5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am still on the fence about jump packs.
Watched the testing by project farm. Not sure...
The AAA and others use ones costing close to 1K!

I bought a Noco Boost 45 when my battery died and left me stranded. I replaced my battery and haven't needed it but I've jumped started two neighbors cars (6.2 Escalade and range rover V8) with it and it had a 75% charge. I didn't realize that they bleed off power whike not used and need to be recharged about every 6-9 months.

I wasn't much of a believer before but I am now

Reaction score
upgraded the cluster from the base bighorn to the EVIC that infotainment wants 1200 for. i got one with 2k more on it than my truck for 180 bucks shipped so i drove it another 1975 mi got it ready to swap before i left for work and swapped it on the side of the road when i hit the number. i'm within a 10th of a mile on the odometer lol.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I have a GB40 I use to keep in my Charger was awesome. In my truck I have the GB70 has saved a few people and Ive even before to jump both Diesel work truck and equipment and fits out of site in a case in the floor-bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have two of these. One in my Ram, and one in my step son's truck. Have used the several times to ju o other vehicles. The work great
Nexpow 2000A Peak 18000mAh Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087LRFYDB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mainly waiting on battery blanket as well as other parts to show up so I just gotta disconnect one more time. Im off for the week so I wont be goin anywhere except up the road to the gym. Trust me I’ll get changed before too long for-sure. I never remember my uconnect settings or cluster so I rather only do it once. Found potential culprit left my heated lunch box connected even though Ive done that before and barely drains it so now Ill just give it a try again to see if it occurs again.

Makes sense.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Knowing my luck as soon as I swap it i’ll get a shipping notification. So I’ll hold off for a few days unless I need it.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used this.
M18™ Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/4" Hex Compact Impact
Puts out over 100 pound feet of torque if you believe the manufacturer

My ex. used to wonder why I needed a two thousand dollar mig welder? well for times like this.
That ESAB has payed for her self over the years.
hmm interesting.
we use the M18 Impact Wrench and DeWalt 20V Impact Wrench at the shop for 3/8. I prefer the DeWalt ones since i'm more used to them lol

oh yeah i totally get it. good tools pay for themselves over time.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Installed Eibach 2.0 coil overs in the front with Mopar lift kit upper control arms. Went with a dizzying 0.5 inch lift for now, would go higher but need to schedule an alignment and want everything to settle, also new tires will determine the final lift. Glad I went with Mopar lift uca's, the Eibachs were a couple inches longer than the stock strut (making them go in required 4 letter words) and at full extention would really stress the stock uca ball joint. The picture shows the collar almost at it's lowest setting and that was exactly stock ride height
20240218_131549.jpg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a battery ratchet? I've got the Dewalt 1/4" impact and it works great, but too many places I can't get it into.

BowDown

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a battery ratchet? I've got the Dewalt 1/4" impact and it works great, but too many places I can't get it into.

I’ve got this on my next tool purchase list. For the exact reason you mention, not being able to reach certain places. The reviews in YT are pretty interesting. View attachment 177181

That's the one I have and it works great. If you watch HomeDepot, they have deals from time to time; right now they have that tool with a buy more and save promo.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 161548.png

Screenshot 2024-02-18 162324.png

The tool only is $249 and you can buy this battery charger with 2 Red Lithium batteries for $79 normally $199. After the $100 off from buy more and save, you get the tool, charger and 2 batteries for $328

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the one I have and it works great. If you watch HomeDepot, they have deals from time to time; right now they have that tool with a buy more and save promo.

View attachment 177184

View attachment 177185

The tool only is $249 and you can buy this battery charger with 2 Red Lithium batteries for $79 normally $199. After the $100 off from buy more and save, you get the tool, charger and 2 batteries for $328
Good looking out man! I’m always looking for deals. I guess I take after my Mom aka Coupon Suzie🤣🤣🤣

The M12 Insider ratchet is a bit different than the one you listed. It has a slimmer, pass through head. Comes with the sockets that pass through also for ultra slim places. And has adapter heads for 3/8 or 1/4 sockets.

BowDown

Reaction score
Good looking out man! I’m always looking for deals. I guess I take after my Mom aka Coupon Suzie🤣🤣🤣

The M12 Insider ratchet is a bit different than the one you listed. It has a slimmer, pass through head. Comes with the sockets that pass through also for ultra slim places. And has adapter heads for 3/8 or 1/4 sockets.
Me too on saving $$. I follow this thread on garage journal

They always post deals they find, cost me a few dollars on black Friday

I see that now, interesting. Mines the 2650 3/8" drive. The insider has a pass through head like you mentioned vs a regular drive head.
Bet that one doesn't go on sale soon

Last edited:

caleblyon

Reaction score
Had a 2" level installed today by Lucky's Autosports and Offroad in Lexingon, KY. Rough Country 2" N3 Leveling Struts. I could definitely tell a difference in the ride quality just on the way home.

View attachment 175782 View attachment 175783
How much did Luckys charge you for install? I’m thinking about ordering these for my 2020 Big Horn and don’t mind putting them in myself but if the price is right… haha

Users who are viewing this thread