5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheels spacers?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'd need to know how deep those pockets are and how long the factory studs are to gauge whether or not you're going to have to cut them.

Jack.

Reaction score
Those would be them.
Nice, now i just gotta firgure out if i want to go with 1.25 or 1.5. Would i just go with the same spacers in the rear as well? depending on what thickness i choose?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice, now i just gotta firgure out if i want to go with 1.25 or 1.5. Would i just go with the same spacers in the rear as well? depending on what thickness i choose?
I'm not an expert on the field but everything I read says that you should go a .25" wider on the rear spacers to even the track width out. The front track width is wider than the rear by a little bit. If that doesn't bother you, same thickness all the way around.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you have a spacer lift or lifted struts on the truck you buy the same size front and rear.

Because when the front suspension drops down it sucks the wheels in a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack.

Reaction score
If you have a spacer lift or lifted struts on the truck you buy the same size front and rear.

Because when the front suspension drops down it sucks the wheels in a little.

I dont have any spacer lift or lifted struts (yet). Everything in regards to my suspension is stocked at the moment

Jack.

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on the field but everything I read says that you should go a .25" wider on the rear spacers to even the track width out. The front track width is wider than the rear by a little bit. If that doesn't bother you, same thickness all the way around.
Oh i see, i just ordered 4x 1.5inch spacers... so i guess the correct way would be to do 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the back?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh i see, i just ordered 4x 1.5inch spacers... so i guess the correct way would be to do 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the back?
From what I've read and my math, yes.

Jack.

Reaction score
From what I've read and my math, yes.
I called motorsport and they just told me to get 4x of the same spacer length, do you have the article where you read that so i may educate myself better?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called motorsport and they just told me to get 4x of the same spacer length, do you have the article where you read that so i may educate myself better?
It was in a thread somewhere around here. I don't have the link unfortunately. I read it, took a note, and that was it.

Jack.

Reaction score
It was in a thread somewhere around here. I don't have the link unfortunately. I read it, took a note, and that was it.
I just found the treads, yeah definitely going to go with the 1/4 different.

Now just gotta firgure out how to tell if my tires will rub...

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Turn your wheels to full lock and measure your clearance from the tire to your fender. If it’s more than 1.5in then you’re good

Jack.

Reaction score
I think with my current tires set up after a rough measurement I got about 1.3 or so inch left before the tire hits the mudflaps and etc. Now I guess I would just want to run .75 spacers if anything just for a bit better clearance, however... anyone know the stud length of the front wheels? Trying not to trim the studs if I can...

Jack.

Reaction score
Sorry to spam this once more but i feel like a bit eh about running spacers, is there any ways i can get more clearance between my tires and the UCA? Would using a BDS coil over leveling kit give me a bit more clearance? just wondering haha

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to spam this once more but i feel like a bit eh about running spacers, is there any ways i can get more clearance between my tires and the UCA? Would using a BDS coil over leveling kit give me a bit more clearance? just wondering haha
The spacers should push your wheels away from the UCA. As long as you have some clearance, you'll be fine. They won't "run into" each other, and if they do, you have bigger issues. lol

Jack.

Reaction score
The spacers should push your wheels away from the UCA. As long as you have some clearance, you'll be fine. They won't "run into" each other, and if they do, you have bigger issues. lol
yeah, its just one more point of failure if they do end up failing and thats the thing turning me away, a credit card fit between em (UCA and tires) so i guess i should be fine

Jeeper

Reaction score
running 2" with stock Rebel wheels and tires. No issues at all and love the stance now.
4c8ffabbb7097858cfd6c67ad763c80b.jpg
2e31be2d194cfa3fca80f4bca4b866fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/