5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the trailer backup guide?

Straycat

Reaction score
In the book from the dealer where it describes all features and options. Camera - Parkview rear backup camera with dynamic gridlines and centerlines. Standard across all models.
Surround View Camera - Included in advanced saftey group, included in M1 package, not available with Parkview rear backup camera, Only available as part of the package on laramie, longhorn laramie and limited. The Limited level 1 equipment package is M1 and includes surround View camera which stated previously is not available with Parkview rear backup camera that has grid and center lines.

Straycat

Reaction score
After reading my reply i need to clarify, The surround View camera is Only available as part of the package on laramie, longhorn laramie and limited. The Limited level 1 equipment package M1 is only an option on the limited. Clear as mud?

grinch72

Reaction score
In the book from the dealer where it describes all features and options. Camera - Parkview rear backup camera with dynamic gridlines and centerlines. Standard across all models.
Surround View Camera - Included in advanced saftey group, included in M1 package, not available with Parkview rear backup camera, Only available as part of the package on laramie, longhorn laramie and limited. The Limited level 1 equipment package is M1 and includes surround View camera which stated previously is not available with Parkview rear backup camera that has grid and center lines.

I'd have to ask why newer builds have both then?

Straycat

Reaction score
So it sounds to me like if you have the Advanced saftey group or the Limited level one you will not have center lines.

grinch72

Reaction score
So it sounds to me like i r you have the Advanced saftey group of Limited level one you will not have center lines.
but people that have both, have the center lines as seen in screenshots above.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Just picked up my newly delivered Longhorn with Advanced Safety, No tow group, trailer brake, etc. Here is a picture from my screen shot while I was still at the dealer. As seen in the picture we are struggling with a lot of rain here in western NC.

Attachments

• backup.jpg
    backup.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 112

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly...seems this should be resolvable with a software update, as many have suggested.

Why doesn't @RamCares get involved here and give us some real direction on why it's present. Seems like they could get an answer. Rhetorical question :)

grinch72

Reaction score
The dealer just got my centerline working. they had to change out a module to make it work. the CVPM needed to be replaced. I will have more info when I pick up my truck! I don't think it is going to be fixed via a software update. Apparently it is module based.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer just got my centerline working. they had to change out a module to make it work. the CVPM needed to be replaced. I will have more info when I pick up my truck! I don't think it is going to be fixed via a software update. Apparently it is module based.

The CVPM can be flashed and updated but my assumption here is FCA doesn't have a flash for the dealer to install. I hope that's the case. What did you do in order to get them to fix this? Did they have to verify it with another one on the lot?

grinch72

Reaction score
The CVPM can be flashed and updated but my assumption here is FCA doesn't have a flash for the dealer to install. I hope that's the case. What did you do in order to get them to fix this? Did they have to verify it with another one on the lot?
They verified others on the lot had it and then called Ram. They told the dealer to replace that module. All is well in the world now!

Attachments

• AD136BDA-BEAB-4B17-9341-4260878B8862.jpeg
    AD136BDA-BEAB-4B17-9341-4260878B8862.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • 99FFCD7A-6127-4311-A80D-EAB48864E574.jpeg
    99FFCD7A-6127-4311-A80D-EAB48864E574.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They verified others on the lot had it and then called Ram. They told the dealer to replace that module. All is well in the world now!

Do you still have to select the backup camera view (icon all the way to the right) to get the full screen view without the small surround view on the left side or did the module replacement give you the full screen view when in reverse now?

grinch72

Reaction score
Do you still have to select the backup camera view (icon all the way to the right) to get the full screen view without the small surround view on the left side or did the module replacement give you the full screen view when in reverse now?
Nope. Still have to select it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where is the module located and how long did the fix take? Did RAM say anything about only certain build dates having it or should we all have it?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
IDK why the 12" would not have this, but it would be very easy for FCA to add it to UConnect via OTA and make it user configurable.
Sheesh FCA. Listen to the customer. Not rocket science.

grinch72

Reaction score
Where is the module located and how long did the fix take? Did RAM say anything about only certain build dates having it or should we all have it?
Mine was an October build and I didn't have it. I started noticing Nov and Dec builds as having it so I complained. Dealer gave me a loaner and they had my truck all day. No idea how long it took to be honest but I could've waited. I choose not to. I believe all of us should have the center line. Only the early build 12 inch screens with surround view are missing it from what I can tell. Ram didn't give the dealer any crap about it and told them to replace the module under warranty. I'm guessing that same will happen for anyone else that puts up a stink.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was an October build and I didn't have it. I started noticing Nov and Dec builds as having it so I complained. Dealer gave me a loaner and they had my truck all day. No idea how long it took to be honest but I could've waited. I choose not to. I believe all of us should have the center line. Only the early build 12 inch screens with surround view are missing it from what I can tell. Ram didn't give the dealer any crap about it and told them to replace the module under warranty. I'm guessing that same will happen for anyone else that puts up a stink.
I have an August build with 12" and would like to have it if available. I guess I'll ask the Service Manager and see what he says.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I have this line in a 8.4 system in a 2015 jeep with tow package. And also in my april 18 build 8.4 Ram.

Seems like this wouldnt be an issue at all for them by 2019 model years.

This thread is interesting to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread