5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my kids love their power wheels. if u ever get into modding them heres a great link to some "go fast" parts lol

Any tips for tire swaps on them? My son has a jeep and the “off road” plastic tires make it bounce around on the sidewalk.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I got my windows tinted, I wanted the pano done, too. But, the installer strongly advised against it. They said putting tint on the sunroof causes the glass to get a lot hotter than it would otherwise. They said that makes it much more likely for the glass to just break. Or something like that.

I did some online searching and found some Internet info that seems to corroborate that. So, I didn't get mine done.
Mine said the same thing. I’m in South Florida, the place I go to does all high end cars and they refuse to do sunroofs.

thedig

Reaction score
Added the interior dash accent lights to my 21 Laramie. Getting the harnesses free from the depths of the dash was the worst part. In the end I like the look. Just not sure it was worth the effort.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on the Diablo Sport tuner. I did send HemiFever an email but have yet to hear back. So ordered the module and will start with the out-of-the-box tunes to see what happens. Just want a little more juice for camper pull, especially in the mts. We shall see!
I will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the tune, especially the initial lag, and the shift speed and force. I hope they have actually dyno and street developed a tune to quicken etorque shifts. I heard a charger with good mufflers take off thru the gears and almost cried at how lethargic my truck was when I first got it. Back in my day, if you had 400hp, you were movin'. :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the tune, especially the initial lag, and the shift speed and force. I hope they have actually dyno and street developed a tune to quicken etorque shifts. I heard a charger with good mufflers take off thru the gears and almost cried at how lethargic my truck was when I first got it. Back in my day, if you had 400hp, you were movin'. :)
Back in your, and my, day, 400hp from factory was moving. But now it's slow. If our trucks didn't weigh 1000lbs more than a Charger R/T, they would be just as fast.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any tips for tire swaps on them? My son has a jeep and the “off road” plastic tires make it bounce around on the sidewalk.
I know a lot of people use bike tires and cut the sidewalls off and secure them to the center of the power wheels- wheels lol or if you are good with a welder I’ve seen people cut off the ends of the axles and weld on hubs of their choice.

All kinds of solutions on YouTube!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When you say lethergic, are you talking lack of grunt, or strictly slow shifting? I ask because mine shifts great, it just runs like, well, a 5000+ pound truck with "only" 400 hp.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you say lethergic, are you talking lack of grunt, or strictly slow shifting? I ask because mine shifts great, it just runs like, well, a 5000+ pound truck with "only" 400 hp.
0-60 spends half it's time in torque management, just no "snap". A charger without etorque and with a tune is a beautiful thing. I realize the weight penalty, but it's just slow for what my 4 trucks ago 350hp pumper carb 13 sec shift-squawkin' truck was. Mine as a tradesman probably has anti abuse protection (GM trademark) as well. I feel it's programming, because when I pull a trailer, I definitely accel faster than my last 300hp GM, so hoping...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
0-60 spends half it's time in torque management, just no "snap". A charger without etorque and with a tune is a beautiful thing. I realize the weight penalty, but it's just slow for what my 4 trucks ago 350hp pumper carb 13 sec shift-squawkin' truck was. Mine as a tradesman probably has anti abuse protection (GM trademark) as well. I feel it's programming, because when I pull a trailer, I definitely accel faster than my last 300hp GM, so hoping...
Hit the traction control button. There is torque management to smooth shifts, but the shifts should be faster than your old auto tranny truck. Especially on the 8-speed. I think what you are feeling is the fact that the shifts keep the RPMs higher, so there isn't as dramatic of a difference in acceleration when it does shift. Soni sted of going from 5500rpm down to 3500rpm on a shift it only drops to 4500rpm.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

And It’s the throttle lag. Get a pedal commander. I can chirp my tires just pulling outa my driveway depending on the setting.

And stock these trucks run a 14sec. It’s the laggy throttle making it seem like it’s not peppy

But be prepared to take a mpg hit if you keep it at the external high settings. Same with a tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raygun9

Reaction score
Just noticed my rear window in leaking, AGAIN.

Anybody have it replaced and it still leak? I had it fixed under warranty last year. However, my warrant is up now so I'm worried they won't want to cover it again....
The dealer here said 3 year warranty on the glass work when mine was replaced in MA.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And It’s the throttle lag. Get a pedal commander. I can chirp my tires just pulling outa my driveway depending on the setting.

And stock these trucks run a 14sec. It’s the laggy throttle making it seem like it’s not peppy

But be prepared to take a mpg hit if you keep it at the external high settings. Same with a tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually get better gas mileage at freeway speeds with my Pulsar set to performance than in economy. trying to get a comparison around town now with the larger tires, but haven't had a good consistent drive cycle since I switched back to performance. On stock tires and with stock front bumper, I got 1.5mpg better around town. But I feel the larger tires and heavier front bumper have made more of a hit in city fuel mileage than highway

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Warranty will be done in about 4 months. Then try to get what, $1k, past the wife. I have 4 credits left on my hptuners, so I think I need to buy 2 more(?) for this truck. 🤞

I've watched the performance sub forum, but it isn't moving at all. Hope I'm not wasting too much time here, if I haven't done anything yet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Warranty will be done in about 4 months. Then try to get what, $1k, past the wife. I have 4 credits left on my hptuners, so I think I need to buy 2 more(?) for this truck. 🤞

I've watched the performance sub forum, but it isn't moving at all. Hope I'm not wasting too much time here, if I haven't done anything yet.
You will need to either send your PCM to be unlocked, or buy an unlocked PCM. Then you can mess with hptuners.

Users who are viewing this thread