5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score

19Jake---why is it a miracle?

Ok....so that I don't assume...I have not been around here long. 19JakeI don't know if you and NorthCountryEvo-

a. have the kind of relationship online where ya bust each others chops
b. have issues with each other
c. or 19Jake your just that guy???
d. none of the above but something else

We all know auto manufacturers use different companies/multiple companies for the same parts; NorthCountryEvo may have valid situation where his vehicle (and others) have different sizes within "x" compliance for auto manufacturer. I provided information to confirm my truck and hope others will do the same to see if there are others.

Just want to know.

NorthCountryEvo

Reaction score
19Jake---why is it a miracle?

Ok....so that I don't assume...I have not been around here long. 19JakeI don't know if you and NorthCountryEvo-

a. have the kind of relationship online where ya bust each others chops
b. have issues with each other
c. or 19Jake your just that guy???
d. none of the above but something else

We all know auto manufacturers use different companies/multiple companies for the same parts; NorthCountryEvo may have valid situation where his vehicle (and others) have different sizes within "x" compliance for auto manufacturer. I provided information to confirm my truck and hope others will do the same to see if there are others.

Just want to know.

I'm glad someone else was able to chime in with real visual evidence. Definitely not the readings I got on all the different times I measured and other people measured for me. Maybe my truck is some sort of unicorn. As far as me and 19Jake, it isn't A or B, at least not for me. Frustrating, but I don't let the pointless stuff matter. Just know that you gotta take everything with a grain of salt because people might have certain angles they are working.

cgraydotcom

Reaction score
Just for information purposes.

.3mm is .011”, or basically the width of 2 sheets of paper.

Tolerances will probably be near +.1/-0mm on the wheel, and +0/-.1mm on the hub. They make millions of these, and the tighter the tolerance, the higher the scrap rate.

The wheel bore is not a full solid diameter. It has reliefs, if you look closely at the picture. This allows expansion for heat, and variances in diameters. Some will fit tighter than others, and not cause issues.

There will also be a tolerance on the position of the lug holes to the center bore. My experience was that the bore and outer tire mounting surface on the wheel were established at the same time, and the lugs were drilled afterwards. This will cause a bit of difference between the two centerlines.

If you expect that over the years of taking wheels off and on to rotate or change tires, that the mechanic is going to use precision to remount your aluminum wheel onto a steel hub, without dinging that bore more than the thickness of 2 sheets of paper, your expectations may be a little high. This is the second reason for the reliefs in the bore on the wheel.

So, if you feel unsafe because your wheels might be a couple thicknesses of a sheet of paper off-center, or too tight, then spend the extra cash on a better brand. I bought the cheaper ones, took the extra money and bought Brickyard 400 tickets, where I can watch pit crews slam lug centric wheels onto cars in mere seconds that drive 200+ miles per hour.

Attachments

• 816BA3C8-C97F-484C-B802-36F8A25A3C98.jpeg
    816BA3C8-C97F-484C-B802-36F8A25A3C98.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 204

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Just for information purposes.

.3mm is .011”, or basically the width of 2 sheets of paper.

Tolerances will probably be near +.1/-0mm on the wheel, and +0/-.1mm on the hub. They make millions of these, and the tighter the tolerance, the higher the scrap rate.

The wheel bore is not a full solid diameter. It has reliefs, if you look closely at the picture. This allows expansion for heat, and variances in diameters. Some will fit tighter than others, and not cause issues.

There will also be a tolerance on the position of the lug holes to the center bore. My experience was that the bore and outer tire mounting surface on the wheel were established at the same time, and the lugs were drilled afterwards. This will cause a bit of difference between the two centerlines.

If you expect that over the years of taking wheels off and on to rotate or change tires, that the mechanic is going to use precision to remount your aluminum wheel onto a steel hub, without dinging that bore more than the thickness of 2 sheets of paper, your expectations may be a little high. This is the second reason for the reliefs in the bore on the wheel.

So, if you feel unsafe because your wheels might be a couple thicknesses of a sheet of paper off-center, or too tight, then spend the extra cash on a better brand. I bought the cheaper ones, took the extra money and bought Brickyard 400 tickets, where I can watch pit crews slam lug centric wheels onto cars in mere seconds that drive 200+ miles per hour.
Cgraydotcom,

I appreciate the information. It is always good to get all three sides of the coin when making a decision.
1-side 2-other side 3-truth from both sides

Post like yours and others will give future buyers a view of all sides before making their purchasing decisions. It's what makes a good forum even better!!!

NorthCountryEvo

Reaction score
FYI, this information isn’t correct concerning pricing, or at least a bit disingenuous. The $85.94 cost for the 1.5” spacers is for 2 spacers total. Contacted Coyote to ask because it seemed cheap. If you are dead set on 77.8 hubs, go for quality from BORA.

1215E51C-F792-482B-A7EE-F51CD356B491.jpeg

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I for one listened to 19Jake and bought the Coyote ones. Did my research, same materials and specs as the Bora but significantly less expensive. I've been running on them for weeks and needless to say no problems. These are not cheap Chinese knock-offs.

Just have to be careful on this site, because they show a pair and the price is 42.97 but that is each, NOT QTY 2 but QTY 4

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Coyote site or Jake? What is the actual price for 2?

Jake is history, 86 or something for 2. I have a set of 2 that are 1.50 but probably won’t install. Changed my mind and may just order new rims. So I’ll have some OE 22’s from my Limited for sale too!

TML4Ever

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused:

What was the measurement you made - 78.1x or 78.0x but I note you said earlier it was close to 77.8?
Did you also verify the measurement of the spacers?

I purchased a set of 78.1's and they didn't center up well (about a thick piece of paper too large), nor would they fit into the stock wheel bore, so I will say that 78.1 is too large and I am sending them back. I since did more research on this and found out that the bolt pattern / hub CB on the Ram 1500 is identical to the Nissan Titan XD. This gives us a little more shopping options since the Titan has been around longer than the Ram.
I was able to locate a set that SHOULD fit my stock wheels perfectly.
I'll update the thread with some photos when they're installed.

1. https://www.uswheeladapters.com/shop/nissan-titan-xd-hub-centric-spacers-bo/
2. http://motorsport-tech.com/bora.html (Choose Titan XD)
3. https://www.titanwheelaccessories.c...ssan-titan-xd-ram-1500?variant=27967211339799

Cheers!
Rob

TML4Ever

Reaction score
I’m just saying... I have real world evidence from multiple sources, using multiple tools, and measured by myself and aviation mechanics (and both they and their tools have to be precise) that point me towards the 78.1’s being accurate (by less than .1), and you have pictures, gifs, and what seems to be advertising for a different brand but not much else so far. I am asking in all seriousness just to have some of the information backed up because I want to be safe, and I want everyone else to be safe.
IMHO 77.8mm is the size. the spacers I bought are compatible with 2019 Ram 1500. Check out the attachments / photos

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 166

TML4Ever

Reaction score
Hey NorthCountryEvo,

I am no expert at measuring with my digital caliper but I did remember to measure a hub which came out right at 77.80, unfortunately I did not take the pic (I thought I did sorry-heat index was pushing its way up to 100 when we installed). I did take pic of my attempt at measuring my BORA wheel spacer.

View attachment 26268
they are 77.8mm check out these attachments

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 54

TML4Ever

Reaction score
Okay. Saying the same thing over and over again doesn’t make you correct. Highlighting and increasing font size doesn’t make you correct. This is why several other members PM’d me to say not to listen to you because your information is questionable.

Anyone considering spacers, just be willing to do your research and take the time to inspect your vehicle. Do not take my word, nor anyone else’s word, as gospel. It’ll at least get you ballpark and can be helpful, but it’s always best that you do your due diligence. This is how I was able to come to the conclusion that the 78.1 hubcentric spacers I purchased were the correct option for me: I took the time to find out for myself, pulled my wheel off, and broke out the caliper... and the numbers didn’t lie. If you get spacers, torque them to spec and check them regularly. The spacers are a holdover for me currently because the best option almost always will be a wheel with the correct offset, but i’m holding off on those until I settle on how i’m attacking my suspension.
77.8mm check out attachments

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 55

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BORA - fit perfectly with no issues whatsoever.

Bubba8769

Reaction score
BORA - fit perfectly with no issues whatsoever.

This... Don’t waste time or have to worry. Bora Spacers are legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dragon285

Reaction score
Guys I finally moved from 2'' spacers to 3'' spacers. What I had before were the Yitamotor spacers and went to Bora Spacers, only because Bora makes them in a 3'' and higher. I do get a little rubbing but i'll heat gun that in the wheel well to make space. Here are some pics!! 31559 31560 31561 31563 31564 31565 31566 31568 31569

tylerw204

Reaction score
BORA 1.5" Spacers
Nitto Ridge Grappler 305/45/22 XL

Attachments

• 20191103_150247.jpg
    20191103_150247.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 563
  • 20191103_150226.jpg
    20191103_150226.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 570
  • 20191103_150423.jpg