5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It can be a little intimidating at first but after you use it a couple of times it’s pretty easy to use and you can do A LOT with it plus it’s always getting updates. If you haven’t already check out YouTubr there are several good YouTube videos of people doing exactly what you are plus just instructional videos as well.
yeap i sat on the toilet for 30 minutes watching tutorial videos lol
probably will forget 90% of those by the time i wake up in the morning though lollll

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I did afterhours today. Perks of working at friend's shop.
Method 305 NV Bronze, 18x9 -12
View attachment 157678

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, 35x12.5R18
View attachment 157679
Not pictured: Removing TPMS sensors from OE wheels.
Mounting Tires: Securing the wheel on machine
View attachment 157680
Step 2: say the magic words and the tires will go onto the wheel by itself. Then just pump air to seat the beads.
View attachment 157681
Step 3: Balance.
View attachment 157682
Step 4: repeat, repeat, sweat your balls off, cuss a few times at the weather, repeat, cuss more because of the sweat and because metal shavings got in your shirt when you were grinding a Lexus GX for long travel install earlier in the morning, repeat, take a break, smoke a few cigarettes, drink plenty of water, and repeat for the fifth one.

Step 5: take out a cutting disk, grinder, hammer and start cutting whatever's rubbing on full lock. I had our body guy help me with that because he does it quicker. We went to town with cutting and grinding because this is not a pavement princess. I need that clearance when out playing.
View attachment 157684
Step 6: take a look at your labor and then realizing 35" does not make as much difference as you originally thought it would. So now you are toying with the idea of going 37s but realizing 37s will be hard to find and more cutting and trimming is needed. So you accept the fact that bigger is always better but... we can't always get what we want.
View attachment 157685
Step 7: You tried to put the spare in the stock location but the bore size on these Methods are too big for the stock hanger. Talk about bigger is always better :confused:
But you remembered you left these Gladiator cargo nets in your truck so you put the spare on top of your Decked Drawer and tie it down like so.
You then decided it is enough unpaid work for the day and you can try to figure out a way to make the stock hanger work some other time. Also you realized you need to pay for AlfaOBD pronto.
View attachment 157686
Looks great!

Here’s what I did to hang my matching spare. There are probably cheaper ways of accomplishing this.

One thing I would have done differently: use the thinnest adapter possible. It would make getting the hanger through the hole easier.

IMG_1882.jpeg

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Messed around with AlfaODB, torque pro, and ECRI stuffs and was defeated aside from torque pro reading. The ECRI box was not lighting up not sure how I could have dorked plugging that thing in up. MAybe a bad unit or I just don't know WTF I am doing wrong.

So I cruised through the owners manual that I had to DL because the one that came with it wasnt there because used truck... I do have the PO rego and ins guess I could reach out and see if he has it still?
It’s a good thing I have a teen daughter as I would never understood what you were trying to say with all the abbreviated words.
Some of us are older here! LOL

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I did afterhours today. Perks of working at friend's shop.
Method 305 NV Bronze, 18x9 -12
View attachment 157678

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, 35x12.5R18
View attachment 157679
Not pictured: Removing TPMS sensors from OE wheels.
Mounting Tires: Securing the wheel on machine
View attachment 157680
Step 2: say the magic words and the tires will go onto the wheel by itself. Then just pump air to seat the beads.
View attachment 157681
Step 3: Balance.
View attachment 157682
Step 4: repeat, repeat, sweat your balls off, cuss a few times at the weather, repeat, cuss more because of the sweat and because metal shavings got in your shirt when you were grinding a Lexus GX for long travel install earlier in the morning, repeat, take a break, smoke a few cigarettes, drink plenty of water, and repeat for the fifth one.

Step 5: take out a cutting disk, grinder, hammer and start cutting whatever's rubbing on full lock. I had our body guy help me with that because he does it quicker. We went to town with cutting and grinding because this is not a pavement princess. I need that clearance when out playing.
View attachment 157684
Step 6: take a look at your labor and then realizing 35" does not make as much difference as you originally thought it would. So now you are toying with the idea of going 37s but realizing 37s will be hard to find and more cutting and trimming is needed. So you accept the fact that bigger is always better but... we can't always get what we want.
View attachment 157685
Step 7: You tried to put the spare in the stock location but the bore size on these Methods are too big for the stock hanger. Talk about bigger is always better :confused:
But you remembered you left these Gladiator cargo nets in your truck so you put the spare on top of your Decked Drawer and tie it down like so.
You then decided it is enough unpaid work for the day and you can try to figure out a way to make the stock hanger work some other time. Also you realized you need to pay for AlfaOBD pronto.
View attachment 157686
Did the wheels not come with hub centric rings? If not, I'd recommend buying some. You can also buy a thin hub centric spacer to use for the spare tire

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s a good thing I have a teen daughter as I would never understood what you were trying to say with all the abbreviated words.
Some of us are older here! LOL
I just turned 30 or is it 31 (maybe I am getting old) and I had no idea what he was trying to say literally I tried to read it 2-3 times. While I know what some of the abbreviations and lingo were I was still left confused about his anecdote. 😂

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeap i sat on the toilet for 30 minutes watching tutorial videos lol
probably will forget 90% of those by the time i wake up in the morning though lollll
You got this man I have all the faith in you if you need help though don’t hesitate to reach out.

Insanity

Reaction score
I just turned 30 or is it 31 (maybe I am getting old) and I had no idea what he was trying to say literally I tried to read it 2-3 times. While I know what some of the abbreviations and lingo were I was still left confused about his anecdote. 😂
Lol at 30 I'd hope you know what WTF means. I'm 38 and know what it means 😂

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol at 30 I'd hope you know what WTF means. I'm 38 and know what it means 😂
No, I definitely know what that means and DL I pieced that together but PO Rego and ins I wasn’t sure what that meant at all? Purchase Order something another and Insurance? Lol

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, I definitely know what that means and DL I pieced that together but PO Rego and ins I wasn’t sure what that meant at all? Purchase Order something another and Insurance? Lol

Previous owner registration??

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well my truck got hit this morning. Driver had no insurance, registration or drivers license. Most of the damage is underneath unfortunately. View attachment 157746
This really really sucks. And I just finished repairing a car that had "under fender damage". It was a real.pain. Hopefully yours gets sorted quickly and properly.

On A different note, I hope the driver tried to make a run for it and ended up having to surrender when they realized that they were messing with the wrong truck!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the wheels not come with hub centric rings? If not, I'd recommend buying some. You can also buy a thin hub centric spacer to use for the spare tire
never ran the rings before and no one i know runs them. all the aftermarket wheels we install never have issues even though they are larger in bore size. Maybe I'll get one for the spare.

Users who are viewing this thread