5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They still use KA band radar guns mounted in their vehicles. I keep my radar detector for that reason. Laser detection in a radar detector is useless because they train their beam on your headlight or licence plate. Our radar detectors are usually up in the windshield. Even if it picked up the laser beam, you’re caught.
They only defence is to use laser radar jammers, but they are expensive and you need 3-5 of them for full front end coverage.
I don't know of any police departments that don't have laser. That's all I have seen cops have for at least 10 years.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
I installed the Vijay Front and Rear Off-road bumpers on my Rebel! I really love the way they look!
I was worried about the front fitting on the Rebel. But the bumper's mounting holes have a lot of vertical play allowing you to push the bumper up to fit the Rebel perfectly.
Assembly of the bumper was the hardest part, as they give you barely any space to fit your hand to hold washers and nuts. Other than that, super simple installation.
🤘🤘🤘
Have all the lights wired up to separate switches.
View attachment 156165 View attachment 156166

Looks good! I like the profile pic - is that a Golf R or GTI?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
abb2cd8442ba6c2dee41161336421dbf.jpg

Took my brother in laws 6.2 out. The new interior is nice. But the seats aren’t nearly as comfortable as the ram. I’m still happy I left gm for the ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
No I did not. Just that little icon. That never came up on the center screen. Is there another setting I need to enable with Alphaobd?

I can't remember. The settings are in the AlfaOBD thread. Did you put your truck in drive or reverse?

cliffsta

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my TRX-style grille lights. Need to adjust the angles on them. But I’m very happy with them.

Attachments

• IMG_8201.jpeg
    IMG_8201.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8202.jpeg
    IMG_8202.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8205.jpeg
    IMG_8205.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8206.jpeg
    IMG_8206.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 58

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know of any police departments that don't have laser. That's all I have seen cops have for at least 10 years.
They all have laser, but have to be stopped to purposely use It. it’s hard to pinpoint laser by hand and is better steadied by a tripod. A radar gun is either mounted for use in motion or can be handheld and directed. Because of the wide beam, is the reason radar detectors can pick it up. A laser would have to hit your radar detector (if laser sensing equipped) in order to set it off. Again…too late if you were the target. You’ve been nabbed.

TheLegend

Reaction score
They all have laser, but have to be stopped to purposely use It. it’s hard to pinpoint laser by hand and is better steadied by a tripod. A radar gun is either mounted for use in motion or can be handheld and directed. Because of the wide beam, is the reason radar detectors can pick it up. A laser would have to hit your radar detector (if laser sensing equipped) in order to set it off. Again…too late if you were the target. You’ve been nabbed.
Here is a useful site as to where and what states, counties, and cities use X, K, Ka, LIDAR, and ect… Everywhere is different and not all use Lasers just look at the interactive map I’d say more use Ka band than anything else.

6of36

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying, the cops all have laser, that has a sight, and they point it at each individual car, and pull the trigger to get the instant reading. I don't worry about the few cops that still use the antique radar.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Between my Arancini fingers and My wife's Colombian empanada fingers I know how real the struggle is keeping these grease off.
Hahaha nice. 😂😂

Nothin like a good Arancini. A friend of mine had never seen/heard of them before so when we had them I told her it was Italian for exactly what it sounded like (fried spider balls) 🤣😂😅🕷️

Users who are viewing this thread