5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why not just add a spacer to level the air suspension...?

Pnorth

Reaction score
Great info! Do you know if there is a unit available for resonable money that can program something like this - making it possible to test this out?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great info! Do you know if there is a unit available for resonable money that can program something like this - making it possible to test this out?

I'm not aware of any, but it definitely can be done by the dealer. The question is would they be willing to do it.

Pnorth

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any, but it definitely can be done by the dealer. The question is would they be willing to do it.
Yes, that is probably the most important question - would they be willing - and at the same time - I would be willing to try myself and why I was thinking if there is a computer program and a cable, for instance, like I have for BMW or Audi, that lets you program settings etc.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I be interested in making a kit also,lets us know how it goes.

Will do. Based on the Revel Performance install instructions, we need 8mm for top ball socket and 10mm for lower ball socket so that's what I ordered from Grainger along with 5mm threaded rod.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The stock leveling link measures 2 7/8 inches from ball socket to ball socket. According to instructions from Revel Performance, each 5mm adjustment (shortening) will result in 3/4 - 1" of lift.

I'm also looking at another option. The Rebel has an additional 1" lift so I'm trying to get info on how this is achieved and part numbers for the leveling links and upper control arms. If this can be mimicked on a non-Rebel with air ride, that would work for me since I'm only looking to get another 1" or so for now.

Attachments

• 2019_Ram_Raise.pdf
    210.5 KB · Views: 44

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at this post https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/leveled-my-air-ride.1106/

Since he (2019 Laramie owner) used Revel leveling links from a 2014, this means that both top and bottom are 8mm. Not sure why Revel said 10mm, but this could be for a 2019 Rebel since that is what they've been using as test vehicles I believe. I'll take another look when I get home tonight.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Revel confirmed that 2019's use 8mm on both ends and that they need to correct their install instructions. Picked up additional 8mm ball links from Grainger today.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to open up the factory air system. It’s essentially the same process as an air conditioning system. It is profiled and charged with nitrogen. It doesn’t pull in outside air. The compressor is to move air from one place to another.

If you open it up you’ll be introducing moisture and inconsistency in ride quality and height consistency. They pull a vacuum. Pretty amazing system.

Anyways just wanted to say don’t suggest opening the system as it’s a closed style system

A10

Reaction score
Revel confirmed that 2019's use 8mm on both ends and that they need to correct their install instructions. Picked up additional 8mm ball links from Grainger today.
I couldn’t bring myself to spend a couple hundred bucks on revel’s leveling links when it looks so easy to make/piece together. I’m curious how it goes for you. I might do the same. Thanks!

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't assembled this yet, but if anyone wants to do it as well here are the parts:

Parts list for DIY leveling links (front)
4 each ($7.50 each) of Bansbach 8mm ball socket 22mm M5 thread
1 each ($2.42 each) of Fabory M5-0.80x1M threaded rod (you will need to cut this down to size)
4 each M5-0.80 nuts

Here are the parts I ordered from Grainger. Also need M5-0.80 nuts (easy to find at auto parts store or hardware store).

Bansbach 8mm Ball Socket 22mm M5 Thread
https://www.grainger.com/product/6U...58522c9f1624d4796e6fec12e8dc31a71445c63245414

Fabory M5-0.80x1m, Threaded Rod, Stainless Steel, A4, Plain
https://www.grainger.com/product/25...58522c9f1624d4796e6fec12e8dc31a71445c63245414

Last edited:

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to open up the factory air system. It’s essentially the same process as an air conditioning system. It is profiled and charged with nitrogen. It doesn’t pull in outside air. The compressor is to move air from one place to another.

If you open it up you’ll be introducing moisture and inconsistency in ride quality and height consistency. They pull a vacuum. Pretty amazing system.

Anyways just wanted to say don’t suggest opening the system as it’s a closed style system

This will be required if someone wants to install a spacer in order to remove the air bag assembly since the supply line fitting is on top of the assembly. But just like the BDS lift, this is a risky procedure. Lots of disclaimers and warnings in the BDS instructions for 2013-2018 models.

Attachments

• BDS 4 inch lift for air ride 2013-2018.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone commented on these?

https://www.linksforram.com/

I ordered a set but haven't gotten them. Just interested in leveling a bit.

Let us know how it works out. Would be curious to understand how the threaded rod stays in place without moving in the socket ends. The older generation stock links are longer than the 2019 links so hopefully there is guidance in the instructions on what length you need.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let us know how it works out. Would be curious to understand how the threaded rod stays in place without moving in the socket ends. The older generation stock links are longer than the 2019 links so hopefully there is guidance in the instructions on what length you need.

I will. The seller said he presets these for leveling.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone is concerned with uca ball joints, I just found out that the uca's from the Mopar 2" lift kit are available for purchase separately. I was quoted $120 for the pair.

These are the part numbers

Right side p/n 68323530AA
Left side p/n 68323531AA

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the parts diagram for Laramie front suspension. Seems like both air ride and regular strut mount the same so a spacer should work on the air ride strut.

Laramie front suspension.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread