5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys with the Ramboxes on your trucks. So i couldn't find it anywhere online or in the literature but i considered it to be a logical thing for them to shut off when you close the lid. so i put my phone in there and filmed it to prove it to myself hahaha

Thank you for your efforts lmao

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the GoRhino E1 boards on my Rebel this week. I waited wayyyyy too long to pick up a set of drop down boards. My kids love them and they make the truck look a bit taller than my original boards did.

b0b0865adbf31d4144e096884a72d5f4.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the GoRhino E1 boards on my Rebel this week. I waited wayyyyy too long to pick up a set of drop down boards. My kids love them and they make the truck look a bit taller than my original boards did.

b0b0865adbf31d4144e096884a72d5f4.jpg

The more I see them the more I like the retractable running boards. Especially with the new front bumper I have and the overbite look it gives with factory running boards that hang down all the time.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buffed some white paint off the front passenger fender forward of the tire.
Wife slightly swiped the side of the garage while backing in... Grrrrrrrrrrr 🤬

White buffed off but the truck now has a dime sized touch up paint spot. Grrrrrrr 🤬

At least it wasn't me. 🤣🤣

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Swapped the mirror and added auto high beam. Removed front Motofab spacer and installed rough country M1 coilovers and rear M1 shocks. Had a ball joint on my mopar lifted UCAs failing so swapped with rough country UCAs. Truck drives so much better now. The bad ball joint was wobbling around so much I don’t know how it didn’t break free.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpeg
    IMG_0602.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0605.jpeg
    IMG_0605.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 62

Wirerat

Reaction score
Swapped the mirror and added auto high beam. Removed front Motofab spacer and installed rough country M1 coilovers and rear M1 shocks. Had a ball joint on my mopar lifted UCAs failing so swapped with rough country UCAs. Truck drives so much better now. The bad ball joint was wobbling around so much I don’t know how it didn’t break free.
I have used the rc 2" N3's on both my last two trucks. Had the rc upc's also on my 4th Gen. I didn't bother with them this time around. The angles looked pretty good and no alignment issues. Guess I'll watch out for the ball joint and go that route as required.

How are the M1's? You have adjustable coilovers at the max height?

Attachments

• 20230827_161925.jpg
    20230827_161925.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230827_161827.jpg
    20230827_161827.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 67

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I have used the rc 2" N3's on both my last two trucks. Had the rc upc's also on my 4th Gen. I didn't bother with them this time around. The angles looked pretty good and no alignment issues. Guess I'll watch out for the ball joint and go that route as required.

How are the M1's? You have adjustable coilovers at the max height?
The ride seems pretty good to me. Much better than the stock setup with the Motofab spacers. I lowered the M1s by 1 notch. I have the v6 and it says on the website not for the v6. I called and was told it was due to weight and these will work, but will give an extra 1/2” lift, so to not go beyond 3 1/2” they recommended moving them down 1 notch on the v6. When I disassembled them there were 5 positions and they were already set on the 4th, so I called them and asked if it was already done and he said no I should put it on the third, so that’s what I did. It gave me exactly 1/2” over the 3” motofabs that were in there.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The more I see them the more I like the retractable running boards. Especially with the new front bumper I have and the overbite look it gives with factory running boards that hang down all the time.

These tuck up way under the truck and essentially disappear from view so the optics make your truck look taller. Wasn’t my main objective but if the boards make my truck look a little taller, I’ll take it!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Our plan for this weekend was to head to the mountains and camp for free at an event organized by a tire company. However, due to the organizer's inability to properly comprehend fire restriction notices, the organizer banned wood burning fires. So we traded free camping at a location that normally costs $100+ site/ night for river camping 3.5 hours away. After all, what's camping without wood burning campfire?

I headed out in the early PM after work, and a 3.5 hour drive turned into 4 hours thanks to weekend drivers, college kids going home, and tourists who have no idea where to go. It would be a 4+ hours drive but I made the time back via picking the right freeways to go around congested zones and trading MPG for MPH. Finally got there right after sunset.
IMG_4112.jpg
Only 3 rigs this time.
IMG_4132.jpg
This whole beach you're seeing would be flooded over night (either because the dam upstream released water or high tide... do rivers have tides?) but the view is great.
When I say flooded I'm talking about ankle height. not even knee height.
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg
It got dark real quick and it was dinner time already.
These Devos Lightranger 1200s are great additions to the camping experience even though they have a hefty price tag. Like $350 for a pair or something. But I'd say they are worth every penny. There's no need for me to wear my headlamp anymore unless I'm going somewhere further away from the site.
IMG_4161-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Friend of mine made these griddles. Perfect fit for the stove and this was the first time using it. Cooks nicely and the tall sides makes containing oil and scooping up scrambled egg in the morning a lot easier.
IMG_4166.jpg
Smoking a cigar at camp is something I do every time.
IMG_4174-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Next morning visited the another site that another group of guys I know were at the night before.
IMG_4176.jpg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the Timber Grove airbags. Not a bad install, but I was a bit of an idiot. Didn't even realize it's all ss hardware until buttoning up the first bag and galled the last nut/bolt. 😡 Had to break it off and replace. Then applied antisieze to all the bolts on the other side. Hopefully they don't need to come off.

Airing up to 100psi to check for leaks gave me a little over 3" of lift.
20231002_204340.jpg

TSL

Reaction score
Friend of mine made these griddles. Perfect fit for the stove and this was the first time using it. Cooks nicely and the tall sides makes containing oil and scooping up scrambled egg in the morning a lot easier.
View attachment 168482
That is a nice griddle !
This is the trouble with vicariously enjoying other guy's camping reports is you see things you "need" :) Like that Devos LightRanger and a griddle like that. I know you said that one's home-made but there are similar ones to be had I know. However, having put RSI's Smartcap on my truck this year, I'll have to wait till next year for more things I, ahem, "need"

Users who are viewing this thread