5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Apple CarPlay GROUP BUY!!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
For those that have this, where did you decide to plug into?
Since the dongle's cable is really short, I purchased a 1.5ft USB extension cable (link here) plugged into the right USB port (USB2), and it laying on the floor of the dashboard out of the way:

0E28ED78-1F2E-4D05-81E2-031EFC3E2683.jpeg
9ADC4FCF-DAA8-4293-8AE2-7BF8CE0ED506.jpeg 425FBAC1-F8C9-4CFB-A817-37A4FA59D70C.jpeg

YellowSled

Reaction score
i paid for the 2-3 days shipping on the 27th when i placed my order. I emailed them yesterday and they said it will take another 7-9 days because its now in Hong Kong. I shouldn't have paid the faster shipping. grrrrrrr

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i paid for the 2-3 days shipping on the 27th when i placed my order. I emailed them yesterday and they said it will take another 7-9 days because its now in Hong Kong. I shouldn't have paid the faster shipping. grrrrrrr
I paid for expedited shipping and mine shows being in Ohio... Supposed to deliver on Thursday. Seems like the regular shipping could take a month plus from what I’ve saw from people who did it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I paid for expedited shipping and mine shows being in Ohio... Supposed to deliver on Thursday. Seems like the regular shipping could take a month plus from what I’ve saw from people who did it.
Same here...mine is in OH and is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. COVID has taken its toll on shipping out of China.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered in April and am hoping to receive mine soon. It looks like it may have cleared customs in the US.

shauste

Reaction score
I love mine. Got it with the Loyalty $40 discount.
I ordered one and I can't get it to work consistently. It will work for awhile and then it acts like a spotty connection similar to a cell phone when going through a tunnel. I have the unit less than 6" from my phone. I have disconnected and reconnected several times. I've even contacted the company and have done everything they've said. I just sent an email asking for a refund.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ordered one and I can't get it to work consistently. It will work for awhile and then it acts like a spotty connection similar to a cell phone when going through a tunnel. I have the unit less than 6" from my phone. I have disconnected and reconnected several times. I've even contacted the company and have done everything they've said. I just sent an email asking for a refund.
Interesting in that the reviews have been very positive. Just like anything electronic, maybe you got a bad one that I'm sure they'll make right. Have you tried to determine if you have the latest software update?

YellowSled

Reaction score
Well tracking on their site was no use. DHL showed up today with my carplay2air. ordered on 27th, so i guess expedited shipping worked, Now it will just sit there till Late July when i return home.

BlckDT

Reaction score
I ordered in April and am hoping to receive mine soon. It looks like it may have cleared customs in the US.

Same here. Custom cleared. I wasn’t in a hurry but expected a little faster. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gozar

Reaction score
Mine should arrive tomorrow, I also ordered the same USB extension cable as Neurobit - thanks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
WOOHOO...DHL just stopped by and delivered my CarPlay unit. Just installed it...fired right up and works amazing :) Siri and the steering wheel controls all work beautifully. No complaints and looking forward to taking it out for a drive tomorrow. Checked for an update too and already has the latest version...SUPER EASY!

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
WOOHOO...DHL just stopped by and delivered my CarPlay unit. Just installed it...fired right up and works amazing :) Siri and the steering wheel controls all work beautifully. No complaints and looking forward to taking it out for a drive tomorrow. Checked for an update too and already has the latest version...SUPER EASY!
Glad to hear! I knew you’d like it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread