5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm jealous. I'd love the new Integra type S. Should actually be slightly faster stock for stock than the civic!

It's incredible. I literally took a 90° turn with 20 mph signs between 50 and 60 mph with not even a squeal of the tire or any body roll. Ironically enough, I have a friend who has a Ferrari F430 and another with a GTR, which have close circuit times on those charts. So that will be fun! Lol.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
It's incredible. I literally took a 90° turn with 20 mph signs between 50 and 60 mph with not even a squeal of the tire or any body roll. Ironically enough, I have a friend who has a Ferrari F430 and another with a GTR, which have close circuit times on those charts. So that will be fun! Lol.
Get some PPF on that front end ASAP!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess I don't follow the tuner crowd enough to know that.

Ah, that's no big deal. Neither do I really until recent months - the forums & FB groups don't compare to this one, that's for sure.

I haven't owned an import since my last 91 Integra almost 20 years ago & have only had domestic cars, trucks, & SUV's. After all the public fuss, I had to test drive a 2021 Civic Type R to see for myself & was blown away. You wouldn't believe how much space is in the rear seats & cargo area for a great family car, too. More than their larger cars they have available. I was restoring and modifying a 99 Trans Am to do the same type of racing but it did need quite a bit of body and even chassis work in the paint was in the worst state I've ever had on a vehicle. I think I got a little burnt out building the Cherokee over the last 13 years and wanted to get something that is a little bit more ready to go that I could more easily & cheaply modify. It's very easy to obtain around 530whp reliably without spending much on this platform.

But we already have some more domestic RWD on our list for future vehicle, Mainly a GT350 Shelby or Camaro ZL1. 😁

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get some PPF on that front end ASAP!
No kidding! I went the professional ceramic coating route for now since really with the entire vehicle as wide as those fenders are, and as wide as the forged wheels I have on order will be, the whole vehicle essentially needs to be done since I will be tracking it. Quotes are $4-6K!! I already have about that much in parts, installed or on order, and fortunately have two absolutely incredible body shops in town that will give me a good pricing in case of any mishaps until I revisit this next year sometime. Probably use my annual bonus in March to get it done as much as I don't want to.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been like that for years in the states. The kinda like a Camaro vs firebird.

Same same. But different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is absolutely probably the best analogy. They even stopped making both the Trans Am and Integra for several years. Obviously the TA is RIP with the Camaro just soldiering on & they didn't even bring the standard Integra back until last year, which really isn't anything special at all. At least the type S has been likened by several enthusiasts as Porsche worthy recently. So I had to take their word for it since I will probably never be able to afford one. 😂 Now I can beat them in a much less expensive car, which will bring me great joy in doing so.

I really miss the Vossen's on my truck and wow, are they ever expensive for a good set on a car.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, that's no big deal. Neither do I really until recent months - the forums & FB groups don't compare to this one, that's for sure.

I haven't owned an import since my last 91 Integra almost 20 years ago & have only had domestic cars, trucks, & SUV's. After all the public fuss, I had to test drive a 2021 Civic Type R to see for myself & was blown away. You wouldn't believe how much space is in the rear seats & cargo area for a great family car, too. More than their larger cars they have available. I was restoring and modifying a 99 Trans Am to do the same type of racing but it did need quite a bit of body and even chassis work in the paint was in the worst state I've ever had on a vehicle. I think I got a little burnt out building the Cherokee over the last 13 years and wanted to get something that is a little bit more ready to go that I could more easily & cheaply modify. It's very easy to obtain around 530whp reliably without spending much on this platform.

But we already have some more domestic RWD on our list for future vehicle, Mainly a GT350 Shelby or Camaro ZL1. 😁
Have a local friend that has a BMW M3 Competition. That thing is nuts. He owns a performance shop so he didn't even have it s week and was already mindifying it. I got to drive it a couple times. Other than not really fitting in the factory racing seats, it was crazy, and I didn't even use the M modes that give you more power

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a local friend that has a BMW M3 Competition. That thing is nuts. He owns a performance shop so he didn't even have it s week and was already mindifying it. I got to drive it a couple times. Other than not really fitting in the factory racing seats, it was crazy, and I didn't even use the M modes that give you more power
I have heard phenomenal things about those M series. A good friend of mine just got rid of his not too long ago because he had a leak where the part was only $13 for the gasket but the full repair was $5000 for the labor, so he auctioned it.

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Promotion landed me a work from home job - I hate it to be honest, but you sacrifice for the family that wanted me around more opposed to driving 60k per year with overnights. So I traded in my Limited for a family/circuit track car that I wanted. Out of the first 200 vehicles launch, I got the 1 of 50 color combo I liked best. We still have the 2020 Laramie that my father & I use when needed. Kept the Hellwig for his - sorry. 😆Overall couldn't be happier. Don't have pics of the Patriot blue with camper shell still yet, but I'll have to take one for the profile pic.
Absolutely beautiful spec! The gray paint, red interior, and red calipers tie each other up very well! Congrats and enjoy!

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Promotion landed me a work from home job - I hate it to be honest, but you sacrifice for the family that wanted me around more opposed to driving 60k per year with overnights. So I traded in my Limited for a family/circuit track car that I wanted. Out of the first 200 vehicles launch, I got the 1 of 50 color combo I liked best. We still have the 2020 Laramie that my father & I use when needed. Kept the Hellwig for his - sorry. 😆Overall couldn't be happier. Don't have pics of the Patriot blue with camper shell still yet, but I'll have to take one for the profile pic.
Great looking car!

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Real nice car and congrats on the work-from-home thing.
I started the work-from-home thing over a year ago.

I'd like to know more about that 'vette in your garage though.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful spec! The gray paint, red interior, and red calipers tie each other up very well! Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks! I waited out a while longer for the color combo - it was about 2 months late. Started getting impatient (as usual), but glad it worked out in the end. Tried convincing my wife to trade her Durango for it instead & she can have the Ram, but to no avail. 😂

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Real nice car and congrats on the work-from-home thing.
I started the work-from-home thing over a year ago.

I'd like to know more about that 'vette in your garage though.

It's for sale! 😆 It's actually my father in laws 78. Carbureted 350 with Flowmaster's & 70K I believe. Interior is in great shape. The color changing vinyl (I think) is a nice touch. A couple minor paint chips & spider cracks. But other than that, very clean & fun. Starts right up every time when he takes it to the local market. I think he's asking around $19-20K.

WFH has been a struggle for me. But we are homeschooling our first grader & just had a baby a little less than 5 months ago, plus my wife is having some health issues looked at, I'm just getting over the ol' snip snip, & I have all this pent up energy that I can hardly do anything with - which is why I got a car that could redline the s**t out of. 🤣 Plus there's only 4 of us that deal with the whole North America - understaffed & underpaid. For now.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's for sale! 😆 It's actually my father in laws 78. Carbureted 350 with Flowmaster's & 70K I believe. Interior is in great shape. The color changing vinyl (I think) is a nice touch. A couple minor paint chips & spider cracks. But other than that, very clean & fun. Starts right up every time when he takes it to the local market. I think he's asking around $19-20K.

WFH has been a struggle for me. But we are homeschooling our first grader & just had a baby a little less than 5 months ago, plus my wife is having some health issues looked at, I'm just getting over the ol' snip snip, & I have all this pent up energy that I can hardly do anything with - which is why I got a car that could redline the s**t out of. 🤣 Plus there's only 4 of us that deal with the whole North America - understaffed & underpaid. For now.
Interesting position you're in there. I'm an empty-nester essentially. My distractions are all between my ears.
Good luck!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is absolutely probably the best analogy. They even stopped making both the Trans Am and Integra for several years. Obviously the TA is RIP with the Camaro just soldiering on & they didn't even bring the standard Integra back until last year, which really isn't anything special at all. At least the type S has been likened by several enthusiasts as Porsche worthy recently. So I had to take their word for it since I will probably never be able to afford one. Now I can beat them in a much less expensive car, which will bring me great joy in doing so.

I really miss the Vossen's on my truck and wow, are they ever expensive for a good set on a car.

Oh yeah their car line is on another level. But you get what you pay for. That thing would look awesome on some vossens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dam that’s a beauty I’m not mad at it at all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/