5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone do for a living?

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Spent the first 12 years as a Union pipeline welder, then the last 14 as a R&D welder, Machinist, Reverse Engineering, Metrology Engineer for a Business Aerospace Company. Just finished getting my Master Barber license back so I can dip on the corporate world and focus a little more on the personal business of vintage/modern Flat Track Motorcycles

TittoPollito

Reaction score
You have my attention. Show us some work when you get going. Congratulations!
Currently its just been some Champion, CRF100F/XR100, and Trackmaster parts, peg mounts, brake arms, steering stems etc. We are currently building a 7/8 scale Champion HON2 Frame to run CRF100 and small sub125cc two stroke engines. I also design and produce tooling and molds for pegs/covers for one of the rubber guys. This is the XS650 w/ VMC frame I am working on for a couple friends, they are the 2022 AHRMA super singles champions. I will upload a few more pics when I get home as most of them are taken with a camera vs cell phone.

Attachments

• IMG_9663.jpg
    IMG_9663.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 36

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently its just been some Champion, CRF100F/XR100, and Trackmaster parts, peg mounts, brake arms, steering stems etc. We are currently building a 7/8 scale Champion HON2 Frame to run CRF100 and small sub125cc two stroke engines. I also design and produce tooling and molds for pegs/covers for one of the rubber guys. This is the XS650 w/ VMC frame I am working on for a couple friends, they are the 2022 AHRMA super singles champions. I will upload a few more pics when I get home as most of them are taken with a camera vs cell phone.
Very cool! Looking forward to updates. Thanks!

krazyboi

Reaction score
One of the IT supervisors in a company that does autonomous driving systems for agriculture, various plastic films, radar systems, and aerospace balloons. (Yup, quite diverse. Lots of IT challenges.) Loooooong ways from retirement.
Looking at that description, I have a feeling your company makes Macy's parade balloons? I worked for a small company in VA that was bought out by that company located in Sioux Falls.

I work in Cybersecurity for a DoD contractor.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Three years retired after teaching Industrial Arts/Technology Education for 34 years. Spend my time fishing, hunting, crabbing, tinkering around garage/shop, and watching grandkids now.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at that description, I have a feeling your company makes Macy's parade balloons? I worked for a small company in VA that was bought out by that company located in Sioux Falls.

I work in Cybersecurity for a DoD contractor.

Cybersecurity is a good field to be in right now. Not that its any of my business, but I bet doubly so for you, being a contractor, and one for the Feds, no less.

We used to make some of the balloons, you’re correct. I believe we stopped doing it after the 2019 parade, however.

We are now part of CNH (Case New Holland) as of November/December 2021, meaning lots of changes are afoot. Mostly good ones so far.

Choate

Reaction score
Trading Surveillance at Charles Schwab. I review alerts from people possibly trying to manipulate stock prices. Not as interesting as it sounds lol. Decent $

Users who are viewing this thread