5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

ddharris

Reaction score
not sure about the motors not being hardy. i push the button to fold my mirrors twice a day and 6 times on sundays, (food shopping and what not).

if you haven't, you should get your passenger unit looked at and warranted. no way i am going to get out and manually fold them when i park, only time i manually fold them is when i am cleaning and detailing the black plastic mirror housings.
Taking it in tomorrow. The mirror still works just tries to reset a couple times and is slow to fold open. Makes a loud popping noise .
Taking it in for the rear end whine mostly.

dmodem

Reaction score
If you have a panoramic sunroof the AC has to work harder to cool down the cab. Try putting a piece of bubble wrap insulation between the liner and the glass, just be careful to remove it before trying to fully open the liner. Made a huge difference in my cab. I want to try window tinting as well for the sunroof.
That won't do anything to change the 68-72 degree air coming from the vents in hot, humid weather.

dmodem

Reaction score
Undoubtedly, the horrendous a/c performance in temps above 85 degrees. At the dealer for a week+ with no change, and now I'll need to wait until next June-July to be able to replicate the problem for them so Ram can re-open the case.

Oh, and the fact that is was completely dead after sitting in the garage for 1 1/2 weeks. Air suspension lowered to entry/exit mode during the period, and after 6 hours of charging so it would start, suspension would't raise. Stated "air suspension needed to cool down". It leveled on its own 10 mins after being turned off. Dealer app't. Friday......again.

stevestrike

Reaction score
  1. Ramboxes warped and look like crap--Dealer is supposedly fixing this
  2. Uconnect is very buggy with multiple documented issues: mic drop issue, screen blacks out, GPS loses location, SirusXM plays over Bluetooth audio
  3. Gas mileage a bit lower than promised, I get 15-ish in mixed driving
  4. Minor quibble: Acceleration sucks and no "sport mode"
  5. Bonus Edit: the big forward "lurch" when the Auto Start/Stop turns back on and you are sitting in traffic

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely the A/C issue. Mine has improved over the last month or so but still struggles to keep the cab cool on hot days (over 90F).

can you not start driving backwards first and then open the door while you're moving?
You can if the driver's seat belt is buckled.

Unless I turn the headlights on, that I cannot adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster with one of the two thumbwheels left of the steering column that adjust brightness of something. The left one does something (totally useless, I'm sure), and the right one doesn't do anything unless the headlight are on.
One dial adjusts dash/screen brightness and the other one adjusts the center console courtesy light (it is in the overhead console between the two dome light buttons). These are wheels (not knobs) so should adjust the brightness regardless if the lights are turned on or not.

Have you installed the corner bed step?
I have seen some posts about it rattling next to the exhaust. So I am kind of leary about that.
No issues with my bed step. Low profile and very convenient. I didn't care about having one but the truck I got already had it, now I love it.

ddharris

Reaction score
  1. Ramboxes warped and look like crap--Dealer is supposedly fixing this
  2. Uconnect is very buggy with multiple documented issues: mic drop issue, screen blacks out, GPS loses location, SirusXM plays over Bluetooth audio
  3. Gas mileage a bit lower than promised, I get 15-ish in mixed driving
  4. Minor quibble: Acceleration sucks and no "sport mode"
  5. Bonus Edit: the big forward "lurch" when the Auto Start/Stop turns back on and you are sitting in traffic
Acceleration sucks?

Dave peterson

Reaction score
My headlights seem so dim. The high beams are great the low beams are brutal. I was thinking about replacing with LED bulb. Anyone else have this issue?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would say not having a "sport" mode for the transmission/pedal response like on my F150. You have a nearly 400 hp motor with an 8-speed ZF auto, adding a sport button like some many other vehicles have to adjust transmission and pedal response would have been so easy and cheap for FCA to do.

rah6887

Reaction score
My headlights seem so dim. The high beams are great the low beams are brutal. I was thinking about replacing with LED bulb. Anyone else have this issue?
Same. I replaced the low/high beams & fog lights with LED, makes a world of difference.
Also changed the cargo, map and dome lights as well.
Lasfit is the brand I went with.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
AC and Rambox fit finish are disappointing. Also would love to have that new tailgate!

Dave peterson

Reaction score
Same. I replaced the low/high beams & fog lights with LED, makes a world of difference.
Also changed the cargo, map and dome lights as well.
Lasfit is the brand I went with.
Awesome thanks! I already put the LED's in the interior and will now be installing the led in the headlamps!!! Thanks again!

Zipper100

Reaction score
squealing brakes... figure I will rectify than when I do my first brake job on the truck...
They replaced both my front and rear pads and discs along with installing some adapter to realign the pad. I've been good for a month or so now. I'd consider pressing the dealer to replace them.

Zipper100

Reaction score
My biggest complaint is UConnect and their lack of giving a damn to fix it. Poor Bluetooth audio, settings randomly change, static video with reverse camera, dash theme won't stay matching radio theme.

I purchased my truck in mid-December. I've been complaining about the Bluetooth quality since day 1. All I keep getting is "an update is coming". They have provided me with a few TSBs to try but my truck won't take them for whatever reason. UConnect refuses to replace the radio as this is "strictly a software problem".

I've opened cases with Ram, but they constantly close the only solution is the software update and throw the blame on UConnect.

Charlie33

Reaction score
That won't do anything to change the 68-72 degree air coming from the vents in hot, humid weather.
I will help lessen the greenhouse effect of the sunroof. The cooler the cab the colder the air comes out the vents. Put your hand up on the sunroof fabric cover when it's closed and feel the heat from the glass, then put the bubble wrap insulation between the fabric and the glass and the heat will be gone. Cab cools off much quicker'

dmodem

Reaction score
I will help lessen the greenhouse effect of the sunroof. The cooler the cab the colder the air comes out the vents. Put your hand up on the sunroof fabric cover when it's closed and feel the heat from the glass, then put the bubble wrap insulation between the fabric and the glass and the heat will be gone. Cab cools off much quicker'
Not buying it. I closed the pano roof cover during the hot July temps, and the vents never pushed anything cooler than 68 degrees after 35 mins on the highway. In fact, immediately after driving home in 85 degree weather after the dealer had it over a week while confirming an a/c problem with Ram's Star system (and replacing compressor, freon, and temp. sensor), I had a chilly 65 degrees during the 20 minute ride home.

v_eight

Reaction score
That I got cloth interior. Now I am looking at Katzkin leather.

Charlie33

Reaction score
Not buying it. I closed the pano roof cover during the hot July temps, and the vents never pushed anything cooler than 68 degrees after 35 mins on the highway. In fact, immediately after driving home in 85 degree weather after the dealer had it over a week while confirming an a/c problem with Ram's Star system (and replacing compressor, freon, and temp. sensor), I had a chilly 65 degrees during the 20 minute ride home.
You had a AC problem, just saying the cab gets hotter with the sunroof than without. The new sunroof doesn't have an insulated cover.

Users who are viewing this thread