5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel spacers on new big horn

Monteezy17

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a 2011 sport to the new built to serve edition big horn and already installed a level kit. I want the tires to poke out a bit but don’t want to buy new wheels quite yet.

I ordered some 1.5” wheel spacers for the truck. the more I read about it the less I’m sure it’s a good idea because of wear on the different components. I do 90% highway driving with about 5kms of gravel road everyday if that makes a difference.

If anyone has any advice or experience with wheel spacers please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 5005DC04-BED6-4C5A-A5EA-AEE27DFDABDD.jpeg
    5005DC04-BED6-4C5A-A5EA-AEE27DFDABDD.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 58

Handcruser

Reaction score
Buy quality hub centric spacers and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Desert XJ

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a 2011 sport to the new built to serve edition big horn and already installed a level kit. I want the tires to poke out a bit but don’t want to buy new wheels quite yet.

I ordered some 1.5” wheel spacers for the truck. the more I read about it the less I’m sure it’s a good idea because of wear on the different components. I do 90% highway driving with about 5kms of gravel road everyday if that makes a difference.

If anyone has any advice or experience with wheel spacers please let me know what you think.
I have personally owned trucks and Jeeps with wheel spacers as have many of my off-road friends. All with tires 35-40" and some in high speed (abusive) desert applications without issue.
The key is make sure they are hub-centric and don't go cheap. Buy from a reputable company that caters to the off-road market.

Monteezy17

Reaction score
Buy quality hub centric spacers and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[/QUOTE
I have personally owned trucks and Jeeps with wheel spacers as have many of my off-road friends. All with tires 35-40" and some in high speed (abusive) desert applications without issue.
The key is make sure they are hub-centric and don't go cheap. Buy from a reputable company that caters to the off-road market.
thanks. I bought hubcentric ones from KSP performance. They seem like legit company but I’ve never had experience with them before.

Reaction score
Did you have to modify your factory studs to fit the 1.5" spacers?

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread