5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good, but I would really want chevy style steps. I assume at least recovery tabs?
There is the option for the step pockets if you want them. I do not. I have the extendable factory bumper step which is far superior. And the hooks haven't been welded in yet. They will be where the slots are next to cut outs for lights.

Fbird

Reaction score
Don't liez they were only 4"

And real men remove factory exhaust without cutting it. 😜
real men don't have TIME to "play around" removing stuff thats going in the scrap pile. Only thing tthat I think BORLA could have done better was INCLUDE 2 NEW stainless steel 10 mm BOLTS because we already know the 2 originals are going to break upon trying to remove them. Thankfully the muffler pipe flange is the THREADED side.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
real men don't have TIME to "play around" removing stuff thats going in the scrap pile. Only thing tthat I think BORLA could have done better was INCLUDE 2 NEW stainless steel 10 mm BOLTS because we already know the 2 originals are going to break upon trying to remove them. Thankfully the muffler pipe flange is the THREADED side.
45 minutes start to finish Without cutting the stock exhaust. 30 minutes if you cut it. The stock exhaust is worth money to some people. Especially if you have the factory black exhaust tips

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s a good sign or way to check those? My truck isn’t ticking loud but WOT I hear something weird from the engine compartment. It doesn’t sound normal

Between my '09 and my '19, I've had the Hemi "exhaust leak" repair done at least 7 times. Sometimes, they just replaced exhaust header bolts (I believe). Other times, they replaced the exhaust manifold (again, I believe).

When you start the engine cold (e.g. after sitting over night), you'll hear ticking at idle. The ticking will go away as the engine warms up.

As the problem gets worse, the ticking will get louder on the cold start.

I wouldn't worry about it until you can hear it clearly on a cold start. It's not going to hurt the engine to wait until then.

If it's going to be a warranty repair, and you don't wait until the ticking is clearly and easily heard, then you run the risk of taking your truck to the dealer, having to leave it overnight so they can diagnose it from a cold start, and then having them say "it sounds normal to us. Come get it."

DCRAM

Reaction score
Between my '09 and my '19, I've had the Hemi "exhaust leak" repair done at least 7 times. Sometimes, they just replaced exhaust header bolts (I believe). Other times, they replaced the exhaust manifold (again, I believe).

When you start the engine cold (e.g. after sitting over night), you'll hear ticking at idle. The ticking will go away as the engine warms up.

As the problem gets worse, the ticking will get louder on the cold start.

I wouldn't worry about it until you can hear it clearly on a cold start. It's not going to hurt the engine to wait until then.

If it's going to be a warranty repair, and you don't wait until the ticking is clearly and easily heard, then you run the risk of taking your truck to the dealer, having to leave it overnight so they can diagnose it from a cold start, and then having them say "it sounds normal to us. Come get it."

Depends on your dealer correctly diagnosing as well if you are trying for warranty repair. I had them fixed 3 times on my 2016, and went back for a fourth but was told there was nothing wrong with the manifold bolts. After arguing with them a few weeks, I gave up and went shorty headers - immediately after removing the passenger heat shield one of the studs completely fell out because it was broken even with the block so the dealer was clearly either trying to ignore it or incompetent.

Only had to have one side replaced once on my 2019.

Happy to have left that problem behind me moving away from the Hemi.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on your dealer correctly diagnosing as well if you are trying for warranty repair. I had them fixed 3 times on my 2016, and went back for a fourth but was told there was nothing wrong with the manifold bolts. After arguing with them a few weeks, I gave up and went shorty headers - immediately after removing the passenger heat shield one of the studs completely fell out because it was broken even with the block so the dealer was clearly either trying to ignore it or incompetent.

Only had to have one side replaced once on my 2019.

Happy to have left that problem behind me moving away from the Hemi.

My '19 had to have an exhaust leak fixed at around 45K miles, I think it was. When I traded it in at 72K miles, it sounded to me like it had a new one that had just started.

I traded for an EcoDiesel and really could not be happier getting away from the Hemi. I liked the Hemi, but I like the ED so much better.

DCRAM

Reaction score
My '19 had to have an exhaust leak fixed at around 45K miles, I think it was. When I traded it in at 72K miles, it sounded to me like it had a new one that had just started.

I traded for an EcoDiesel and really could not be happier getting away from the Hemi. I liked the Hemi, but I like the ED so much better.

I wanted to go EcoDiesel 1500 so bad for quite a while, but they became pretty tough to find and the few that were around here at least were just as much as the Cummins 3/4 ton so I ended up going that route. Just in time for Diesel prices to hit $5 per gallon though... :rolleyes:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted to go EcoDiesel 1500 so bad for quite a while, but they became pretty tough to find and the few that were around here at least were just as much as the Cummins 3/4 ton so I ended up going that route. Just in time for Diesel prices to hit $5 per gallon though... :rolleyes:
I was kinda interested in the diesel when I first heard about it back in the 4th gens, then started noticing them stacking up at local dealers, and they were practically giving them away. Figured that wasn't a good sign. Apparently, the 5th gens are better.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck got nailed by golf-ball size hail back at the end of June. I had to wait for a turn with a paintless dent repair guru.

I picked it up a week ago, Friday.

It was flawless. Literally. I went over it with a dent screen and couldn't find a ripple. Some of the impacts were deep, right on the curve of the roof just above the windshield and also next to the third brake light. Tough spots, and deep. Lots on the hood, body sides, etc.

Here's a shoutout to Triad Dent Removal. He works in North Carolina, in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area. Website: Triad Dent Removal | Hail Damage Repair

I could not be happier.

(Bonus: he got a tough crease out of my rear passenger door. The one a parking lot idiot gave me when the truck was only a month old.)
That is awesome that it turned out so well! My 2019 got hit with hail in July and I am still waiting on a National Backordered Roof to replace mine so instead of waiting I custom ordered a 2024 and will sell the 2019 once it gets fixed early next year hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread