5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the trailer backup guide?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I searched around the internet last night looking for picture and videos of the 12.1 in reverse. Not one of them I found had the centerline. I went to my dealer today and asked so we hopped in the only 4 trucks they had with the 12.1 in it. Not a single one of them had the centerline. I would love for the people who say they have to send a pic or video of the screen showing the 360 surround camera AND the backup cam with a centerline in it. Until I see actual proof of a 12.1 screen with a centerline, I'm not buying it.
And back on topic...mine doesn't have the centerline either.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well... someone better tell my 12.1 it can't have the center line, because it is there...
You have the tow package. See the above post. Only 12.1 without Tow is missing "the line". Since many of us who ordered opted for 360 view cameras and heated/folding mirrors, we don't get "the line". The zoom view gives a close look at the ball. Not as good as a line but get the job done.

DaYooper

Reaction score
So I searched around the internet last night looking for picture and videos of the 12 in reverse. Not one of them I found had the centerline. I went to my dealer today and asked so we hopped in the only 4 trucks they had with the 12.1 in it. Not a single one of them had the centerline. I would love for the people who say they have to send a pic or video of the screen showing the 360 surround camera AND the backup cam with a centerline in it. Until I see actual proof of a 12.1 screen with a centerline, I'm not buying it.
Here you go:
20181221_163951.jpg

20181221_164005.jpg

Build date of 10/27/2018.

grinch72

Reaction score
You have the tow package. See the above post. Only 12.1 without Tow is missing "the line". Since many of us who ordered opted for 360 view cameras and heated/folding mirrors, we don't get "the line". The zoom view gives a close look at the ball. Not as good as a line but get the job done.
Looks like DaYopper proved us wrong. Off to the dealer I go

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
My 2 mopars:

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Tow package. NO advanced safety. 8.4 Uconn. HAS THE LINE AND IT BENDS.

2019 Ram. Tow Mode, not Max Tow. NO advanced safety. 8.4 Uconn. HAS THE LINE AND IT BENDS.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
One more thing.... having that line and it bending ROCKS.

ammdrew

Reaction score
Wow absolutely dumbest thing to not put in the truck. Seems silly I have a truck with receiver hitch and trailer brake from the factory yet no center line because it did not have the package with wide mirrors... Not really sure that logic holds well for truck buyers... Maybe we will get the line in a future software update ...

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Wow absolutely dumbest thing to not put in the truck. Seems silly I have a truck with receiver hitch and trailer brake from the factory yet no center line because it did not have the package with wide mirrors... Not really sure that logic holds well for truck buyers... Maybe we will get the line in a future software update ...
Neither the jeep nor this ram have the wide tow mirrors.... and i have the bend line.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I think it may just boil down to, God knew that the people who didnt get the hitch line could handle it. And the ones who did, needed that handicap, like me.

I would take it as an honor granted from the man above, if you dont have it.

ammdrew

Reaction score
LMAO ok I guess I can take that as a plus.. Just seems silly to have a fully optioned 70k plus truck and it does not have the option to have a line for the hitch. Really would not have been much of a coding issue to allow us to turn it on and off regardless of deck size..

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confidently say I have the 12.1 and the non-tow mirrors, but I do not have the line. (Which we thought was conventional until now...)

Is this a setting now? I'll try to see if there's something in Uconnect to turn it off or on.

grinch72

Reaction score
I looked for a spot in the menus to display this, but couldn't find it. How do you display the SW version?

Bottom of your display where you choose climate, etc...... hold to two outer ones, whatever they are. That will get you into dealer mode. You can see it there by choosing radio part info. See pics.

Attachments

• AF2E747F-6047-4020-979B-A4D9D9800CB0.jpeg
    AF2E747F-6047-4020-979B-A4D9D9800CB0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • A83BEA9E-898C-475C-AE61-372EEECDB861.jpeg
    A83BEA9E-898C-475C-AE61-372EEECDB861.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 63

Tom488

Reaction score
Bottom of your display where you choose climate, etc...... hold to two outer ones, whatever they are. That will get you into dealer mode. You can see it there by choosing radio part info. See pics.
Excellent - thank you for that. Here's my info - it's the same as yours:

20181227_091523.jpg

(ETA: Geez, I need to pick up a screen cleaning kit. YUK! :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread