5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

mzflorida

Reaction score
Got a case number from Ramcares for my leaky back window 🤞. Still on the fence whether I'm gonna buy out this lease, or find something else next week. Loan rates are nauseating compared to what they were a few years ago.
Hi. New to Ram. Is this a common issue? I discovered that I have a minor leak on the rear right-side window also.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was just across the border in BC and was paying $1.98 CAD/L. Using this calculator, it converts to $5.39 USD/G. Basically, California prices.

View attachment 182529
I stand corrected. Although $0.73 is the Bank of Canada rate, it’s not what the bank converts the dollar to us. We lose about $0.03 more on the dollar.
Based on that likely closer to $6.09 per US gal.

Last edited:

TSL

Reaction score
Not today but within the last couple weeks. Picked up 3 weaned lambs for my small pasture. I would just like to report that getting lamb poop off the factory spray-in bed-lined was absolutely no fun whatsoever :-(
Because I have a cap on the bed ( RSI Smartcap in my case ), getting in there with a pressure washer really wasn't an option ( I would be splattered head to toe and it would be all over the cap as well probably ).
So... garden hose and a bucket of water with Dawn dish-soap and a scrubbing brush it was. What a bother ! Although I guess it only took me 10 or 15 mins all told, and you wouldn't know anything happened now ! I'll use my utility trailer next time I think.

Attachments

• 20240413_172843.jpg
    20240413_172843.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 81

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not today but within the last couple weeks. Picked up 3 weaned lambs for my small pasture. I would just like to report that getting lamb poop off the factory spray-in bed-lined was absolutely no fun whatsoever :-(
Because I have a cap on the bed ( RSI Smartcap in my case ), getting in there with a pressure washer really wasn't an option ( I would be splattered head to toe and it would be all over the cap as well probably ).
So... garden hose and a bucket of water with Dawn dish-soap and a scrubbing brush it was. What a bother ! Although I guess it only took me 10 or 15 mins all told, and you wouldn't know anything happened now ! I'll use my utility trailer next time I think.
i wonder what went through their minds being loaded in a cap with no windows lol

CorRam

Reaction score
Cool yeah that's the only thing that's kind of holding me back from purchasing the linkswell xl for my ram. Which I could do my back brakes then install the linkswell since it would be 3 or 4 yrs before I'd have to service them again. It's jus the rear brakes correct? You don't have to disable the electronic brake if you service your front brakes do you? Linkswell did send me an email back after I had asked them what that message meant and they did tell me there engineer's are working to try and get that brake service feature on the next generation modles that come out. I really like the big screen and I really like that it has rca sub outputs on it like a after market radio usually has plus better EQ settings and sub level outputs on it instead of having to use a line out converter to install after market sub and amps
Yes just the rear brakes. I plan on installing a sub in the future. It has extra camera inputs so I installed a front camera which works good. Overall I'm happy with it but I do have a few minor gripes:
The screen is hard to see from the side with sunglasses on, didn't have that issue with the factory screen.
The backup camera glitches sometimes.
When I switch to the climate controls they only stay on screen a short time then revert back to the main screen. I would rather have it let me switch it manually.

Renatboost

Reaction score
How many actually use Auto Park?
I find it incredibly hard to get it to accept open parking spots.
Have tried using it just for fun. Accepts a parking spot about every 4th or 5th try. Can’t see a need for it

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wasn’t this weekend but I changed the OEM Vossen center caps (second picture) with the new Modular Billet Caps (first picture) they look so much better to me now personally.

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4707.jpeg
    IMG_4707.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5221.jpeg
    IMG_5221.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 73

BigGsc

Reaction score
Worst is when I forget to turn it off and try to back up my boat. Scared the crap out of me the first time. Thought I hit something.

Same exact thing happened to me the first time. Definitely startling!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have tried using it just for fun. Accepts a parking spot about every 4th or 5th try. Can’t see a need for it
I tried it.
Too embarrassing seeing the cars lined up behind me on the street waiting for the Ram to do its thing!
After 50 years of driving and parallel parking, you get pretty good at it!
Ya…I know…I’m old. I consider myself “Seasoned”. 😎

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same with Trailer Reverse Steering. Majority of the time when activating it says that the trailer needs to be calibrated even though you literally just drove around immediately before doing that exact thing. Less hassle to just back up the old way and not even deal with the feature.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same with Trailer Reverse Steering. Majority of the time when activating it says that the trailer needs to be calibrated even though you literally just drove around immediately before doing that exact thing. Less hassle to just back up the old way and not even deal with the feature.
Agree.

My dad taught me, backing up tractors and trailers around the house when I was around 12 years old, that the trailer would move in the direction the bottom of the steering wheel was rotated towards. To this day, 50+ years later, I'm reminded of this lesson every time I back up a trailer.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the rear set of Bullring tie-down retractable hooks today. I used my friend’s Dremel, a box cutter, needle-nose pliers, and a rasp. It didn’t take long to install, and hopefully I’ll get a lot of use out of them.

Attachments

• IMG_6733.jpeg
    IMG_6733.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6734.jpeg
    IMG_6734.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 51

Users who are viewing this thread