5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Apple CarPlay GROUP BUY!!!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have that happen as well, it almost seems like it needs to "warm up" music is choppy for the first 10-15min then it smooths out. It was worse until I tuned off the WiFi hot-spot in the truck, but still happens. I need to check if it needs an update. iPhone 8+ and USB extender cable.
I’ll try it again today as I leave work and see. I’ve reached out to the customer service to see if they can provide some insight. I checked for an update with mine and it says it’s updated.

Txd33r

Reaction score
Mine won’t connect while it’s in my pocket. It will when I put it over o the wireless charger pad though. Also it hung up the screen earlier on a call when I turned the truck off and transferred the call to my phone it kept the screen on with the truck off and door closed and locked. When I went back 15 min later to put something up screen was still on saying call transferred even though I had hung up 10 min prior.

NHFD21348

Reaction score
I used mine the other day worked flawlessly. Thank you [mention]securityguy [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, paired it and it was already up to date. Seemed to work fine but I didn't take a drive or anything. I have to go out today so we will see how it works.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine won’t connect while it’s in my pocket. It will when I put it over o the wireless charger pad though. Also it hung up the screen earlier on a call when I turned the truck off and transferred the call to my phone it kept the screen on with the truck off and door closed and locked. When I went back 15 min later to put something up screen was still on saying call transferred even though I had hung up 10 min prior.
Hmm. Should work anywhere inside the truck. Did you ensure the firmware is up to date?

Emarkowski24

Reaction score
Having problems with mine as well...updated firmware, tried connecting and re connecting probably 15 times, update iPhone and still choppy connection, skipping words in Spotify.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I just took an hour drive and the music skipping is annoying. It works fine otherwise but I can't deal with the music cutting out every other second.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Ok so I just took an hour drive and the music skipping is annoying. It works fine otherwise but I can't deal with the music cutting out every other second.
I am so glad to know I am not the only one. What I figured out with customer service is that mine works best when I am within 10cm or so of the unit. Which completely would defeat the purpose of having wireless as I might as well plug it in at that point.
I know someone on here said that there phone worked from the back seat and I am 100% sure mine won’t. It won’t connect properly from my pocket.

Attachments

• 37CBD52A-DB3B-4E3A-B19C-D3899CB47AD8.png
    37CBD52A-DB3B-4E3A-B19C-D3899CB47AD8.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 27

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am so glad to know I am not the only one. What I figured out with customer service is that mine works best when I am within 10cm or so of the unit. Which completely would defeat the purpose of having wireless as I might as well plug it in at that point.
I know someone on here said that there phone worked from the back seat and I am 100% sure mine won’t. It won’t connect properly from my pocket.
Yea I tried next to the box, away from the box, on top of the box and it was all the same for me. I might just give it to my dad since he doesn't stream music and only uses CarPlay for Waze.

Bigstraus30

Reaction score
Mine has worked well. Haven’t used it for music though, so not sure about that. Did notice if I hit the uconnect button and ask it to make a phone call it says no phone connected. If I use the touchscreen it makes a call. Haven’t checked to see if firmware needs an update

Attachments

• D2800487-9AFF-411E-81F8-8FE2E5D6E42E.jpeg
    D2800487-9AFF-411E-81F8-8FE2E5D6E42E.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Saints

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s hit or miss. I had to call my credit card company to reverse the charge on mine today as it’s been almost 2 months since I ordered and still haven’t received it. So I’m done, guess I’ll never find out if it worked or not and that’s ok.

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
Same here. Every now and again fails to connect, but it’s pretty rare, and unplugging it for a couple of seconds fixes it.
Very happy with mine.
The only time mine didn’t connect , I got a call as I was getting in the truck. After that no issues .

Emarkowski24

Reaction score
It only seems as if I get the skipping problem from Spotify when I have Waze up on the screen. Once I switch to Spotify on the screen no more skipping. Gonna try to see if there is an update for Waze and see if that helps

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yea I tried next to the box, away from the box, on top of the box and it was all the same for me. I might just give it to my dad since he doesn't stream music and only uses CarPlay for Waze.
Even my waze map was freezing up some.

Users who are viewing this thread