5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

K_Hub

Reaction score
As I always state, my last change to the stance of the truck.

I put in all 4 ORP springs and reinstalled the 5100 shocks on setting #5 to provide a total of 3” lift in the front and 1” lift in the rear vs stock. Also installed Zone UCAs and had 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeaks put on which led to a small amount of trimming of the front husky mudflaps while waiting in line for alignment. The UCA is pretty damn close to the tire so I’m putting BORA spacers (.375” and .5”) on front and rear tomorrow for peace of mind.

Plugged into Alfaobd yesterday and got the speedometer dead on in short order and 2 miles of driving to test. Overall, I’m happy with the look and ride. For speedometer calibration I found a route that worked for me the first time. I pulled the circumference setting from the BCM, then calculated the variance of the trucks gps speed vs the speedometer by percentage and changed the circumference by the same percentage. Worked like a charm without having to play with the number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
34124b27747aa313a73db79ffcdabd18.jpg

Davidbt

Reaction score
Gave it a good bath today finally. Got back from our trip to Mississippi last Friday and washed the trailer first. View attachment 169921 View attachment 169922 Also went by the dealership yesterday to have them look at an oil leak. When I get my matching spare wheel, I'll have them do a oil change and tire rotation, and then they can see what's up with the oil leak while it's on the rack.
Today I pulled it up into the garage and cleaned up the interior. I always feel so much better when he's all cleaned up.

JOzzz

Reaction score
I put this on my Christmas list for my wife and kids. Did you happen to take any pictures of your wiring, front to back? You stated under the passenger's side. Was that under the carpet? under the door jams? Just trying to learn the easiest/best way because I will probably be installing mine after Christmas in 30-degree weather.

I didn’t but I just popped off the door sills, lifted the carpet tabs and tucked it under the carpet and popped everything back together. Removed the weatherstripping on the front and back doors until I could tuck it in the kickplates.

If you check out Waterfowler’s install video, I pretty much did the same except went along the floor instead of the roof. I just wanted to use up that extra cord so I didn’t have to stow it anywhere.

Ccroce

Reaction score

I put in all 4 ORP springs and reinstalled the 5100 shocks on setting #5 to provide a total of 3” lift in the front and 1” lift in the rear vs stock. Also installed Zone UCAs and had 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeaks put on which led to a small amount of trimming of the front husky mudflaps while waiting in line for alignment. The UCA is pretty damn close to the tire so I’m putting BORA spacers (.375” and .5”) on front and rear tomorrow for peace of mind.

Plugged into Alfaobd yesterday and got the speedometer dead on in short order and 2 miles of driving to test. Overall, I’m happy with the look and ride. For speedometer calibration I found a route that worked for me the first time. I pulled the circumference setting from the BCM, then calculated the variance of the trucks gps speed vs the speedometer by percentage and changed the circumference by the same percentage. Worked like a charm without having to play with the number.

I just calibrated mine using the RC inline one yesterday. Very easy to do - typed in old tire size and new tire size and loaded it into the device, then plugged the device into the speedo and was good to go. Dead on without having to redo anything. Was concerned I did it wrong because it was so easy, but I called them and they said that’s how it’s suppsed to work.

Ccroce

Reaction score
Many of you in the US (excluding Alaska and many northern states)are lightweights when it comes to snow.
Where I grew up in Saskatchewan 🇨🇦, Winter was like 6 months long. So cold you could break your door handle off just pulling on it too hard. Sitting on your cushy drivers seat was like sitting on a solid church pew. We got so much snow you couldn’t see your neighbour and at times you’d have to call someone to shovel out your front door due to snow drifts. Being such flat land in the prairies, the wind would just howl and polish the roads to a fine sheen of ice. Whiteouts were quite a commonly occurrence.
Trust me…at 65, I’ve been through a few winters and have a pretty good idea of how to deal with winter, winter drivers and driving conditions.
I’d never chastise someone for being cautious in poor driving conditions. People have to get places for a multitude of reasons and not all have the option to simply stay home. They’re likely cautious because they likely don’t have the experience to understand how to react, or how their vehicle reacts in poor conditions. I’ll take their slow cautiousness over an overconfident, driving to fast for conditions, idiot any day!
I live a couple hours south of Buffalo and we get hammered with lake effect and often ice. We're pretty rural, and don't have freeways, but I've never seen anyone in the ditch because they were going to slow. It's the guys in a hurry that get in trouble. I agree completely. It hurts nobody to slow down a little and drive for the conditions at hand.
Amen from Boston.

JOzzz

Reaction score

I’ve been real happy with the Wildpeaks on my Rebel. One of the smoothest truck tires I’ve had. At about 45,000 miles now and they still have about 40% tread left.

Ccroce

Reaction score
I’ve been real happy with the Wildpeaks on my Rebel. One of the smoothest truck tires I’ve had. At about 45,000 miles now and they still have about 40% tread left.

Great tires up here in the north. You see them on a lot of trucks. I got KO2s, but didn’t like the wet traction or fuel mileage. Sold them on FB and switched to Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 and have been very happy so far. Touring all-season tires are obviously much different than ATs, but ride quality and reponsiveness has improved dramatically. They look like a huge bummer though LOL.

mynameisante

Reaction score
Just got these for $21.99 on Amazon.

https://a.co/d/biOLVwO

They’re $25.99 now but very similar to the Weathertech’s I’ve had on my last two Rams, at a fraction of the price. I’ll post some install pics tomorrow.

Just put them in my wishlist. Gonna order them next week when my weekly budget renews. Thanks for the find!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took a little detour on the way home from picking up my new rear bumper. Rural Nebraska minimum maintenance roads FTW.

Attachments

• PXL_20231026_230537319.jpg
    PXL_20231026_230537319.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 108
  • PXL_20231026_230550441.jpg
    PXL_20231026_230550441.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20231026_230604124.jpg
    PXL_20231026_230604124.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 108
  • PXL_20231026_230926370.jpg
    PXL_20231026_230926370.jpg