5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best product to use to cleaner leather interior

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No man, you're the child, move on. You've been wrong in every post but you can't let go. You provided no validation for your opinion, no one agreed with you and no one cares, move on
Yea I'm over it....just remember...when your leather seats get all screwed up...think back to this post, while I was trying to help people...you do nothing but criticize. Good luck buddy.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea I'm over it....just remember...when your leather seats get all screwed up...think back to this post, while I was trying to help people...you do nothing but criticize. Good luck buddy.

You may want to go back and re-read this thread, that was you

Carussell

Reaction score
Polymer coatings can last year's. Ceramic and Graphene coatings are polymer based. Most are primarily polymer and very little ceramic or graphene. These same coatings or variants of them are used on leather and vinyl seating.

So, the note left on any Ram with leather referring to cleaning is 100% accurate. Seats aren't made like they were when we were teenagers.

Leather conditioner or cleaners on a newer Ram won't do squat except possibly damage the factory sealant.
How would i get that "factory sealant" back? and would cleaning it with the warm water and soap remove the sealant?

BNeal

Reaction score
After 2-months of driving my '21 Limited with the light tan leather, I began to notice transfer from my jeans. I called my detailer and he told me to use a damp MF towel with a dab of dish washing detergent and not to scrub. He also said that if I keep it clean I should have no problems down the road. I did that and it works like a charm!

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
How would i get that "factory sealant" back? and would cleaning it with the warm water and soap remove the sealant?
No, warm water and mild soap will only clean anything on top of the sealant. Any leather or fabric sealant will break down from friction (sitting down on the seat), harsh cleaners, UV rays, and things of that nature. CQuartz makes a leather sealant that holds up for 1-2 years depending on seating surface usage.

BowDown

Reaction score
So do i need to do anything after i get the dye transfer out?

I ceramic coated my seats to make the dye transfer cleanup easier. It just wipes off now. The coating does not prevent it, just makes it easier to clean. Far less scrubbing than without, I wipe it off with a all purpose cleaner and a microfiber towel. You probably don't need anything after that but I use the Gyeon leather coat

BowDown

Reaction score
After 2-months of driving my '21 Limited with the light tan leather, I began to notice transfer from my jeans. I called my detailer and he told me to use a damp MF towel with a dab of dish washing detergent and not to scrub. He also said that if I keep it clean I should have no problems down the road. I did that and it works like a charm!

Same color interior I have, I ceramic coated and it has reduced the dye transfer and is easy to clean up

BNeal

Reaction score
Same color interior I have, I ceramic coated and it has reduced the dye transfer and is easy to clean up
Question... I know ceramic coating the exterior finish should be left up to the pro's, but I assume what you are referencing can be handled by anyone capable of reading directions?

Also, would you mind sharing which coating you are using? Or is the Gyeon leather coat what you're referring too?

Thx!

BowDown

Reaction score
Question... I know ceramic coating the exterior finish should be left up to the pro's, but I assume what you are referencing can be handled by anyone capable of reading directions?

Also, would you mind sharing which coating you are using? Or is the Gyeon leather coat what you're referring too?

Thx!

I used Gyeon Quartz Leathershield, CarPro also makes one but I've read the reviews and that it yellows lighter colored leather. It was easy to apply, clean the seat, wipe it on and it cures in 10 minutes (summer). I did the seats, center console and door panels, anywhere bare skin would touch

Make sure the leather is clean and dry. Use the included applicator and rub a small amount of product into a panel at a time. Leave to dry. Wipe after 10-15 minutes if you prefer a fully matte finish.

20200725_114022-jpg.74347

Leather coat is the small bottle on the floor, I use it solely for maintenance for the Ceramic coat so it last longer. Its been on since the day after I got the truck, July 20th, so far the seat looks new, 7K miles. No wrinkles, no issues so far

Last edited:

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I used Gyeon Quartz Leathershield, CarPro also makes one but I've read the reviews and that it yellows lighter colored leather. It was easy to apply, clean the seat, wipe it on and it cures in 10 minutes (summer). I did the seats, center console and door panels, anywhere bare skin would touch

20200725_114022-jpg.74347

Leather coat is the small bottle on the floor, I use it solely for maintenance for the Ceramic coat so it last longer. Its been on since the day after I got the truck, July 20th, so far the seat looks new, 7K miles. No wrinkles, no issues so far
There is a one star review for that product on Amazon for staining white leather in a Tesla. All coating products will have that one guy who didn't follow directions and gives a bad review.

Just like any coating test it in an inconspicuous location before installing on everything. This is a ceramic coating so follow the directions to a T and remove excess once the coating has flashed or you will have marks showing the low points from the high points in the coating. If you have never installed a coating like this practice on some shoes or an old jacket. Don't let your nice seats be the guinea pig 😉

Can't go wrong with CQuartz or Gyeon. They both have VERY similar ingredients. Nearly identical products.

BowDown

Reaction score
There is a one star review for that product on Amazon for staining white leather in a Tesla. All coating products will have that one guy who didn't follow directions and gives a bad review.

Just like any coating test it in an inconspicuous location before installing on everything. This is a ceramic coating so follow the directions to a T and remove excess once the coating has flashed or you will have marks showing the low points from the high points in the coating. If you have never installed a coating like this practice on some shoes or an old jacket. Don't let your nice seats be the guinea pig 😉

Can't go wrong with CQuartz or Gyeon. They both have VERY similar ingredients. Nearly identical products.

Yeah, that's why I don't bother with reviews. I did by the CarPro CQuartz UK coating, I think that one is better than the Gyeon I used for the paint.
When I'm bored, I'll clay then buff off the Gyeon ceramic coat and try the CarPro CQ UK.
The reviews I saw were on a detail forum and a few people with BMW white leather. I will say, I had absolutely no problems with the Gyeon Leather Ceramic coat. The Gyeon MOHS Ceramic coat for paint was relatively easy to apply, just didn't get the results I thought I should or that I was looking for or maybe my expectations were too high. My paint was already brand new and needed nothing but mild paint correction and it glossed up great, I'm just a if 700hp is good 900hp would be better guy

Users who are viewing this thread