5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Known about the Bed Utility Group Options

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long did they have your truck to adjust the RamBox?
He did it in less than five minutes while I was standing there. Mine was slightly protruding at the end so it created too much lip sticking out. It now is flush with the rest of the body.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He did it in less than five minutes while I was standing there. Mine was slightly protruding at the end so it created too much lip sticking out. It now is flush with the rest of the body.

Having removed and reinstalled a RamBox, I'm curious how he did it?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine wasn't an up and down issue that might be more involved like you had. It was the seam sticking out to much from body. I believe he loosened these bolts in picture and slid the box back a bit before retightening. (Picture is from 2018 loaner)

Attachments

• 20181103_153711.jpg
    20181103_153711.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine wasn't an up and down issue that might be more involved like you had. It was the seam sticking out to much from body. I believe he loosened these bolts in picture and slid the box back a bit before retightening. (Picture is from 2018 loaner)

Thanks. I don't recall much play with just those side bolts loose because the whole RamBox is very tight in there with any bolts tightened. Glad it worked out for you!

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't recall much play with just those side bolts loose because the whole RamBox is very tight in there with any bolts tightened. Glad it worked out for you!

Interesting. Wonder if the tightness has to do with build date at all. He seemed to have quite a bit of wiggle, as he almost went too far at first.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I posted instructions on that a long time ago ;) Nothing like your procedure, which allow much more adjustment than the "in and out" of adjusting the lid screws.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
So what does the rebel without rambox come with? I have the bed utility group with only the cargo lights. I made dealer throw in the bed divider. Am I supposed to have a spray in liner? What’s out the step? Thanks.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From the brochure

BED UTILITY GROUP — Includes 4 adjustable tie-downs, bed extender (with RamBox® System only), LED pickup box lighting, spray-in bedliner (Tradesman, Big Horn and Laramie models only)

2019 RAM

QuasarZ

Reaction score
Why would the spray in liner be for only those models?

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up the divider today and instead it , shop around I got if from local dealer for $275

Did your divider come with what is needed for the divider use or does the truck need any thing else to use the divider?

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If one has a Laramie with no BUG and want to add the divider, any one know what part number will get what is needed just for that workable item?

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah... looking through the brochure it contradicts itself in a couple of places. But the divider itself appears to be a separate item and not included in the BUG.

Users who are viewing this thread