5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The average Joe cleans up after a road trip. This dude cleans up BEFORE!

Wouldn't be surprised if he had a (touchless) wash appointment or two along the journey all set up as well, along with a plan to take a vacation day upon return to clean up what the wash stations did. 🤦‍♂️
Ah….that sounds like something I do! 😎

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to plan ahead to swap them sooner than actually needed. Thanks for the insight.
When I buy a vehicle, whether new or used, one of the first things I do along with normal maintenance items like fluid/filter changes, is to remove the wheels and look for those stupid rotor retention screws. I remove them and throw them in the trash. Then I remove the rotor and apply a light coat of never-seeze to the inside of the rotor hub and also to the lugs.
You don't need to swap out the brakes, just throw away the assembly line holding screw and put never seize on the hub face and diameter.

You wouldn't believe this, but on other forums, people argue that you must put a screw back in the rotor at every brake job, even agonizing where to get it, since no regular parts store will have even a listing for the thing. This forum is reasonably intelligent thank goodness.

Like putting on hub centering rings on a lug centric wheel.
1708519486646.png

😄

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
You wouldn't believe this, but on other forums, people argue that you must put a screw back in the rotor at every brake job, even agonizing where to get it, since no regular parts store will have even a listing for the thing. This forum is reasonably intelligent thank goodness.

I'm convinced it's purely for the assembly line process. I imagine the caliper bracket, calipers, and pads get installed down the line from the rotors. Yeah I can definitely see the guy down the line not wanting a rotor to fall off the hub onto his foot. Sure makes for a headache miles down the road for us.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are certain situations where the retaining screw is a life saver, but not with these trucks. I drove various 80's-90's eurotrash over the years and all of them had lug bolts instead of studs. If you removed the wheel and did not use the retaining screw, the rotor would invariably get turned a little and the holes would get misaligned with the hub

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always find it interesting to see how people configure their EVIC display.
@JamRam kinda prompted this.
Everyone has a preference. Some don’t even know they can change it.
Here’s mine with a memorable moment to boot.
What’s your setup like? What do you consider important to monitor at a glance?

IMG_5205.jpeg

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The average Joe cleans up after a road trip. This dude cleans up BEFORE!

Wouldn't be surprised if he had a (touchless) wash appointment or two along the journey all set up as well, along with a plan to take a vacation day upon return to clean up what the wash stations did.

Oh I should plan to get fuel at stations with a car wash! Good thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 177378
I like to have the Speedometer in the middle of the display so that it stands out at a quick glance.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 177378
I think there is a whole thread about this somewhere. Been a while since I've seen it, and not going to search for it. I like to have DTE displayed. There is a clock on radio display. Don't need oil life percentage displayed all the time, I'd rather watch oil pressure. Easy enough to just flip to vehicle info screen if I want to check oil life. And really wasn't anything I needed for left hand vertical, so just left that as the menu bar PXL_20230930_020747968.jpg

Syrio

Reaction score
I think there is a whole thread about this somewhere. Been a while since I've seen it, and not going to search for it. I like to have DTE displayed. There is a clock on radio display. Don't need oil life percentage displayed all the time, I'd rather watch oil pressure. Easy enough to just flip to vehicle info screen if I want to check oil life. And really wasn't anything I needed for left hand vertical, so just left that as the menu bar View attachment 177382
Mine is very similar to yours. I don't particularly appreciate having MPG/L/100km on my screen because I can't do much about it. I only have the distance until empty on the right bar like yours. The middle display I typically leave on the screen that shows Oil Temp/Transmission Temp etc. I scroll down if I care to see my mileage and side to side to see my tire pressure. One glitch I hate about my 2019 ram is when I choose a theme for the gauge cluster/infotainment screen the theme does not stay on the gauge after the truck has sat for a while. It will only keep the theme on the infotainment system. I have to go back into the settings and set the theme again if I want it to show up on the gauge cluster again.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 177378
This is what I finally settled on. The best choice was to leave MPG off the screen, mainly since gas was over $4-5 a gal.
IMG_0579.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread