5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Changed oil and filter. My new filter wrench didn't work out very good. I need to go in another direction. Worst vehicle I ever had for making a mess while changing oil. rotated tires, mounted an amp, and installed catch can. View attachment 187517
Who is that catch can from? The hoses are much nicer than other kits I've seen.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who is that catch can from? The hoses are much nicer than other kits I've seen.
May need to use a different vacuum.hose than provided

PQY Oil Catch Can Baffled Oil Separator Tank 6oz for Trucks Compatible with Dodge Challenger Ram 1500 2500 5.7L 6.4L Hemi 09-on Black Amazon.com

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yesterday:
the gamble i took previous night with the truck paid off.
IMG_6330-Edit.jpg
My Ram and I woke up on the opposite side of the glacier
IMG_6286-Pano.jpg IMG_6333.jpg
Obligatory Boogielander decal lol
IMG_6368.jpg
Then my Ram and I saw the third glacier of this trip, with a waterfall forming from the melting ice
IMG_6413.jpg
Then we stopped by Hyder, AK. Probably the most remote town in the USA reachable by a vehicle with wheels.
IMG_6452.jpg
Ended the day by camping at a lake side campsite recommended by my campsite neighbor the night before.

as usual, more details in my build thread.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed a new skid plate system from GODZMFG. Kit includes an engine/diff skid plate, a transmission skid plate, and optional catalytic convertor shields as well (not shown). These plates are offered in both steel and aluminum versions and I went the aluminum.

Install was pretty straightforward, but I am working on an installation guide for GODZ since this is technically their first kit from post production. I'll drop a separate thread with that guide once complete.

All in all, I think this is a pretty sweet setup. It offers underbody protection where needed, but still allows access to handle most basic maintenance and routine service items without the need to remove the entire system. I do wish it offered additional protection from the bottom of the front bumper, back to the crossmember, but aside from that opportunity, I think this is a great solution for both on and off road.

Last thing to note is that it is only compatible with factory frames and crossmembers. It will not work with drop bracket style lifts.

img_4197-jpeg.187634

img_4466-jpeg.187635

img_4468-jpeg.187637

Spent the later half of the day hanging with my son. He turns two at the end of the month, and while this was originally meant to be a surprise for him on his birthday, my wife and I decided to give it to him early. Safe to say he is also a Ram fan! Got to start them young!

2AD16521-490F-41B8-A414-5128DEF86A5E.jpeg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed a new skid plate system from GODZMFG. Kit includes an engine/diff skid plate, a transmission skid plate, and optional catalytic convertor shields as well (not shown). These plates are offered in both steel and aluminum versions and I went the aluminum.

Install was pretty straightforward, but I am working on an installation guide for GODZ since this is technically their first kit from post production. I'll drop a separate thread with that guide once complete.

All in all, I think this is a pretty sweet setup. It offers underbody protection where needed, but still allows access to handle most basic maintenance and routine service items without the need to remove the entire system. I do wish it offered additional protection from the bottom of the front bumper, back to the crossmember, but aside from that opportunity, I think this is a great solution for both on and off road.

Last thing to note is that it is only compatible with factory frames and crossmembers. It will not work with drop bracket style lifts.

img_4197-jpeg.187634

img_4466-jpeg.187635

img_4468-jpeg.187637

Spent the later half of the day hanging with my son. He turns two at the end of the month, and while this was originally meant to be a surprise for him on his birthday, my wife and I decided to give it to him early. Safe to say he is also a Ram fan! Got to start them young!

View attachment 187881
Heck yea that’s awesome I bet he loves it! Any plans on modifying it for him 😂????

My father in law is a big mopar guy has a 4th gen 2500 currently and he does custom paint work.

Here is what he did for my boys to take to shows. 1 off ram with custom pearl paint, pin striping ,blacked out wheels/grill and badges a gooseneck car hauler style trailer and 2 custom pedal cars!

IMG_3969.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heck yea that’s awesome I bet he loves it! Any plans on modifying it for him 😂????

My father in law is a big mopar guy has a 4th gen 2500 currently and he does custom paint work.

Here is what he did for my boys to take to shows. 1 off ram with custom pearl paint, pin striping ,blacked out wheels/grill and badges a gooseneck car hauler style trailer and 2 custom pedal cars!

View attachment 187882
Haha, now that is awesome! Yeah, I'm already getting ideas with his. I see some auxiliary lighting and some underglow in his future lol. Once he gets the hang of driving it on his own, we'll look at upgrading the battery to give him a little more juice!

Jedi9

Reaction score
May need to use a different vacuum.hose than provided

PQY Oil Catch Can Baffled Oil Separator Tank 6oz for Trucks Compatible with Dodge Challenger Ram 1500 2500 5.7L 6.4L Hemi 09-on Black Amazon.com
Thats the one, someone else had put one on, maybe yourself. The ends caps are pretty cool looking but once you get them on its about impossible to put the hose barb in them. I put them on at the can only. I used the hose that came with it. I did have to move the filter media to the intake side that goes to the PCV valve to orient it correctly, ,otherwise I could've just as well crossed the vacuum lines to accomplish the same thing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

img_4197-jpeg.187634

img_4466-jpeg.187635

img_4468-jpeg.187637

View attachment 187881
Looks like some nice protection from them. With a few different front bumper options on the Rams, it's hard for companies to make a skid plate that goes from the bumper to the front cross member. It would be multiple different styles. And then if you ever change I an aftermarket bumper it wouldn't work for that.

Jedi9

Reaction score
A lot of the aftermarket bumpers do have skids available that will get you to the front crossmemember

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the aftermarket bumpers do have skids available that will get you to the front crossmemember
I wouldn't say a "lot", but yes, there are some that offer it. When I was looking the only one I found that offered it was Rough Country. I know Vice Design has an option now as well.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I get that entirely. Too many inconsistent variables with the bumpers and then you add the whole active air dam situation (if equipped) on top of it. But it is a really nice option by GODZ. Fitment was spot on with the factory mounting points that it uses. They typically play in the 2500 space, so it is nice to see them showing the 1500 community some love too.

Users who are viewing this thread