5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the trailer backup guide?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I have a 10/18 build and no center line after checking tonight. Thought I had it but that is my wife’s 2017 Cherokee, go figure. Will have to mention it to my tech Tuesday when I have the 2 recalls done and my PUP oil change done.

Here’s my list so far for them now

1. 2 recalls issued within last month.
  2. Brakes squeeling and a groaning noise when first backing up in the morning. (Dealers aware of issue)
  3. Wind noise from rear passenger door or rear window area at all speeds.
  4. Now the backup center line issue.
  5. Uconnect offline issue for nav page. (Dealers aware of issue)
Haven’t had any wet carpet issues yet that I’m aware of so lucky there. Anything anyone else knows of I need to have looked at that I haven’t listed above?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Mine also is an October build without the centerline. I opened a Ram Care case over a month ago and had the truck in the shop for this, road noise and brake squealing. I’m now being told that..........(names removed to protect the not so innocent :cautious:)

This is ............. from Chrysler Case Management
I spoke to (my dealer service rep) today and he advised they have no further options to change the current features of your truck. (my dealer service rep) stated he tried different software and it has and will lead to system corruptions if applied to your unconnect system. My onsite uconnect team stated the same about module changes and potential harm to your system so it's an option to change the system to have 3 grid lines.
With regard to your break noise I was advised by the dealership they found no abnormality. <— this cant be duplicated unless it’s cold and damp outside so I’m stuck with it until next winter.
I wish there was more I could do.

So either ram doesn’t want to do anything and making excuses about changing the module or the dealership is by saying it will corrupt my system. They didn’t try anything on MY truck because I haven’t heard from them since it was first in the shop.

I even confirmed a limited with 360° Surround view having the center line on their lot. Showed them pictures of Laramie's, longhorns and limited’s having it and still nothing. At my wits end trying to get this fixed/updated.

Any advice from the group?

grinch72

Reaction score
Mine also is an October build without the centerline. I opened a Ram Care case over a month ago and had the truck in the shop for this, road noise and brake squealing. I’m now being told that..........(names removed to protect the not so innocent :cautious:)

I spoke to (my dealer service rep) today and he advised they have no further options to change the current features of your truck. (my dealer service rep) stated he tried different software and it has and will lead to system corruptions if applied to your unconnect system. My onsite uconnect team stated the same about module changes and potential harm to your system so it's an option to change the system to have 3 grid lines.
With regard to your break noise I was advised by the dealership they found no abnormality. <— this cant be duplicated unless it’s cold and damp outside so I’m stuck with it until next winter.

So either ram doesn’t want to do anything and making excuses about changing the module or the dealership is by saying it will corrupt my system. They didn’t try anything on MY truck because I haven’t heard from them since it was first in the shop.

I even confirmed a limited with 360° Surround view having the center line on their lot. Showed them pictures of Laramie's, longhorns and limited’s having it and still nothing. At my wits end trying to get this fixed/updated.

I'm at a loss. If you were in CT I'd tell you to go to my dealer and ask them to fix it under warranty. They've done mine and know the process now. I'm sure they would welcome the business. Outside of that im not sure. I can ask them if they had a star case open for mine and you can possibly refer to that??? Let me know.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I'm at a loss. If you were in CT I'd tell you to go to my dealer and ask them to fix it under warranty. They've done mine and know the process now. I'm sure they would welcome the business. Outside of that im not sure. I can ask them if they had a star case open for mine and you can possibly refer to that??? Let me know.

That would be great. Any information I can give them or add to my arsenal is a plus.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any luck with yours? See above post about my experience so far.
I haven’t asked yet. My truck’s been at the dealer for a few weeks for service and to address a long list of things. I didn’t want to add the centerline yet as some of the issues are more important to me right now. I’ll keep you posted.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

My advice is find a better service dealer.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That would be great. Any information I can give them or add to my arsenal is a plus.
I’m my dealer replaced the cvpm and I have my centerline back. They didn’t give me any push back once I referred them to this forum and one of the posts that was talking about the issue.

dtsrt

Reaction score
So, is the center line tied to the Advance Safety Group option ONLY, or did I miss something reading all this? I did not select that option and do not want to head to the dealer if center line only applies to it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, is the center line tied to the Advance Safety Group option ONLY, or did I miss something reading all this? I did not select that option and do not want to head to the dealer if center line only applies to it.

Thanks.
Well, I do have the advanced safety group and surround view, and I don’t have the centerline. So the answer is either “no” or “it doesn’t matter”.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What’s your build date?
8/18. My service manager spoke with the lead engineer for the CVPM, and he said they didn’t incorporate the new module (supporting the centerline) into production for my configuration until January, IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread