5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheels spacers?

Jack.

Reaction score
Considering making my stance a bit more aggressive but after a tons of research it seems like most people think spacers aren't worth it (bad mpg, rougher rides, can't drive fast etc). I'm not looking for anything crazy just as long as it sticks out past the fender by a little bit and I'll be happy.

With that being said do you guys think it's worth it to grab spacers ? ☠☠

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t tow with it!!!!!

J/K, that was just a ruffle some feathers. I say yes, get some quality spacers. By quality, I mean Bora, spidertrax, etc., not guangzhou limited llc specials on ebay.

I’m making light of China, but they dont produce bad products if the Quality Control is good.

Jack.

Reaction score
Don’t tow with it!!!!!

J/K, that was just a ruffle some feathers. I say yes, get some quality spacers. By quality, I mean Bora, spidertrax, etc., not guangzhou limited llc specials on ebay.

I’m making light of China, but they dont produce bad products if the Quality Control is good.
Yeah I wasn't going to cheap out on the spacers, I feel like it's one.of those things where I would want a really quality ones so I don't end up dying going 90mph or something haha. I'm just worry about how much worse the ride quality would be and ofc also thinking bout mpg cuz gas been ridiculous

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a giant thread about wheel spacers and a couple of YouTube videos on them. Depending on what trim and wheels you have, 2" sound like they would get you the look you want. Bora makes great hubcentric spacers. Not cheap but you don't want cheap when it's holding your wheels on.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't going to cheap out on the spacers, I feel like it's one.of those things where I would want a really quality ones so I don't end up dying going 90mph or something haha. I'm just worry about how much worse the ride quality would be and ofc also thinking bout mpg cuz gas been ridiculous
I’ve run spacers from 1/2” to 2.75” and have not seen a difference from the spacers themselves (when running billet). What usually will dip your mpg a little is from high rolling resistance (i.e., wide tires, tires sticking out from side of truck, etc). Technically, spacers will always affect mpgs a little because you’re adding unsprung weight, but if you choose your spacer wisely, your mpg drop should be negligible.

Jack.

Reaction score
There's a giant thread about wheel spacers and a couple of YouTube videos on them. Depending on what trim and wheels you have, 2" sound like they would get you the look you want. Bora makes great hubcentric spacers. Not cheap but you don't want cheap when it's holding your wheels on.
I think 1.5inch would be perfect, and yeah i been watching a lot of youtube videos on them and reading articles but it seems like theres quite a mix reception on them. Right now i got the trx rims on and 285/65/r18 falken at3w, just trying to see which brand spacers is worth it haha

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i got 305/70/18 rims and 1.5 spacers front 2 inch rear i dont stick out with my fender flares .. mpg has not taken a hit with spacers added i will say im adding rims with negative offset and gonna most likey remove my spacers. just to compare

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think 1.5inch would be perfect, and yeah i been watching a lot of youtube videos on them and reading articles but it seems like theres quite a mix reception on them. Right now i got the trx rims on and 285/65/r18 falken at3w, just trying to see which brand spacers is worth it haha

Bora or shifted industries are the two more quality ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack.

Reaction score
Would I just cop them off of Amazon?

There's probably not any benefit in going with actual wheels over hub centric spacers correct? From what I'm getting most of the negative experience people have with them are from people cheating out and not going with hub centric quality ones

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There's probably not any benefit in going with actual wheels over hub centric spacers correct? From what I'm getting most of the negative experience people have with them are from people cheating out and not going with hub centric quality ones
https://www.motorsport-tech.com/ for Bora. I saw a couple people mention KSP that can be had from Amazon but no idea on quality or anything.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

No don’t just cop a set off Amazon. Then you will be one of the guys coming on here making posts about how bad spacers suck because you got a cheap set. Spacers aren’t something you cheap out on.

Buy from a reputable shop or seller

But for what a set of good ones cost. It’s usually half of what a good set of wheels with the proper offset cost. Which is what I learned.

Jack.

Reaction score
Im looking at the motortech website now and theyre not as bad as i though the bora 1.5 ones are going for like 70 bucks? i was expecting at least minimally 150 per.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im looking at the motortech website now and theyre not as bad as i though the bora 1.5 ones are going for like 70 bucks? i was expecting at least minimally 150 per.
The price is per spacer, not pair.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 1" spacers and 1.25" spacers, came out to $267 shipped. There's at least a few week backlog between order and delivery.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Good chance you’re going to have to cut your studs

Jack.

Reaction score

Is there any ways to determine whether or not i would need to cut my studs? the wheels i currently have do have those tiny pockets for them

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Hoping there are pockets on the back of the wheels and they're deep enough to not have to cut the studs. Heck, after seeing how it looks, I maybe opt for wider or no spacers.

Jack.

Reaction score
Hoping there are pockets on the back of the wheels and they're deep enough to not have to cut the studs. Heck, after seeing how it looks, I maybe opt for wider or no spacers.
These pockets here correct?

Attachments

• 20211028_144922.jpg
    20211028_144922.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread