5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I actually prefer the seamless transition look between the front and rear visors. I don't like how the in channel visors are visibly 2 separate pieces. Kinda blends in that way.
You barely even notice them on the windows, as long as you have tinted windows. PXL_20230401_161036186~2.jpg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Did it a few days ago, but finally took a picture. Added the Diode Dynamics C1R Plus hitch light, in addition to the Tow Hook lights. All from @Shifts And Grins Fab.
Gotta stop adding reverse lights…running out of places to put them.

View attachment 157530
There is always room for a chase light brackets if you decide you need a little more! 🤣

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
They actually look really good though I have the single hitch mount and was thinking of getting some other mounts I found and put 2 more of those like these but does Shifts & Grins or DD sell just a cable harness to run to all 3? I couldn’t find just the cable harness anywhere I know of but I could probably put one together with my own cables and Deutch DT plugs but it’s a lot of extra work if they make a simple plug and play harness.
Shoot me an email and we should be able to help. [email protected]

Murphy5156

Reaction score
Installed a new hitch cover with the 3-star design from the Tennessee state flag that I got from a seller on Etsy. Really happy with how they were able to match the Granite Crystal Metallic Night Edition colors of my truck.
cfb372427c9aa54189247cf3ab5f12c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Installed a new hitch cover with the 3-star design from the Tennessee state flag that I got from a seller on Etsy. Really happy with how they were able to match the Granite Crystal Metallic Night Edition colors of my truck.
cfb372427c9aa54189247cf3ab5f12c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey quick, you better snatch that license plate off your truck! Folks driving behind you may be able to read it!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I never understood. You drive around all day in public, everybody sees your plate, then you take a picture and have to blure it out.
Lol I do the same thing. But in all fairness, there’s a lot higher chance of a creepo doing something bad with your personal info when it’s online for the whole world to see.

Insanity

Reaction score
Messed around with AlfaODB, torque pro, and ECRI stuffs and was defeated aside from torque pro reading. The ECRI box was not lighting up not sure how I could have dorked plugging that thing in up. MAybe a bad unit or I just don't know WTF I am doing wrong.

So I cruised through the owners manual that I had to DL because the one that came with it wasnt there because used truck... I do have the PO rego and ins guess I could reach out and see if he has it still?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I did afterhours today. Perks of working at friend's shop.
Method 305 NV Bronze, 18x9 -12
1682830483118.png

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, 35x12.5R18
1682830506813.png
Not pictured: Removing TPMS sensors from OE wheels.
Mounting Tires: Securing the wheel on machine
1682830524305.png
Step 2: say the magic words and the tires will go onto the wheel by itself. Then just pump air to seat the beads.
1682830582952.png
Step 3: Balance.
1682830593632.png
Step 4: repeat, repeat, sweat your balls off, cuss a few times at the weather, repeat, cuss more because of the sweat and because metal shavings got in your shirt when you were grinding a Lexus GX for long travel install earlier in the morning, repeat, take a break, smoke a few cigarettes, drink plenty of water, and repeat for the fifth one.

Step 5: take out a cutting disk, grinder, hammer and start cutting whatever's rubbing on full lock. I had our body guy help me with that because he does it quicker. We went to town with cutting and grinding because this is not a pavement princess. I need that clearance when out playing.
1682831076339.png
Step 6: take a look at your labor and then realizing 35" does not make as much difference as you originally thought it would. So now you are toying with the idea of going 37s but realizing 37s will be hard to find and more cutting and trimming is needed. So you accept the fact that bigger is always better but... we can't always get what we want.
1682831198353.png
Step 7: You tried to put the spare in the stock location but the bore size on these Methods are too big for the stock hanger. Talk about bigger is always better :confused:
But you remembered you left these Gladiator cargo nets in your truck so you put the spare on top of your Decked Drawer and tie it down like so.
You then decided it is enough unpaid work for the day and you can try to figure out a way to make the stock hanger work some other time. Also you realized you need to pay for AlfaOBD pronto.
1682831372983.png

Attachments

• 1682831032018.png
    1682831032018.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I did afterhours today. Perks of working at friend's shop.
Method 305 NV Bronze, 18x9 -12
View attachment 157678

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, 35x12.5R18
View attachment 157679
Not pictured: Removing TPMS sensors from OE wheels.
Mounting Tires: Securing the wheel on machine
View attachment 157680
Step 2: say the magic words and the tires will go onto the wheel by itself. Then just pump air to seat the beads.
View attachment 157681
Step 3: Balance.
View attachment 157682
Step 4: repeat, repeat, sweat your balls off, cuss a few times at the weather, repeat, cuss more because of the sweat and because metal shavings got in your shirt when you were grinding a Lexus GX for long travel install earlier in the morning, repeat, take a break, smoke a few cigarettes, drink plenty of water, and repeat for the fifth one.

Step 5: take out a cutting disk, grinder, hammer and start cutting whatever's rubbing on full lock. I had our body guy help me with that because he does it quicker. We went to town with cutting and grinding because this is not a pavement princess. I need that clearance when out playing.
View attachment 157684
Step 6: take a look at your labor and then realizing 35" does not make as much difference as you originally thought it would. So now you are toying with the idea of going 37s but realizing 37s will be hard to find and more cutting and trimming is needed. So you accept the fact that bigger is always better but... we can't always get what we want.
View attachment 157685
Step 7: You tried to put the spare in the stock location but the bore size on these Methods are too big for the stock hanger. Talk about bigger is always better :confused:
But you remembered you left these Gladiator cargo nets in your truck so you put the spare on top of your Decked Drawer and tie it down like so.
You then decided it is enough unpaid work for the day and you can try to figure out a way to make the stock hanger work some other time. Also you realized you need to pay for AlfaOBD pronto.
View attachment 157686
COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED THE TRUCK! CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR ASWEOMSE PHOTOS TO COME.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED THE TRUCK! CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR ASWEOMSE PHOTOS TO COME.
thanks!
ill try to go take some pictures tomorrow provided that I don't mess up my truck changing my tire size config. gonna be the first time i mess with alfaobd lol

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks!
ill try to go take some pictures tomorrow provided that I don't mess up my truck changing my tire size config. gonna be the first time i mess with alfaobd lol
Just make sure to make a backup file before you mess with it in case anything happens.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh yeah that part too.
im more worried about my fat hand and fat fingers having difficulty getting to the SGM lol
Lol, it was a little tricky finding it the first time but after that I literally can just get them without even looking. You got it I believe in you!!! Ha

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, it was a little tricky finding it the first time but after that I literally can just get them without even looking. You got it I believe in you!!! Ha
thanks bud!
i swear this looks harder than getting wires through firewall to me LOL
but on the plus side once I got this figured out I can help all my friends who have FCA vehicles out!

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks bud!
i swear this looks harder than getting wires through firewall to me LOL
but on the plus side once I got this figured out I can help all my friends who have FCA vehicles out!
It can be a little intimidating at first but after you use it a couple of times it’s pretty easy to use and you can do A LOT with it plus it’s always getting updates. If you haven’t already check out YouTubr there are several good YouTube videos of people doing exactly what you are plus just instructional videos as well.

Users who are viewing this thread