5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Insanity

Reaction score
Had the etorque recall done. Also had them check out the etorque belt tensioner that's leaking. The tensioner and belt are getting replaced. Have to wait for the belt that is on back order to come in and have that done.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Drive to Iowa City for an appointment at University of Iowa. Averaged 15.1mpg on the drive there, to include about 50 miles of city driving before I left (trip display showed 11.6mpg when I left my driveway). that is hand calculated fuel mileage. Have not filled up from return trip, but dash is displaying over 16mpg. That is at 75mph for most of the trip, with a stint at 70mph going through Des Moines. And wife drove the last 45 minutes cause I was falling asleep, and she sets cruise at 77mph.

35" tires with a 3/1 lift, and off-road front bumper View attachment 159438
So just filled up tonight after the return trip. Once again, ended up with about 50-60 miles of local driving before I got gas. Would have filled up last night's but forgot my wallet at home. 15.3 hand calculated. Trip display showed 16mpg. Not bad for making the truck into more of a brick than it was before. Seems like I am about 3-4mpg lower than when I was stock tires/suspension/fwithrinr bumper and just the Pulsar. I'll take 15mpg on the freeway. I get about 13-14mpg around town.

U

User_63152

Go through your insurance and see if they will cover chip repairs. Most insurance companies will do free chip repair.
Yeah, when I set up the appointment, they went through all that. It will be covered for free. (y)

It's like $165 out of pocket. :eek:

TheLegend

Reaction score
if you're following the BSM thread you'll see the way i did it, and i broke off another thread about the wiring for the mirror glass wiring and auto dimming to not clutter that thread up. that grommet kinda was a nightmare, but overall it wasn't too bad.

This is what i did too. i wished i had seen that video on completely dismanteling the mirror arms before i did it... thats the only hope of easily getting it thru that grommet. but its good just beside it too. i have close-ups in the thread.

Also if you get the glass on ebay go with "avondaledodge" they are the real deal one there. thats where i got mine. (but i wanted brand new ones so thats the way i went.)
Yeah it makes it soooo much easier when you do it that way for sure it saved me a bunch of time and made it a lot easier on myself.

ya3coub

Reaction score
What time is on your unlocked PCM, and who wrote the tune? If all it is is the basic unlocked PCM, then it's just a stock tune until you make changes
That is correct, its a spare PCM with a stock copy from my stock PCM

Soon I’m waiting on a local tuner as our gas is different than the states, other wise a remote tunning would’ve been easier load, data log and send by email for adjustments.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the difference between this sway bar and the oem one that comes on a ORG LIMITED? If any?
update... the Hellwig AND the one on the Rebel are both a "fat" 7/8" of an inch. So, it isn't actually any bigger... so the advantages will only be that the Hellwig is solid vs. the stock being hollow, as well as the adjustability of the Hellwig.

While I agree with you and have used Hellwig in the past, I was very interested in the posts or thread elsewhere dealing with flattening and redrilling the OEM bar. I may do that myself.
:unsure: i haven't heard that one before. I would think that when you take a cylinder and make it a flat plane it would get weaker... Especially in the case of a tortion bar with the twisting. BUT, i'm also not a blacksmith hahaha so to actually know, or try that are beyond me. hahaha. If you do do it (hahaha "do-do" :poop:) I'd be interested to know how it works out... and if it doesn't i'll give you my old stock bar if you pay shipping hahahaha.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
update... the Hellwig AND the one on the Rebel are both a "fat" 7/8" of an inch. So, it isn't actually any bigger... so the advantages will only be that the Hellwig is solid vs. the stock being hollow, as well as the adjustability of the Hellwig.

:unsure: i haven't heard that one before. I would think that when you take a cylinder and make it a flat plane it would get weaker... Especially in the case of a tortion bar with the twisting. BUT, i'm also not a blacksmith hahaha so to actually know, or try that are beyond me. hahaha. If you do do it (hahaha "do-do" :poop:) I'd be interested to know how it works out... and if it doesn't i'll give you my old stock bar if you pay shipping hahahaha.

A buddy of mine flattened the ends of his OEM sway bar in a press and drilled new end link holes. It's been about a year now and he hasn't had any problems.

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Hmm.. I was sure thinking my Hellwig was thicker than the OE.

As far as torsion goes, only the outer material carries the load.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

read this thread

Insanity

Reaction score
Changed the oil and filter and rotated the tires also cleaned and waxed the inner hoop. Put antiseeze on the studs and installed the valvomax oil drain plug thing. Who ever decided to put the sway bar right under the drain plug is a idiot and the derp that put the steering rack right under the oil filter well he can service a horse. The oil udder worked well until I quit using it how it should be used...

I now want a filter relocation kit. I seen someone post one and noted it but did not book mark it. Any suggestions for a good quality kit I can buy?

JOzzz

Reaction score
I added wireless CarPlay and streaming to my truck this week using the magic box 2.0. Fun little device! Kids enjoy watching Mr. Beast in the comfort of the Rebel lol!!

I know what I want for Father’s Day. This looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread