5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So as I was installing my Ditch lights, my wife and kids pull up in the driveway with this. The shelter is literally a mile away so we are supposedly "fostering" him for two weeks....Rigghhhttt.

Any guess on the breed? Shelter said Border Collie mix. I see lots of Lab but he does have white spots on his chest and hes pretty chill for a puppy. My black lab was not this chill at 12 weeks. 84866.jpeg

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So as I was installing my Ditch lights, my wife and kids pull up in the driveway with this. The shelter is literally a mile away so we are supposedly "fostering" him for two weeks....Rigghhhttt.

Any guess on the breed? Shelter said Border Collie mix. I see lots of Lab but he does have white spots on his chest and hes pretty chill for a puppy. My black lab was not this chill at 12 weeks. View attachment 159710

Just give him some time to settle in and he will become a hellion soon enough. They all do eventually until they get past their terrible teen phase.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been wanting to ditch lights for almost 3 years. Mounted to fender bolt under shrouding, not hood. View attachment 159709
I was about to ask what brand lights did you go with; then I saw it in your signature.

I do need to ask, though, where did you find your sharks with frickin’ laser beams? My local dealer only stocks ill tempered sea bass, and it’s just not the same.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
update... the Hellwig AND the one on the Rebel are both a "fat" 7/8" of an inch. So, it isn't actually any bigger... so the advantages will only be that the Hellwig is solid vs. the stock being hollow, as well as the adjustability of the Hellwig.

:unsure: i haven't heard that one before. I would think that when you take a cylinder and make it a flat plane it would get weaker... Especially in the case of a tortion bar with the twisting. BUT, i'm also not a blacksmith hahaha so to actually know, or try that are beyond me. hahaha. If you do do it (hahaha "do-do" :poop:) I'd be interested to know how it works out... and if it doesn't i'll give you my old stock bar if you pay shipping hahahaha.
That’s what I thought. The adjustment is the biggest factor. Solid vs hollow isn’t that big of a reason to buy one.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on the Diablo Sport tuner. I did send HemiFever an email but have yet to hear back. So ordered the module and will start with the out-of-the-box tunes to see what happens. Just want a little more juice for camper pull, especially in the mts. We shall see!
Are you doing a ECM swap or are you mailing then your ECM to Florida? Make sure to pay for shipping insurance.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s what I thought. The adjustment is the biggest factor. Solid vs hollow isn’t that big of a reason to buy one.
The method used for creating the sway bar definitely makes a difference. Even using the "stock" hole in the Hellwig makes a noticeable improvement in body roll. Crushing the stock bar and drilling for extra adjustment holes only reduces the integrity of the factory sway bay. Does it work, and make a difference, sure. If you want to be cheap go for it.

JerryP2375

Reaction score

Any guess on the breed? Shelter said Border Collie mix. I see lots of Lab but he does have white spots on his chest and hes pretty chill for a puppy. My black lab was not this chill at 12 weeks. View attachment 159710
Looks just like our dog Nova. She’s a staffordshire terrier/lab mix. We did a DNA test.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing to the Ram, it stayed in garage, took my D100 to car show and brought home a 3rd place plaque.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I
The method used for creating the sway bar definitely makes a difference. Even using the "stock" hole in the Hellwig makes a noticeable improvement in body roll. Crushing the stock bar and drilling for extra adjustment holes only reduces the integrity of the factory sway bay. Does it work, and make a difference, sure. If you want to be cheap go for it.
have no clue what u are referring to when you say crush and drill it?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I

have no clue what u are referring to when you say crush and drill it?
read this thread

Last edited:

flying53brian

Reaction score

Hey little pup! What a cutie

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks just like our dog Nova. She’s a staffordshire terrier/lab mix. We did a DNA test.
Right now he's fitting in very well. We're just so busy and I don't want to be fooled by the Summer. My wife is a school teacher at my kids' school. So the Summer will be perfect for adding the new family member but school comes fast. Most of the time we're gone 11 or 12 hrs a day with our jobs. Not sure how that's going to work out for him. We'll see what the good Lord says.

Insanity

Reaction score
Right now he's fitting in very well. We're just so busy and I don't want to be fooled by the Summer. My wife is a school teacher at my kids' school. So the Summer will be perfect for adding the new family member but school comes fast. Most of the time we're gone 11 or 12 hrs a day with our jobs. Not sure how that's going to work out for him. We'll see what the good Lord says.

Same reason I don't have a pet I am gone too long. I might be able to bring a dogo to work with me but... I work in very dirty environments outside so they have to stay in the cab or suffer in the heat and cold. Once on the sight the trucks move around a lot so that could get result in a run over.

I would love to have a dog hell even a cat but my LL is deathly allergic to cats. So no pets for me.

Users who are viewing this thread