5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Known about the Bed Utility Group Options

Hondroid

Reaction score
How much was the BUG for your non-Ranbox bed? And compare that to the price of the BUG for the RAMbox setup which includes the divider. Was there much of a difference?
I ordered a non Ram Box Limited with BUG as an option for $100 CAD. It includes the adjustable tie down hooks and LED bed lights (which are already included with the Limited trim)

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpeg
    IMG_8789.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Chris

Reaction score
For those interested, the Divider for non-RamBox trucks with BUG is about $250 https://www.moparamerica.com/oem-parts/mopar-cargo-bed-divider-82215481

This may not be helpful for those that only agreed to the price at order if the divider was included, but RAM generally adds this cost to the option package price when it does get included (so if it was really included, the option would have cost at least $200 more). I'm not defending RAM's poor communication and advertising, but at least you can get the Divider for within $50 of what you would have paid if it came from the factory.

Larry Crim

Reaction score
So I posted this in another thread but here is my story, I purchased my truck prior to arrival when I looked a the window sticker online it said cargo management system, looked it up and it said bed extender was part of the 3 part package to include the rails, lights and bed extender. when I received the truck, no extender, dealer said it was an option that did not come with this truck. I told him according to their website it did. to make a long story short got nowhere with them so went to ramcare. after several back and forth emails I realized that while they removed it from the option and didn't remove it from the description and I was probably not charged for it. Further digging found out the package is only $440 for all 3. so with that I said I'd pay for it but as I expected it to be on the truck I want it. they told me to go to the dealer and price it. well it is $1200 at the dealer and not an option. to my amazement FCA agreed to pay for it if I purchased it. I offered to pay whatever it would have cost me initially just not the dealer price but they said order it and they would reimburse me. So with that I did but the dealer told me I had to order it in parts to get it all. came to $1397 well ordered it sent the receipt to FCA received a check, when the parts came the dealer was wrong, parts were already installed so had spare parts that I didn't need the only thing that did not come on it was the lock. Kept it and returned the rest. I offered to send the difference back but guess that was not worth it to them so used the difference to get the dropdown bed step, Cashed the check today, I consider this a win for all I had to go through to get it. PS the post hardware is still available from Mopar

mamun1024

Reaction score
I just got my 1500 with BUG. Last weekend I was trying to use the bed extender and found out I can't use the extender, missing the latches. After seeing some of you guys posts on this, I contacted my dealer about the missing latches and the bed step (I ordered the bed step from mopar already by this time). The response was similar to you guys, yes to the extender latches, no for the bed step. Here's what he wrote back with.

"I can help with the bed extender latches. The step however wasnt available when your truck was built. So the factory never charged you for one. That will reflect on your window sticker"

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my 1500 with BUG. Last weekend I was trying to use the bed extender and found out I can't use the extender, missing the latches. After seeing some of you guys posts on this, I contacted my dealer about the missing latches and the bed step (I ordered the bed step from mopar already by this time). The response was similar to you guys, yes to the extender latches, no for the bed step. Here's what he wrote back with.

"I can help with the bed extender latches. The step however wasnt available when your truck was built. So the factory never charged you for one. That will reflect on your window sticker"
That’s half-true. The BUG was originally advertised to include the step, and the price was changing every few minutes (no exaggeration) as FCA was working things out with their suppliers. In the end, they used the “late availability” excuse to avoid supplying the bed step...even though I’m sure we paid for it. But they did pony up the extender hardware.

ecb12

Reaction score
What is everyone using the bed rails for? Are there any aftermarket attachments for it? Any mopar parts that use it? Only thing I can think of it is used for is the movable tie down cleats. It would be nice if other accessories fit into the BUG rails.

ClancyO

Reaction score
What is everyone using the bed rails for? Are there any aftermarket attachments for it? Any mopar parts that use it? Only thing I can think of it is used for is the movable tie down cleats. It would be nice if other accessories fit into the BUG rails.

On my Titan, unistrut cone nuts fit perfectly in the rails making it simple to adapt ANYTHING! I'm curious if they fit in the mopar rails.

mamun1024

Reaction score
That’s half-true. The BUG was originally advertised to include the step, and the price was changing every few minutes (no exaggeration) as FCA was working things out with their suppliers. In the end, they used the “late availability” excuse to avoid supplying the bed step...even though I’m sure we paid for it. But they did pony up the extender hardware.
The sticker shows $545 for the BUG. Just looked on RAM site, the current price on it is $445! Doesn't say the bed step is included in it though.

Bed Utility Group
$445
INCLUDES:
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
LED Bed Lighting
Truck Bed Cargo Divider (Unavailable with some configurations)

*Edite for Limited models

Last edited:

Chris

Reaction score
On the non-Rambox models, the Bed Divider attaches directly to the Bed Rail (and requires the Bed Rail). It is also incompatible with many bed/tonneau covers, such as the Bakflip MX4, as I learned the hard way.

Keep in mind that the Bed Rails are actually pretty chintzy; they attach using rivet nuts at a torque of just 7 foot-pounds; I used a torque wrench that I didn't realize wouldn't "click" below 15 foot-pounds, and broke the very first screw/bolt by applying 10 ft-lbs to it. If 10 ft-lbs snaps the screw/bolt, I can only imagine it won't take much weight in accessories or attachments to rip the whole bed rail off.

ecb12

Reaction score
From the pictures of the bed divider that I've seen it adds a whole entire extra rail system on top of the factory rails. That seems crazy to me.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The sticker shows $545 for the BUG. Just looked on RAM site, the current price on it is $445! Doesn't say the bed step is included in it though.

Bed Utility Group
$445
INCLUDES:
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
LED Bed Lighting
Truck Bed Cargo Divider (Unavailable with some configurations)

*Edite for Limited models
My BUG was $395 when quoted, $445 when ordered (both of which were stated to include the step), and $545 by the time I received a VIN (which matched the price that eventually ended up on the window sticker). FWIW, the overall MSRP of my truck went up $1,165 during that same period.

EjWirick

Reaction score
I have the divider, but the hardware required to use the divider for the extender functionality is no longer available.
Hello,
It is still available, I had my Parts Dept order it and I just installed it. Works like a champ!!

Eyecutter98

Reaction score
So I didn’t care if I got the BUG but it was on the truck I wanted/could find with other options. Sticker says $445 for it. It’s a non ram box limited 4x4. Is it just rails with adjustable tie downs? For $445? Dealer says no divider or extender included. Is that correct?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I didn’t care if I got the BUG but it was on the truck I wanted/could find with other options. Sticker says $445 for it. It’s a non ram box limited 4x4. Is it just rails with adjustable tie downs? For $445? Dealer says no divider or extender included. Is that correct?
I was surprised to find out the divider doesn’t come with the bed utility group, at least on non rambox trucks. I ended up buying a ratcheting divider bar instead of paying the high cost of the cargo divider.

Bjansma

Reaction score
the BUG comes with a spray in bedliner, adjustable tie down rails, and box lighting it costs $845

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
On my Titan, unistrut cone nuts fit perfectly in the rails making it simple to adapt ANYTHING! I'm curious if they fit in the mopar rails.
This is a good question. Anyone know if the unistrut stuff will fit in these rails? I have been exploring uses with this and thinking about making the bicycles stand up in the bed with it for transport.

ClancyO

Reaction score
I just put a cone but in my center console. I need to visit the dealer soon, and I’ll walk the lot to find a truck with the BUG and check it out myself..

ClancyO

Reaction score
Ix-nay on the cone nut idea. Perhaps if you take the end caps off (looked like more than a simple job). The channel width is too narrow for the base of of the cone nut.

27346 6774B9D7-9E5A-455F-BF4F-3866156EB064.jpeg

27347 9DF0915E-35A5-483A-9E73-1B48412B6CA5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread