5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
some think bird droppings are good luck, don't know about cow, :unsure: - just in case go buy a lottery ticket - mega million is crazy high
My situation does not qualify unfortunately. For luck, doo doo must exit the animal's sphincter and have unobstructed contact with the human target.

Most likely this was manure spilling from the honey wagon onto the road.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The BCM keeps track of everything the truck is doing. It records speed, radio volume, whether wipers, lights, or any other accessory is on, whether the brakes were applied, and other things. It keeps something like 15 minutes, and records over. If they want the info, of exactly what you were doing, they have it. Most accidents they don't bother though.
You can always keep a full 40 oz water bottle full in the console. In case of an accident, just dump the entire bottle in the left corner of the dash to thoroughly soak the BCM. :)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed Energy Suspension 5.5160R 36mm front sway bar bushings. Solved the front end clunk over big bumps and that floaty feeling on the highway. The OEM bushings were fairly mashed for 30K miles.

As a bonus some dried cow :poop: fell from the mud flaps and landed on my face and neck. I didn't notice the smell until the dried feces became re-hydrated by sweat. Needless to say I spent more time washing up than it took to change the bushings.
that's why i always pressure wash the undercarriage of my trcuk before i go under it to work on something.

and why i always wear goggles and a face mask when i have to go under customer's truck. got sandblasted too many times...

Cortesio

Reaction score
In the video barrak posted, they state they are compatible with the rails. I didn’t watch the entire video, but I assume you’d remove the rails, then reinstall the rails over the molle panels.
Yeah the rails can definitely be reinstalled over the panels. However the rails will cover up a significant portion of the available mounting surface. I opted to just uninstall the rail altogether.

IMG_1008.jpeg
IMG_1009.jpeg

ETA:
Tagging @FLiPMaRC since he originally asked if they're compatible. The panels mount to the same location as the OEM bed rails so installing is super easy. If you wanted to, you could reinstall the bed rails back over the panels, but doing so you lose about the top 1/3 of the panels and virtually all of the mounting area higher than the wheel wells.

ETA2:
If anyone is interested, here are the details:

• Builtright Industries Bed Side MOLLE panels
  • Fiskars X15 23" Chopping Axe
  • Krazy Beaver Tools Shovel
  • Amerex B402 5lb ABC Fire Extinguisher
  • Leatherman OHT
  • IFAK on rip-away panel
The axe is mounted using two Quick Fists bolted to slots on the panel. The shovel is mounted with Quick Fists in a pair of Builtright's risers. The IFAK and Leatherman are attached using MOLLE straps. The fire extinguisher is the included Amerex 818 mount bolted into slots.

Last edited:

Davidbt

Reaction score
Finally got my Bilsteins and wheels and tires installed.
Bilstein 5100 struts on setting 5 (non ORG) with matching 5100 rear shocks.
BRINK B204 Insurgent wheels in Smoke Machined Titanium, 20x9 zero offset. Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT LT285/60R20.

View attachment 164289 View attachment 164290 View attachment 164291 View attachment 164292
That's exactly the look I'm going for. It's really nice to see your Bilsteins set on #5. I pull a 26' travel trailer that weighs 5,500lbs loaded and I have Air Lift HD1000's to help keep it level. And I plan on running the same tire in a 275/70/18. Hopefully by the end of this month.

MurphDogg

Reaction score
That's exactly the look I'm going for. It's really nice to see your Bilsteins set on #5. I pull a 26' travel trailer that weighs 5,500lbs loaded and I have Air Lift HD1000's to help keep it level. And I plan on running the same tire in a 275/70/18. Hopefully by the end of this month.
I got right at 2" out of the clip 5/1.7" setting and another 1" of lift from the bigger tires. I just remeasured it this morning with a full tank of gas in it. The passenger side is perfectly level, front and rear both measuring 39 3/8" from the ground to the fender. And the driver side only has about 3/8" of rake remaining which isn't even noticeable. LR is as 39 3/8" and LF is right at 39". I don't pull a trailer so no airbags and it wasn't very happy hauling home 1,400lbs of concrete pavers and sand from Lowes last night but with the helper bags you should be good to go.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
9066fa6a11f8912a8c2b56338fc96eed.jpg

f323d6251b82388d6ed63e27518712d2.jpg

Hauled my
Bikes and dodged some hail storms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added a tailgate seal yesterday and today printed some plugs to go in the holes behind the tie down loops. I sanded them, and sprayed bedliner on to help them blend in a little better.

20230802_143120.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the Hellwig Sway Bar on the middle hole and oh my! Big difference in the truck on these curvy WV roads. I also installed one of the knock-off bed steps from eBay.
Is this on a lifted or leveled setup? Curious about getting the hellwig for my lifted limited. 3.5

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stock height, no level or lift. They sell ones for lifted trucks I think.
correct, the kit for lifted trucks come with sway bar links and I think its for 2-4" lifts
Not sure if that kit is on sale but just the bar #7709 is on sale on a lot of websites - so a good time - I got mine for $248 including tax and shipping
99% of the buyers rave about the bar - I will be installing mine today

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Show those plugs when you get them installed, please.
Hard to get a good picture. I thought about making new ones, a little wider and adding the radii on the ends, but wouldn’t have any good way to print on my FDM printer. It doesn't always fo great with small supports. I really want an SLA, but they stink and I don't want it in the house or garage. 20230802_192213.jpg 20230802_192206.jpg

Insanity

Reaction score
Hard to get a good picture. I thought about making new ones, a little wider and adding the radii on the ends, but wouldn’t have any good way to print on my FDM printer. It doesn't always fo great with small supports. I really want an SLA, but they stink and I don't want it in the house or garage. View attachment 164392 View attachment 164394

What printer do you have? Also would you share your file? I would not mind trying on my 3d printer for myself.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What printer do you have? Also would you share your file? I would not mind trying on my 3d printer for myself.
I have a Creality CR-10 Mini. I could probably fix the issue with some tuning, but I'm lazy, and try to avoid supports. I'm also using a really old version of Cura. It's always prompting me to update. I really should.

Sure, don't mind sharing. IGES, STL?

What printer do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread