5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here is how it looks with DRL set to turn signals:

View attachment 188720
Looks good, how did you get that to work?

Reason I ask, slightly on topic, I have my XB signature lights wired to switch and when they're off the turn signal will hyperflash after a few seconds and stop working completely. Wonder if you can just have the amber without the white. I came from halogen though an it looks like you started with LED

billfraley

Reaction score
You like these over the stock led setup?
Far better than the reflector LEDs, but the Limited/Longhorn are still better than these. I previously owned a '20 Longhorn, so I have used both. My original plan was to do a Limited/Longhorn front end swap, but the deal on these lights was too good to pass up. These are a good alternative at the right price.

billfraley

Reaction score

Reason I ask, slightly on topic, I have my XB signature lights wired to switch and when they're off the turn signal will hyperflash after a few seconds and stop working completely. Wonder if you can just have the amber without the white. I came from halogen though an it looks like you started with LED
Well, I had LEDs from the factory. So I did not have to wire anything extra. However, I am sure there is a way to get them working properly. I had a 22 Jeep Gladiator and I added some aftermarket headlights with signature lighting. I was able to determine the signature lighting circuit in the harness and wired them just like OEM. Then I just had to enable the feature in the BCM. If we know the connector number we could easily look this up.

I am an engineer as my occupation, so I am used to reverse engineering to solve problems.

billfraley

Reaction score

Also, I bet if you disable the debugging setting for the turn signals, or set them to LED, it would stop them from getting disabled.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nicely done! I like the slim low-profile look of your bracket design. Very similar look to my CLA brackets by GODZ, but these are slimmer and offer more of a sleek appearance.
I debated on getting the GODZ MFG just could not fork up that money for a bent piece of metal I felt I could do myself. They are nice though and one thing I like about the GODZ is the zip tie tie down that comes built into them but I may drill a hole and add that to mine as well.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I debated on getting the GODZ MFG just could not fork up that money for a bent piece of metal I felt I could do myself. They are nice though and one thing I like about the GODZ is the zip tie tie down that comes built into them but I may drill a hole and add that to mine as well.
Agreed. You definitely could drill a hole and throw a zip tie through them. GODZ is pricey, but their stuff is excellent quality. At the same time, I’m all for making something on my own when I have the means to do it. Anybody can buy fancy aftermarket parts and accessories. It takes skill to create your own, and to me that’s way more rewarding. 👍🏼

Drumnut14

Reaction score
Looking at your profile picture looks like you don't live in AZ,
Any AZ filks --- do you know of a touchless carwash in the Chandler/Tempe/Gilbert area?
Kelley Car Wash- Chandler off Riggs & McQueen, 2 of them, they do good enough job.

Users who are viewing this thread