5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess it’s about time that I shared some of my progress. I have to admit, it’s not all done “today”, as in the spirit of this thread. But it was done in the last 2 or so weeks. I just didn’t have time to report back yet. However, as most of the inspiration came from here, I guess, I had to come back and thank you all for helping me spend my money… 😀 here’s the truck a week after I picked it up from the dealer (factory ordered Limited Elite, 4x4, 6’4 bed). Installed so far: BakFlip MX4, bed rug, tailgate seals, screen protector, center console organizer, stake pocket plugs, trailer hitch plug, skeerdy cat cover plate and back seat cover for dogs. Still to be installed: dashcam and pedal monster.
That is a truck to be proud of 🍻

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess it’s about time that I shared some of my progress. I have to admit, it’s not all done “today”, as in the spirit of this thread. But it was done in the last 2 or so weeks. I just didn’t have time to report back yet. However, as most of the inspiration came from here, I guess, I had to come back and thank you all for helping me spend my money… 😀 here’s the truck a week after I picked it up from the dealer (factory ordered Limited Elite, 4x4, 6’4 bed). Installed so far: BakFlip MX4, bed rug, tailgate seals, screen protector, center console organizer, stake pocket plugs, trailer hitch plug, skeerdy cat cover plate and back seat cover for dogs. Still to be installed: dashcam and pedal monster.
I'm considering a bed rug mat and looking for a good tailgate seal. What did you use?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ha e hung several things off my garage door tracks for painting/powder coating projects.
Yeah I thought about that or even off the door tracks since this is light, but I don’t really have enuff stuff to kinda shroud something in a spot like that and if I get orange on the garage doors, that’ll be my new bedroom. So.. 😂😅

JB16V

Reaction score

DCRAM

Reaction score
Drive to Iowa City for an appointment at University of Iowa. Averaged 15.1mpg on the drive there, to include about 50 miles of city driving before I left (trip display showed 11.6mpg when I left my driveway). that is hand calculated fuel mileage. Have not filled up from return trip, but dash is displaying over 16mpg. That is at 75mph for most of the trip, with a stint at 70mph going through Des Moines. And wife drove the last 45 minutes cause I was falling asleep, and she sets cruise at 77mph.

35" tires with a 3/1 lift, and off-road front bumper View attachment 159438
Which bumper is this? Looks fantastic.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm more concerned with dust than water. What issues do you have with it?
If you're concerned about dust, also pay some attention to the drain holes in the bed. I get zero water in my bed with my Diamondback cover even though I have a MFT. I do not have any additional sealing on the tailgate. But there is a lot of dust in my bed from driving dirt roads and construction sites coming from the drainholes. I talked with a local sheriff deputy whose trucks have Diamondbacks on them and he warned me before I got the cover that the dust will enter the bed from the drain holes.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're concerned about dust, also pay some attention to the drain holes in the bed. I get zero water in my bed with my Diamondback cover even though I have a MFT. I do not have any additional sealing on the tailgate. But there is a lot of dust in my bed from driving dirt roads and construction sites coming from the drainholes. I talked with a local sheriff deputy whose trucks have Diamondbacks on them and he warned me before I got the cover that the dust will enter the bed from the drain holes.
I will check that. I've also been concerned about holes under the rails at the very front of the bed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm more concerned with dust than water. What issues do you have with it?
If you don't want dust, then open the tonneau cover when driving in dirt/gravel roads. the tonneau creates a vacuum inside the bed and the dust just gets sucked in. You would have to make it and airtight seal to prevent it

ya3coub

Reaction score
I installed the unlocked HPtuner PCM, husky liners for footwells, Tazer Dt, followed by a Vararam air graber.

Today took the car offroading for over 2 hours each way through the dunes (its been a while), washed and finally home :)

I will take more pictures as I installed also some other goodies last week as well (bed led strips connected to the ORM led bed lights, retractable cargo box in top pf the bedrug.

I’m now very confused on the next upgrade as I still didn't instal the rear husky wheel liner, nore the front Z automotive camera, and looking for dashcam, tune as I was very disappointed today with the truck performance, maybe a cam kit.

Attachments

• IMG_6025.jpeg
    IMG_6025.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6027.jpeg
    IMG_6027.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6030.jpeg
    IMG_6030.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6037.jpeg
    IMG_6037.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 2023-05-26-18-45-52-474.png
    2023-05-26-18-45-52-474.png
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5958.jpeg
    IMG_5958.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 88

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed the unlocked HPtuner PCM, husky liners for footwells, Tazer Dt, followed by a Vararam air graber.

Today took the car offroading for over 2 hours each way through the dunes (its been a while), washed and finally home :)

I will take more pictures as I installed also some other goodies last week as well (bed led strips connected to the ORM led bed lights, retractable cargo box in top pf the bedrug.

I’m now very confused on the next upgrade as I still didn't instal the rear husky wheel liner, nore the front Z automotive camera, and looking for dashcam, tune as I was very disappointed today with the truck performance, maybe a cam kit.
What time is on your unlocked PCM, and who wrote the tune? If all it is is the basic unlocked PCM, then it's just a stock tune until you make changes

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
appreciate the details!
worst case scenario i say screw it and put it all back together, bring it to work, have my coworker do it, and then buy him lunch and tequila LOL
if you're following the BSM thread you'll see the way i did it, and i broke off another thread about the wiring for the mirror glass wiring and auto dimming to not clutter that thread up. that grommet kinda was a nightmare, but overall it wasn't too bad.

This is just my two cents it may have worked for him but that did NOT work for me at all there is a rubber grommet in there that is really tight and I couldn’t get them through at all so I popped the bottoms caps in the mirrors and tan them through the bottom and it goes right along it and you can squeeze it right next to the grommet to the mirror opening to connect it to the mirror. Just giving more options in case that way doesn’t work for you.
This is what i did too. i wished i had seen that video on completely dismanteling the mirror arms before i did it... thats the only hope of easily getting it thru that grommet. but its good just beside it too. i have close-ups in the thread.

Also if you get the glass on ebay go with "avondaledodge" they are the real deal one there. thats where i got mine. (but i wanted brand new ones so thats the way i went.)

Users who are viewing this thread