5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added the SKT Customs lower grille kit specifically designed for Strands Siberia QB pods. These are the same pods I'm running up on my A pillars and nearly identical to the chase light setup I have in the rear. I love the uniformity and how everything ties together. The blacked out appearance of the pods also offers a clean and sleek look in my opinion.

While doing the install, I also decided to re-do all of the wiring to my switch panel because I was never fully content with the job that I did the first time around. I was able to clean up my wiring tremendously which future me will certainly appreciate if I ever decide to make additional changes down the line.

The SKT kit fit like a glove. Awesome quality and the level of adjustability this kit allows for makes it extremely painless to aim and align the pod lights.

View attachment 182327
View attachment 182328
View attachment 182329
How hard was it to remove the OEM lower grille and replace it with the SKT? Do you have to remove the bumper or…
Any pointers you can provide?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How hard was it to remove the OEM lower grille and replace it with the SKT? Do you have to remove the bumper or…
Any pointers you can provide?
Was just about to link the video @1BADRAMLIMITED posted above. Very straightforward to do. Some of the plastic clips can be a little stubborn, but overall not a difficult job.

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
She also has FB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_105239_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_105239_Facebook.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if the same is possible for stock rim caps? 🤔
All I did was provide her with the cap sizing I wanted and the text that I wanted engraved. Each wheel is obviously different, but with proper measurements, she could probably come up with some sort of solution.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well guys i have a little continuation on the fitcam I installed last summer.it help save a young lady from rape.hope this is the right site.if not I am very sorry(no offense).i was going to the gym.as I came to the light.i saw this guy jump in the little fountain .saw the big splash and he swam over to the other side..grab a young lady and proceeded to rape her.o_O.i was going over there to park to go inside and that happens.i grab my steel walking cane ..and told him "To get your F'n hands off her:mad:"..then he started to come towards me...i told him "Anytime,anytime".ran away down the street and grab(or try)another girlo_O.when the cops came I told them I have it on my"FITCAM":love:🥳🥳...keep close look to the right.you will see the perpetrator diving in and going across to the young lady standing there looking.little does she knows.....

Attachments

• PXL_20230611_013156861.jpg
    PXL_20230611_013156861.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20230611_013151484.jpg
    PXL_20230611_013151484.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 26

disarm

Reaction score
No pictures to share, but I removed my factory soft tonneau cover today, swapped bed rails (black to silver) and installed the BakFlip MX4. It looks great, seems to work well so far, and is a really nice upgrade over the Mopar cover. That said, the Mopar cover was nicer than I expected, but I just didn't like the raised look and not being able to uncover the front third of the bed without removing my whole cover.

The RealTrucks rep here on the forum deserves a shout out too...helped me with the order (which arrived in under a week) and gave a nice discount for being a 5th Gen Rams member!

JBarry

Reaction score
No pictures to share, but I removed my factory soft tonneau cover today, swapped bed rails (black to silver) and installed the BakFlip MX4. It looks great, seems to work well so far, and is a really nice upgrade over the Mopar cover. That said, the Mopar cover was nicer than I expected, but I just didn't like the raised look and not being able to uncover the front third of the bed without removing my whole cover.

The RealTrucks rep here on the forum deserves a shout out too...helped me with the order (which arrived in under a week) and gave a nice discount for being a 5th Gen Rams member!
Hope you can share some photos soon.

M3forged

Reaction score
Thanks! I've always liked the design of them, but absolutely fell in love with the look when I came across the wheels featured on Ken Block's YouTube channel where they installed them on a Sandblast edition TRX. I just had to copy lol.
Nice setup man. Looks better than what I've seen researching. I may steal the look too lol.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice setup man. Looks better than what I've seen researching. I may steal the look too lol.
Thanks! I'm not entirely sure, but have heard rumors that Black Rhino discontinued production on the Rapid wheels in this specific sizing (18x9.5 -18 offset). You might be able to find them in stock somewhere if you shop around though. If not, they do have this wheel available in several other sizes including 18x9 0 offset which should also fit the truck nicely.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Used 3-IN-ONE RVcare Rubber Seal Conditioner on my panoramic sunroof to alleviate the squeaks. 1 hour later my sunroof started shaking like crazy when opening and I have to help it close by pushing it while holding the close button. Otherwise it moves about 2 inches and stops. It started happening about 1 hour after I sprayed, so in my mind it is directly related.
I used some silicone spray the next day and some lithium grease but it still shakes like crazy and barely moves.
Has anyone experienced this issue?
Any tip on how to fix it? I am out of warranty.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Used 3-IN-ONE RVcare Rubber Seal Conditioner on my panoramic sunroof to alleviate the squeaks. 1 hour later my sunroof started shaking like crazy when opening and I have to help it close by pushing it while holding the close button. Otherwise it moves about 2 inches and stops. It started happening about 1 hour after I sprayed, so in my mind it is directly related.
I used some silicone spray the next day and some lithium grease but it still shakes like crazy and barely moves.
Mine did thar, dealer said the tracks were warped. They replaced them, But I was under warranty. But mine progressively got worse over time. Wasn't one of those things that was good one day and bad the next. I tried spraying silicone on the tracks and rollersz but it made no difference

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea what the mechanism looks like for the sunroof, but if it's a drive wheel that relies on friction to push the sunroof forward, then it could be that the lubricant has made it too slippery to get a grip (to push it). Not sure how you'd fix it, though.
I'd be surprised if something actually broke due to what you did.

Users who are viewing this thread