5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

mplaramie

Reaction score
Used 3-IN-ONE RVcare Rubber Seal Conditioner on my panoramic sunroof to alleviate the squeaks. 1 hour later my sunroof started shaking like crazy when opening and I have to help it close by pushing it while holding the close button. Otherwise it moves about 2 inches and stops. It started happening about 1 hour after I sprayed, so in my mind it is directly related.
I used some silicone spray the next day and some lithium grease but it still shakes like crazy and barely moves.
Has anyone experienced this issue?
Any tip on how to fix it? I am out of warranty.
Have you tried to reset the sunroof?

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I have no idea what the mechanism looks like for the sunroof, but if it's a drive wheel that relies on friction to push the sunroof forward, then it could be that the lubricant has made it too slippery to get a grip (to push it). Not sure how you'd fix it, though.
I'd be surprised if something actually broke due to what you did.
Good point,
I will leave it alone for a few days and maybe run a little bit of water to flush out some of the product.
It is worth trying
thanks

Adjutant

Reaction score
Added the SKT Customs lower grille kit specifically designed for Strands Siberia QB pods. These are the same pods I'm running up on my A pillars and nearly identical to the chase light setup I have in the rear. I love the uniformity and how everything ties together. The blacked out appearance of the pods also offers a clean and sleek look in my opinion.

While doing the install, I also decided to re-do all of the wiring to my switch panel because I was never fully content with the job that I did the first time around. I was able to clean up my wiring tremendously which future me will certainly appreciate if I ever decide to make additional changes down the line.

The SKT kit fit like a glove. Awesome quality and the level of adjustability this kit allows for makes it extremely painless to aim and align the pod lights.

View attachment 182327
View attachment 182328
View attachment 182329
Man, I LOVE the way you have your truck set up. Its perfect!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not today but I accidentally topped off with 91 into my 3/4 tank full of 89 because i was dead tired and didn't realize I brought the truck not my other car that requires 91.
Noticed my MPG went up about 0.5 MPG after another 1/4 tank.

the routes were the same, traffic pattern was the same, weather was the same as before.
weird.

also, not a discussion about 89 vs 91. just reporting my findings through the "accident"

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nice choice! Those look killer. Y'all are making me want wheels, again 😅

not today but I accidentally topped off with 91 into my 3/4 tank full of 89 because i was dead tired and didn't realize I brought the truck not my other car that requires 91.
Noticed my MPG went up about 0.5 MPG after another 1/4 tank.

the routes were the same, traffic pattern was the same, weather was the same as before.
weird.

also, not a discussion about 89 vs 91. just reporting my findings through the "accident"

I know it's overkill, but I always use 91 😅

disarm

Reaction score
Hope you can share some photos soon.

By request...Bakflip MX4 on my 2024 Limited with Rambox and MFT...

The installation was pretty easy... spent more time changing the bed rails (black to silver) than installing the actual cover. Loving the upgrade in looks and functionality over the Mopar soft tonneau though!
49351b2670f005251923615cac3d7a0f.jpg
dd8357e6857f85ba1d7fe13c8c13e65b.jpg
fec4415a0e9a303990e41af91aa2157a.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the spark plugs 96k on the dash.
IMG_7748.jpeg
IMG_7749.jpeg
Overall an easy job but the 4th from the firewall sits right under the booster so I used a spark plug 5/8 and 2 extensions to fish the plug out.
IMG_7750.jpeg
IMG_7752.jpeg
IMG_7751.jpeg
GEARWRENCH 3/8" Drive 6 Pt. 5/8"... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014ZVSVK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This swivel socket was a life saver.

After the swap out the truck feels more responsive, hoping to pick up some mpg 🤞.

Attachments

• IMG_7751.jpeg
    IMG_7751.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

CorRam

Reaction score
Ever had to service brakes with that linkswell? Seen you have to put factory radio back in to disable parking brake when doing rear brakes and linkswell doesn't have way to do so. That would suck having to put back factory then changing back. Unless there's a way to totally disable it then put the linkswell in
They added the note on their website about the lack of a service brake setting after I asked about it. They apologized to me and offered a return or a discount. I took the discount and will have to reinstall the factory radio to service the rear brakes in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread