5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

RAMpage

Reaction score
Hard to find genuine annoyance with my truck. It makes me smile every time I start her up or walk towards her.

The only annoyance I think is that the mileage is way lower than my 4th gen from ‘17. It’s weird... just cannot get close to advertised numbers. I get the same at highway speeds or cruising in the city.

Same issue here. It's starting to become frustrating. Debating about trading it in already for something like a Gladiator perhaps...

Charlie33

Reaction score
Why? Did you ask the question to learn something or are you just collecting data to support some point you intend to make later?
Tow mirrows are the worst thing about the truck. Don't get them. Passenger side mirrow has terrible view, have use the small mirrow to on the outside to navigate. Could have made the mirrows 6 inches shorter eliminating the large mirrow.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Tow mirrows are the worst thing about the truck. Don't get them. Passenger side mirrow has terrible view, have use the small mirrow to on the outside to navigate. Could have made the mirrows 6 inches shorter eliminating the large mirrow.

AC performance is the only thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Early 5th Gen Rebels didn't get advanced safety features or 12" screens. So sort of a let down but not really...overall, love every nut and bolt about my Rebel.

Ramster

Reaction score
I miss a gear shift lever. I can not get used to that knob. I back my truck in and I always turn it to “drive” instead of “park” after backing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm always twisting the fan speed knob.

Differia

Reaction score
With out a doubt the sh***y AC.
Temperatures over 100 degrees and the 5th gen sucks. 115 degrees forget it. Takes over 20 minutes to even attempt to cool down and even then it sucks.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Leather seat choices. Cowboy belt buckles on back of seats.
Solid colors like just saddle brown would have been great. Not a fan of the two tones, or alligator print. But it is what it is.
Limited tied to Air suspension. Went with Laramie Longhorn as substitute. Tried air suspension. Not again.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
That stupid driveshaft bumping when releasing the brakes. Waiting on fix attempt #2 right now.

Bram2019

Reaction score
The thing that disappoints me most is I've had 3 wheel alignments since buying the truck and it still pulls to the right and the wheel is off to left. I was hoping to have a truck that would be straight as an arrow down the road. Nope my rebel has pulled right since day one.
Find a shop that knows how to do alignments. There are usually 2 reasons for your problem. Tire pull which can be verified by switching tires side to side. Or an alignment tech with no clue. Remember that road crown can be an issue. On a flat surface it should go straight with a straight steering wheel. All comments are based on a stock vehicle. Any mods you made, then all bets are off. If you can get a print out of your last alignment, PM it to me. Maybe I can help.

Bram2019

Reaction score
A while back, a celebrity was killed in his grand Cherokee because he left it in gear while getting his mail and a few weeks or months later an update was pushed. Agreed the functionality is very frustrating
Yes that update was pushed. But the real problem with those vehicles was the idiot shifter design. It was hard to know when you were in any gear. Total idiot design.

sman301

Reaction score
Biggest disappointment are the bugs in the electronics. Uconnect won't save my contacts. Mirror tilt won't return the position 20% of the time. ANC is droning . I honestly miss my 2017 slt but I would give up my 2019 sport for anything.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Charlie33

Reaction score
With out a doubt the sh***y AC.
Temperatures over 100 degrees and the 5th gen sucks. 115 degrees forget it. Takes over 20 minutes to even attempt to cool down and even then it sucks.
If you have a panoramic sunroof the AC has to work harder to cool down the cab. Try putting a piece of bubble wrap insulation between the liner and the glass, just be careful to remove it before trying to fully open the liner. Made a huge difference in my cab. I want to try window tinting as well for the sunroof.

kittyjo

Reaction score
The f..ing Bluetooth and CarPlay not working!!! Tried deleting phone on screen back on then turn off phone back off then on nothing works!!!! Frustrating

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, the AC Is the #1 gripe. Everything else is Basically fine, with minor annoyances like the tailgate ajar warning when its fully closed, the wireless charging of the phone goes off for no reason, and I’m still not used to the rotary shift knob after 3500 miles...

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
I had the same problem, so I just enabled the auto parking brake in UConnect so that the brake engages in park and disengages when you put the truck in gear.
The only issue is you have to remember to have your seat belt fastened BEFORE you put it in gear otherwise you have to manually disengage parking brake.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
Didn’t do enough research and got a Laramie thinking it would have rear reclining seats but you have to have at least level one equipment group. Mine is Laramie with no options except for HEMI. Would have happily paid $1695 more just for that option if I knew.

Users who are viewing this thread