5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I’ve done it and it is SUPER simple. The OEM glass is expensive but worth every penny if you ask me.
It is super expensive, that’s why I went with aftermarket without the dimming feature to start. I then found a set of used oem mirror glass with heat, blind spot, and dimming for cheap on eBay, so I pulled the trigger. So much happier this way.

JB16V

Reaction score
I guess it’s about time that I shared some of my progress. I have to admit, it’s not all done “today”, as in the spirit of this thread. But it was done in the last 2 or so weeks. I just didn’t have time to report back yet. However, as most of the inspiration came from here, I guess, I had to come back and thank you all for helping me spend my money… 😀 here’s the truck a week after I picked it up from the dealer (factory ordered Limited Elite, 4x4, 6’4 bed). Installed so far: BakFlip MX4, bed rug, tailgate seals, screen protector, center console organizer, stake pocket plugs, trailer hitch plug, skeerdy cat cover plate and back seat cover for dogs. Still to be installed: dashcam and pedal monster.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 90

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty easy. I took the whole mirror off the truck. Pop the glass out and fish the wires through from the glass to the plugs already there and add the needed connections and reinstall. Need to use Alfa to activate. I took my time and had both done in under 2 hours
gotcha. when you say "fish the wires through the glass" can you elaborate on that? thank you!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve done it and it is SUPER simple. The OEM glass is expensive but worth every penny if you ask me.
ahhh. ok im gonna see how much I can get them for before going LKQ and ebay.
Can you send part number? I wanna double cheeck in case I order the wrong item lol

done that a few times even though I triple checked fitment on the parts site...

TheLegend

Reaction score
It is super expensive, that’s why I went with aftermarket without the dimming feature to start. I then found a set of used oem mirror glass with heat, blind spot, and dimming for cheap on eBay, so I pulled the trigger. So much happier this way.
Of for sure man if you are lucky you can find true OEM ones on eBay that aren’t fake people passing off as OEM mirrors and not as expensive I unfortunately never could though so I bought mine through Mopar.

TheLegend

Reaction score
ahhh. ok im gonna see how much I can get them for before going LKQ and ebay.
Can you send part number? I wanna double cheeck in case I order the wrong item lol

done that a few times even though I triple checked fitment on the parts site...
Yeah no problem just be careful on eBay A LOT of people try to pass the numbers as factual Mopar mirrors but they aren’t. Those are heat, BSM, and electrochromatic for both driver and passenger. It took me literally like 45 minutes to do both sides.

Attachments

• 870F41A3-6DE5-4D46-8707-75FF644A869A.jpeg
    870F41A3-6DE5-4D46-8707-75FF644A869A.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 30

TheLegend

Reaction score
gotcha! sorry it's been a long day i missed that "from" lol
This is just my two cents it may have worked for him but that did NOT work for me at all there is a rubber grommet in there that is really tight and I couldn’t get them through at all so I popped the bottoms caps in the mirrors and tan them through the bottom and it goes right along it and you can squeeze it right next to the grommet to the mirror opening to connect it to the mirror. Just giving more options in case that way doesn’t work for you.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is just my two cents it may have worked for him but that did NOT work for me at all there is a rubber grommet in there that is really tight and I couldn’t get them through at all so I popped the bottoms caps in the mirrors and tan them through the bottom and it goes right along it and you can squeeze it right next to the grommet to the mirror opening to connect it to the mirror. Just giving more options in case that way doesn’t work for you.
appreciate the details!
worst case scenario i say screw it and put it all back together, bring it to work, have my coworker do it, and then buy him lunch and tequila LOL

Users who are viewing this thread