now of course, the WiFi is to the CarPlay2. I need to drive through more areas but so far the skipping seems to occur closer to my house and in the general same areas.

chrisnack

Reaction score
It's $130 on their site right now, FYI. Not sure if that's cheaper than normal, but seems like a decent price.

Think i'm gonna pick one up, i have wireless carplay in my BMW, it's nice...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's $130 on their site right now, FYI. Not sure if that's cheaper than normal, but seems like a decent price.

Think i'm gonna pick one up, i have wireless carplay in my BMW, it's nice...
I have another Group Buy that will be starting next week if I can get 10 people. I have 5 so far and you would make 6. $111.97 would be the price. Anyone interested in the GB that has not yet PM'd me, please do so at your earliest convenience.

As an aside, for those that already purchased and received your units, there is a update available and it takes about 2-3 minutes to complete. The instructions that came with it tell you what to do ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have another Group Buy that will be starting next week if I can get 10 people. I have 5 so far and you would make 6. $111.97 would be the price. Anyone interested in the GB that has not yet PM'd me, please do so at your earliest convenience.

As an aside, for those that already purchased and received your units, there is a update available and it takes about 2-3 minutes to complete. The instructions that came with it tell you what to do ;)
Some of us are. still. waiting...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
COVID really set back all shipments from China if not express. Then the riots which didn't help either. When it does come, which shouldn't be much longer, it will be well worth the wait IMPO.

Acogs91

Reaction score
I am one of the 5, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those that are interested in the next Group Buy, and have PM'd me, I just sent out PM's with the details on how to order and get your discount. If you are interested and have yet to PM me, please do so before this second phase group buy expires. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread