5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers

ghostface35

Reaction score
Looking to add spacers to my 2021 Limited with the 22" wheels. It seems like everyone is only using 1 size spacer for all four wheels. My issue with this is the track width is different between the front and the rear:

Front track (")
Rear track (")

In order to keep things even, I'm looking to go 1.5" up front and 2" in the rear, especially since there's mention of rubbing up front with 2". Does anyone know if the studs need to be cut up front with 1.5" and stock 22" wheels?

I have a Rebel with KSP 1.5" spacers on currently. No cutting needed. Our stock wheels on the rebel can handle the ~1/4" overhang past the spacer. No Trimming required.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone running 35x12.50 with 1.5” wheel spacers?.. Want to see how much poke you get with this setup?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Anyone running 35x12.50 with 1.5” wheel spacers?.. Want to see how much poke you get with this setup?..

I'll have photos after my 5" RC lift is installed with the 35x12.5R22 tires

I only have the spacers on the stock tires right now.

Jakley

Reaction score
I finally got my 1.5” BORA spacers installed. I’m really happy with the look. No rubbing and no cutting necessary on my WeatherTech mudflaps.

I did a short video of the before and after here:

Attachments

• 9CCFC867-4951-4247-BC1B-CF95E303AE33.jpeg
    9CCFC867-4951-4247-BC1B-CF95E303AE33.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 8D650B1A-15C3-4175-9EFD-28230FC96062.jpeg
    8D650B1A-15C3-4175-9EFD-28230FC96062.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 1411F9A0-405E-46B3-A2C9-D7206D3E0385.jpeg
    1411F9A0-405E-46B3-A2C9-D7206D3E0385.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 151

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got my 1.5” BORA spacers installed. I’m really happy with the look. No rubbing and no cutting necessary on my WeatherTech mudflaps.

I did a short video of the before and after here:

Great vid! Can you try and take some pictures of the upper control arm clearance from the interior wall of the tire?.. Thank you!

Reaction score
I have some questions regarding different companies that make wheel spacers. I know BORA and Spidertrax are the most talked about wheel spacers on the market, and the ones that are recommended. I want to know why they are recommended, I understand at one point not many options were available but now everyone makes them.

So I have search several different manufactures from Bora, Rough Country, KSP, Supreme Suspension, Richeer which are available on Amazon (Canada) except for the BORAs which is very limited at to where you can buy. Which I understand because it seems they are made to order and not mass produced (maybe I answered my question in that sentence haha)

Anyhow all the ones I listed share the same things as BORA: 77.8 Bore, 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum, Grade 10.9 or 12.9 bolts (varies), Hub centric and wheel centric, CNC machined. Bora lifetime warranty and warranty varies with the others (ie. KSP is 2 year replacement). Also country of Origin varies from USA to China, but so does the price. BORA $400cdn ($326 + 70 ship all Canadian prices) and the others like KSP $149cdn shipped free on Amazon. Also I will be hit with taxes on the BORAS coming from the US, so my province is 13% so a total of $450cdn. So there is a huge price difference.

I'm not trying to cheap out by any means, if the BORAs are better for good reason then I don't care about spending the money. I just don't want to be spending $300+ more just because they bare the name BORA.

What is the failure point on the cheaper ones over the BORAs as they are all made from Billet aluminum, all hub centric and all have 10.9 or high grade bolts and they are all CNC machined. Are the Chinese graded bolts weaker? Is the 6061 T6 Aluminum in China lower quality then the US?

Again I am not trying to cheap out, I just want to know that spending an extra $300 is worth it and not just paying for the name BORA.

*note: I know some will say why SPACERS and not off-set rims... well I like my factory rims so much, I just had them powder coated black last year so I want to keep them. Also I will get offset rims soon but not until I require new tires which won't be for like 2-3 years, as which point I will get a rim/tire package and use my factory for winters to protect the aftermarkets**

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
I have some questions regarding different companies that make wheel spacers. I know BORA and Spidertrax are the most talked about wheel spacers on the market, and the ones that are recommended. I want to know why they are recommended, I understand at one point not many options were available but now everyone makes them.

So I have search several different manufactures from Bora, Rough Country, KSP, Supreme Suspension, Richeer which are available on Amazon (Canada) except for the BORAs which is very limited at to where you can buy. Which I understand because it seems they are made to order and not mass produced (maybe I answered my question in that sentence haha)

Anyhow all the ones I listed share the same things as BORA: 77.8 Bore, 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum, Grade 10.9 or 12.9 bolts (varies), Hub centric and wheel centric, CNC machined. Bora lifetime warranty and warranty varies with the others (ie. KSP is 2 year replacement). Also country of Origin varies from USA to China, but so does the price. BORA $400cdn ($326 + 70 ship all Canadian prices) and the others like KSP $149cdn shipped free on Amazon. Also I will be hit with taxes on the BORAS coming from the US, so my province is 13% so a total of $450cdn. So there is a huge price difference.

I'm not trying to cheap out by any means, if the BORAs are better for good reason then I don't care about spending the money. I just don't want to be spending $300+ more just because they bare the name BORA.

What is the failure point on the cheaper ones over the BORAs as they are all made from Billet aluminum, all hub centric and all have 10.9 or high grade bolts and they are all CNC machined. Are the Chinese graded bolts weaker? Is the 6061 T6 Aluminum in China lower quality then the US?

Again I am not trying to cheap out, I just want to know that spending an extra $300 is worth it and not just paying for the name BORA.

*note: I know some will say why SPACERS and not off-set rims... well I like my factory rims so much, I just had them powder coated black last year so I want to keep them. Also I will get offset rims soon but not until I require new tires which won't be for like 2-3 years, as which point I will get a rim/tire package and use my factory for winters to protect the aftermarkets**
I know it’s very important for the best spacers going on our trucks, on Jeeps i only used spidertracs or synergy. I ordered Boras and paid extra thinking I’d get them sooner but i went and sold my other wheels/tires because a guy was wanting them bad. Some people say bora could take 5 to 6 weeks and i couldn’t be without my truck that long so found ksp they are good on all specs. So i Amazoned them & got them in 2 days they are very nice and should be solid. Fit perfectly. Still waiting for Boras lol.

Attachments

• A41D372B-3761-4BD6-BBBE-BB6FA3604A9C.jpeg
    A41D372B-3761-4BD6-BBBE-BB6FA3604A9C.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 104
  • C1F0A571-5038-4F66-8D32-5FFAB6C26877.jpeg
    C1F0A571-5038-4F66-8D32-5FFAB6C26877.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 104
Reaction score
I know it’s very important for the best spacers going on our trucks, on Jeeps i only used spidertracs or synergy. I ordered Boras and paid extra thinking I’d get them sooner but i went and sold my other wheels/tires because a guy was wanting them bad. Some people say bora could take 5 to 6 weeks and i couldn’t be without my truck that long so found ksp they are good on all specs. So i Amazoned them & got them in 2 days they are very nice and should be solid. Fit perfectly. Still waiting for Boras lol.

I don't mind waiting for the Bora's I have time to wait.... But KSP do looks fine as well....

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I will admit it takes the Boras a long time to be machined and shipped out (4 weeks for my order) but they've always been the most recommended spacer and to me its worth the extra cost when you have an entire community backing their performance. Also note that you can get steel spacers from Bora too, not just aluminum. I'm sure plenty of other vendors make great quality spacers but I'd rather not chance it going 70 down the highway.

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how much my tires will be outside of the fenders if I go with 1.5" front and 2" rear? Stock Sport (night editon style) rims with 35x11.5x20 Nitto RG.

I am under the impression that the stock rims are 19mm offset, with a 2" wheel spacer will that make my offset now -31.8mm?

Just trying to get an idea of where my tires will sit in relation to the Bushwacker Pocket Flares that I just bought.

After getting the flares yesterday and just holding them against my truck loosely (still have the stock and weathertech mudflaps on) seems it may look funny if I don't bring the rims out. I don't really want any poke I still want them under the flares. Or slight outside like no more then a 1/4"

Also, from my reading 1.5" front and my 35x11.5 I shouldn't have any rubbing issues while also having the Mopar lift with the added ORP spring up front?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how much my tires will be outside of the fenders if I go with 1.5" front and 2" rear? Stock Sport (night editon style) rims with 35x11.5x20 Nitto RG.

I am under the impression that the stock rims are 19mm offset, with a 2" wheel spacer will that make my offset now -31.8mm?

Just trying to get an idea of where my tires will sit in relation to the Bushwacker Pocket Flares that I just bought.

After getting the flares yesterday and just holding them against my truck loosely (still have the stock and weathertech mudflaps on) seems it may look funny if I don't bring the rims out. I don't really want any poke I still want them under the flares. Or slight outside like no more then a 1/4"

Also, from my reading 1.5" front and my 35x11.5 I shouldn't have any rubbing issues while also having the Mopar lift with the added ORP spring up front?
1.25" bora spacers front and back with 35X11.5 tires on stock rim. Some pics to give you an idea of poke.
IMG_20200328_144147.jpg IMG_20200424_102225.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks @Jeffjad for the pictures. Your passenger side front looks like less poke then the driver side, I am guessing the angle.

I am hoping that 1.5 front and 2" rear with the Bushwackers will look good. I don't really want the tires sticking out passed the fenders, but I also don't want them 4" inside of the flares, it would look stupid. I think it should look good... I was thinking 2" front and 2.5" rear but I think the front may rub with 2"... What do you think?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @Jeffjad for the pictures. Your passenger side front looks like less poke then the driver side, I am guessing the angle.

I am hoping that 1.5 front and 2" rear with the Bushwackers will look good. I don't really want the tires sticking out passed the fenders, but I also don't want them 4" inside of the flares, it would look stupid. I think it should look good... I was thinking 2" front and 2.5" rear but I think the front may rub with 2"... What do you think?
Yeah def the angle giving it a different look on one side vs. the other, I gotta work on my photography skills lol.
I think the with bushwackers the 2" and 2.5" would prob be close to flush. I'm not sure about rubbing, I don't have any rub with 1.25" but beyond that I don't know.

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
I took my wheels/tires off Today & checked torque on the spacers been around 150 miles now i installed them like spidertax recommends 130ft with blue locktite so when i check them at 125ft & the don’t budge your good. If they move then you take everything off & start over. But I’m good.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my wheels/tires off Today & checked torque on the spacers been around 150 miles now i installed them like spidertax recommends 130ft with blue locktite so when i check them at 125ft & the don’t budge your good. If they move then you take everything off & start over. But I’m good.
That's weird, bora says NOT to use locktite or it will void the warranty. Wander why the difference with spidertrax?

Reaction score
That's weird, bora says NOT to use locktite or it will void the warranty. Wander why the difference with spidertrax?

He has the KSP Amazon wheel spacers. I am debating getting them as they are cheaper then the BORAs and everything seem to be the same. Unless the Chinese graded 12.9 bolts are a weaker metal then BORA 12.9.... Although I've yet to find what grade bolts BORA uses.... Everyone recommends them, but I find their specs lacking compared to some of these cheaper spacers that give you all kinds of spec information....

I don't mind if they are slightly inside of the fender flare if I get the 1.5's … I worry with getting 2" fronts is rubbing issues...

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He has the KSP Amazon wheel spacers. I am debating getting them as they are cheaper then the BORAs and everything seem to be the same. Unless the Chinese graded 12.9 bolts are a weaker metal then BORA 12.9.... Although I've yet to find what grade bolts BORA uses.... Everyone recommends them, but I find their specs lacking compared to some of these cheaper spacers that give you all kinds of spec information....

I don't mind if they are slightly inside of the fender flare if I get the 1.5's … I worry with getting 2" fronts is rubbing issues...
Ahh, I see that now. I have been very happy with my boras, I know it's a long lead time on them and pricey but it's peace if mind for me.

Last edited:

Jeeper

Reaction score
Haha, just bought 1.5in spacers on Amazon and I must have had a grey moment, they were a set for all 4 wheels but I already put 2in on the rear so now I have an extra set. Shipping would suck for cost or I would sell them. Maybe I can do local to central Florida? They will be installed soon and I will report any rubbing. The 2in certainly rubbed up front.
I'm running 2" have just an ever so slight rub only on drivers side while full crank in reverse only....not concerned at all
798b0070900f96dc998aa6fd27996d87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread