5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

_StangPGH

Reaction score
AC is not going to be addressed by FCA any further but is an incredibly easy DIY fix. Why are you guys literally still sweating it? Valve or clamp it and enjoy your life.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Unless I turn the headlights on, that I cannot adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster with one of the two thumbwheels left of the steering column that adjust brightness of something. The left one does something (totally useless, I'm sure), and the right one doesn't do anything unless the headlight are on.
It's damn bright and only a matter of time before that screen suffers from burn-in.
If I could only get my hands on some wiring diagrams....

Steve

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
THE biggest disappointment for me:
the water that builds up under the driver's side.
thought we had it fixed -- then we had some monsoon rains and it came back. I had only had the rig 2 weeks when I decided to pull the trim and carpet up to look-see .. :(
nearly everything else is minor comparatively.

ddharris

Reaction score
I don't think it's a very hardy mechanism.
They sound sick from new. My passenger mirror is failing already after barely any use.
Motorized tow mirrors may be a bigger need for some but in normal mirror configuration for most that don't tow often it's not worth the hassle IMHO. Just something else to break. I can easily manually fold them if needed.

tal822

Reaction score
Air Suspension feels unstable and unsettled. I have changed the sway bar bought new wheels and tires and its still has the most unbearable shimmy and overall ****ty ride. Taking it back to the dealership this week to have the issue addressed.

Trouble1233

Reaction score
Air Suspension feels unstable and unsettled. I have changed the sway bar bought new wheels and tires and its still has the most unbearable shimmy and overall ****ty ride. Taking it back to the dealership this week to have the issue addressed.

Good luck they don’t have a fix for it..mines been in the dealership 6 weeks now and they can’t fix it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tal822

Reaction score
Good luck they don’t have a fix for it..mines been in the dealership 6 weeks now and they can’t fix it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I kinda figure its gonna be like pulling teeth. I reached out to RamCares and they are gonna start a case on it as soon as I drop it off. Hopefully all goes well. Sorry about your truck being down so long.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I traded in a 2016 King Ranch on a 2020 Limited. First time dodge (Ram) product. So far I miss the massaging seats that I had, and the tailgate step. I do a lot of hauling things around for work and the tailgate step made it really easy to get in and out of the bed. And the Uconnect just doesn't understand anything I say. If I had a Cajun accent (being from Louisiana) I would understand.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I traded in a 2016 King Ranch on a 2020 Limited. First time dodge (Ram) product. So far I miss the massaging seats that I had, and the tailgate step. I do a lot of hauling things around for work and the tailgate step made it really easy to get in and out of the bed. And the Uconnect just doesn't understand anything I say. If I had a Cajun accent (being from Louisiana) I would understand.
Have you installed the corner bed step?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen some posts about it rattling next to the exhaust. So I am kind of leary about that.
I think the issue has been contact with aftermarket exhausts during extension/retraction...not a rattle, and not with stock exhaust. There’s a huge thread of highly-satisfied customers, including me ;)

cwolawrence

Reaction score
Love the truck as a whole so far(2 months). The engine is NICE, but I just came from driving a GMC 1500 with 6.2 engine. Love that engine, more power, sounds better, and best of all probably 4-6 mpg better than the 5.7 Hemi. So, it can be done. The current Hemi 6.4 is not the answer to solve this problem. Right now my perfect truck would be RAM with a 6.2.
D U N....Done

runamuck

Reaction score
wireless charging not standard equipment. in my past trucks I could just toss my android phone on the console and it would charge..now I have to plug in a cable and have that dangling around till done...also no sd card slot ..also I cant get the fog lights to work if I have on the headlights. I could do that on my past trucks so that I could light up the road surface closer to me when visibility is bad out.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the AC Is the #1 gripe. Everything else is Basically fine, with minor annoyances like the tailgate ajar warning when its fully closed, the wireless charging of the phone goes off for no reason, and I’m still not used to the rotary shift knob after
3500 miles...
The tailgate issue is an easy fix. Use a T45 Torx bit to loosen the passenger side tailgate strike post and move it rearward 1/16 to 1/8 inch and retighten. Took me less than 30 seconds to do, and my tailgate has not had another issue since.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think it's a very hardy mechanism.
They sound sick from new. My passenger mirror is failing already after barely any use.
Motorized tow mirrors may be a bigger need for some but in normal mirror configuration for most that don't tow often it's not worth the hassle IMHO. Just something else to break. I can easily manually fold them if needed.

not sure about the motors not being hardy. i push the button to fold my mirrors twice a day and 6 times on sundays, (food shopping and what not).

if you haven't, you should get your passenger unit looked at and warranted. no way i am going to get out and manually fold them when i park, only time i manually fold them is when i am cleaning and detailing the black plastic mirror housings.

fredrk123

Reaction score
UConnect, specifically, how unreliable the whole USB connectivity is. CarPlay & thumb drives plugged into the truck work whenever they want. Very unreliable and frustrating.
Also, wish that wireless CarPlay was offered. It's insane having all this high tech, wireless charging, and then having to plug your phone in like it's 2009... Not just RAM issue, but a pet peeve of mine.

Rest of the truck I love. No other issues.

I second what you are saying sir.....The usb, uconnect and no wireless carplay can be a little cumbersome. Even my 12 inch screen seems give error messages I guess for some usb plugs. I know my 2019 laramie loaded is a first generation and i love it but i can't wait till the 12 inch console is updated near end of year. I love my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread