5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's crazy. I've never bothered to ask. I suppose if I didn't work, asking would be appropriate.
I pay for everything. My wife hasn’t had to work outside of looking after my daughter, me and the house in 26 years. I’m thankful I do well in my job!
I discuss things with her out of respect. But I still make the final decision on purchases. She’ll say “I don’t know why you ask me because you’re going to do what you want anyway”.
She’s never had to worry if her credit card won’t work. Lucky for me she’s pretty frugal.
I’m the spender, but She knows I make it all work out and don’t do anything that would put us in a poor situation.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's crazy. I've never bothered to ask. I suppose if I didn't work, asking would be appropriate.
My wife and I have separate bank accounts. We split the bills. I don't ask what she makes, she don't ask what I make. I know she mKes more than me. As long as the bills get paid, we don't really worry about what they other one spends money on. She just shakes her head when I buy truck parts. I just spent $300 on the SquareKeg thing and she didn't even question it

familywagon

Reaction score
Threw code U0402: Implausible Data Received from TCM

Truck wouldn’t shift out of 1st gear. Auto start/stop didn’t work. Tow mode didn’t work. Thankfully it happened literally in front of a dealership where I had the family on vacation at. I found some info here on the forums which included TSB 08-093-22. The dealership performed the reflash and it got us the 3 hours home. Bought some MOPAR window visors while at the dealership lol. Hesitant to instal them now that issues are arising.

while driving home the auto start/stop still doesn’t work. The truck does shift into the proper gears now but the power seems to be reduced. Feels “sluggish” or like there’s drag on it as if you’re towing something. While cruising at highway speeds I noticed voltage was reading 12.9. I have another appointment with the local dealer in the morning to drop it off. Not thrilled about this. Literally only have 3 months of owner ship and you can see by the photo I just hit 2000 miles. 2022 5.7L eTorque. 4x4.

I sent Ram Cares a Pm on here also this evening.

Attachments

• E16EE6F6-DCA3-4A7C-A2D5-ED47F915655C.jpeg
    E16EE6F6-DCA3-4A7C-A2D5-ED47F915655C.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 39

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are actually my shoes, but yes, socks too. I love my Vibram Five Fingers
I have a pair they are surprisingly very comfortable and awesome to wear in many different facets of life. Like it!!

Last edited:

TittoPollito

Reaction score
so they go one the ends of the doors, just inside the door jamb... so instead of closing my doors by putting my greaseball Italian fingers on the outside of the door and getting hand prints on the paint/possibly scratching it when theres like sand/salt on it, you grab these and swing the door shut. @Waterfowler41 did a vid on them...

Edit: heres the link to his vid.

commentary: my fav part is when he says "they're not for fights" :ROFLMAO: 👊
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Between my Arancini fingers and My wife's Colombian empanada fingers I know how real the struggle is keeping these grease off.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife and I have separate bank accounts. We split the bills. I don't ask what she makes, she don't ask what I make. I know she mKes more than me. As long as the bills get paid, we don't really worry about what they other one spends money on. She just shakes her head when I buy truck parts. I just spent $300 on the SquareKeg thing and she didn't even question it
Same here. We both work. Split the bills. As long as the bills are paid, we don't really sweat the small purchases. But anything big we do check with each other. 29yrs together. Happy wife, happy life :ROFLMAO:

Actually, the only thing she did tell me to stop buying is guns :ROFLMAO:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was hoping to install this at lunch, but found out the hard way about a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2013. 20230406_122954.jpg

My wife's parents bought the van new. Have since found out VCM (cylinder deactivation) causes the deactivated rear cylinders to eventually fill with oil. Causing problems as you can imagine. Rather than recall and fix, they extended the warranty, which expired three years ago. Google says I've caught the problem in time. Replace the bad spark plug, buy the $140 tuner to deactivate VCM, and keep driving. I will fix, but probably sell.

I contacted the tuner mfgr, as they were sold out. He said they go on sale Monday at 9am, and sell out by the end of the day.

So, I've read a bunch, watched a bunch of videos and was feeling good about changing my Hemi oil every 5k miles to avoid similar issues. Seen several who say lifter issues arise even with MDS deactivated. However, I may consider it. Seems like there are very few options, though. Push some buttons before driving or buy a $650 piggy back tuner... 🙁
20230406_121436.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was hoping to install this at lunch, but found out the hard way about a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2013. View attachment 156025

My wife's parents bought the van new. Have since found out VCM (cylinder deactivation) causes the deactivated rear cylinders to eventually fill with oil. Causing problems as you can imagine. Rather than recall and fix, they extended the warranty, which expired three years ago. Google says I've caught the problem in time. Replace the bad spark plug, buy the $140 tuner to deactivate VCM, and keep driving. I will fix, but probably sell.

I contacted the tuner mfgr, as they were sold out. He said they go on sale Monday at 9am, and sell out by the end of the day.

So, I've read a bunch, watched a bunch of videos and was feeling good about changing my Hemi oil every 3k miles to avoid similar issues. Seen several who say lifter issues arise even with MDS deactivated. However, I may consider it. Seems liker there are very few options, though. Push some buttons before driving or buy a $650 piggy back tuner... 🙁
View attachment 156026
3k oil changes will be a bit overkill on the Hemi. Use good oil and filter and should be no issues goin 5k-7500miles. I was doing 5k oil changes, but recently switched to a custom blend oil so will switch to 7500 miles.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made my own RamCharger today from Amazon for $18 for the wireless charger and $8 for a 9” left turn USB-C 3.0 to a right turn USB-A 2.0 cable. Actually charges fast and is thin enough to sit on the shelf so you can still slide your phone in the slot.

Attachments

• 78765F22-1420-4792-AE13-CDE95A99A18E.jpeg
    78765F22-1420-4792-AE13-CDE95A99A18E.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 141
  • E4D47BCB-A793-495B-B997-8E2A743F408F.jpeg
    E4D47BCB-A793-495B-B997-8E2A743F408F.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 140

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the fox 2.5s on my Silverado. I was very disappointed in them. They started to corrode, even though I kept them clean with anti corrosion spay. And the internal bushing were worn after only 15k causing them to clunk and the ride was better than normal shocks, but wasn’t what I expected for the money.

I switched to cst and all was solved.

If I were to go the lifted route again, I would splurge on a set of kings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have experience with both kings and fox and let me just tell you that you'd be disappointed in kings too since kings ride quality would be identical to fox 2.5 dsc. those race shocks are similar, only major difference is the shim stacks that control the compression and rebound of the piston. And even then the difference between the two are not big enough to make a day and night difference.

also by bushings i'm guessing you mean the eyelet bushings? those are worn items. My king's eyelet bushings were worn after 10K miles and by the time i hit 15k miles the bushings were so worn that the eyelet was free spinning when i took it off. your ride quality issue may be incorrectly set DSC compressors. I have mine set at max low speed and 1 click high speed and on street it's perfect. max everything for offroad and rides like a charm going through desert terrains.

Also king only has mid speed adjusters and not dual speed, so less customization options for you.

Users who are viewing this thread